Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Key_Maker

Speed meter gauge without using Excel

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

I wonder if there is a speed meter gauge in AutoIT - did someone managed to create one without the need of excel, only using the AutoIT graphics?

There is a great example (attached) from @GreenCan here in the excel's related gauge, but I can't use excel since it's not installed on the machine I need to run the AutoIT exe script on.

Thanks!

post-42917-0-78961900-1329488854.jpg

You can use e.g. GDI+ to realize this gauge. Btw, what is the gauge measuring?

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Triblade
      By Triblade
      Hi all,

I was pondering over a question with regards to the speeds of reading something and did not see this kind of question in a forum search.
      The question: What is (technically) faster? Multiple reads from the same 3d array cell, or only once make a 'temp' variable from that cell and read the value from this? I don't know if either has any real impact at all anyway, but just wanted to ask anyway. :-)

There may be a difference if the value holds an integer or a string (or something else) but in my case, is a simple integer.
      To hopefully clarify with a small bit of code:
      $process = $start - 15 If $xy[$process][3] <> "x" Then If _ArraySearch($open, $process, 1, $open[0][0], 0, 0, 1, 1) <> -1 Then UpdateOpen($xy[$process][5], $closed[0][0]) ElseIf $start > 0 And _ArraySearch($closed, $process, 1, $closed[0][0], 0, 0, 1, 0) = -1 Then Add_open($start, $closed[0][0], $counter, $process) EndIf EndIf You can read from this, that the array $closed[0][0] is being read 3 times. And this goes on further in the code I did not show.
      My question boils down to this, should I make a 'temp' variable to hold that $closed[0][0] value until the function is done?

It may not have a real impact on my small script, but I really am interested in the answer at least.

Regards,
      Tri.
    • Grosminet
      By Grosminet
      Searching inside the forum, I don't succeed to get any explanation about a strange (for me !) phenomena:
      Using AutoIt, I have coded a "cortex of neurons Simulator" for which I handle several neurons activity (Action Potential and Postsynaptic Potential) which take a long time, about 20 ms per neuron to be processed. This is why I need a global loop running about 1s for a global cortex of 50 neurons.
      But when I move the mouse (in any direction, like rotating above the GUI) the speed of the loop increase significantly : around x8 times more ... !
      This happens only if the GUI has the focus. I did a check with the "Windows Task Manager" where I can see the CPU usage changing every time the mouse is moving (growing from 3% to 15%).
      I believe to remember some lecture about the influence of the user events regarding the "Application" capability to anticipate user actions by changing it's rate of pooling events, but I'm not sure it was in an AutoIt forum, or maybe it was in an other "developer forum" (like "Code Project", "Stackoverflow" , or ...?
      Could somebody help me to understand this behaviour ?
      If possible, is there a programmatic method to manage the speed of a simple "For, Next" loop ? I try to change the Application priority (setting to level 4 with "ProcessSetPriority"), but this seems not very efficient ....
      Thanks, Alain.

FYI: I'm using :
      Autoit 3.3.14.2 Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 Computer ASUS N56V Screen resolution: 1920x1080 (recommended) Theme :Windows Classic
    • DrAhmed
      By DrAhmed
      Hey 
      I've these two functions to do a base64 conversation , Is there any way to compare the exact speed of both of them ?
      Func _Base64Encode($input) $input = Binary($input) Local $struct = DllStructCreate("byte[" & BinaryLen($input) & "]") DllStructSetData($struct, 1, $input) Local $strc = DllStructCreate("int") Local $a_Call = DllCall("Crypt32.dll", "int", "CryptBinaryToString", _ "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($struct), _ "int", DllStructGetSize($struct), _ "int", 1, _ "ptr", 0, _ "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($strc)) If @error Or Not $a_Call[0] Then Return SetError(1, 0, "") ; error calculating the length of the buffer needed EndIf Local $a = DllStructCreate("char[" & DllStructGetData($strc, 1) & "]") $a_Call = DllCall("Crypt32.dll", "int", "CryptBinaryToString", _ "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($struct), _ "int", DllStructGetSize($struct), _ "int", 1, _ "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($a), _ "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($strc)) If @error Or Not $a_Call[0] Then Return SetError(2, 0, ""); error encoding EndIf Return DllStructGetData($a, 1) EndFunc ;==>_Base64Encode  
      Func _Base64Encode($sData) Local $oXml = ObjCreate("Msxml2.DOMDocument") If Not IsObj($oXml) Then SetError(1, 1, 0) EndIf Local $oElement = $oXml.createElement("b64") If Not IsObj($oElement) Then SetError(2, 2, 0) EndIf $oElement.dataType = "bin.base64" $oElement.nodeTypedValue = Binary($sData) Local $sReturn = $oElement.Text If StringLen($sReturn) = 0 Then SetError(3, 3, 0) EndIf Return $sReturn EndFunc ;==>_Base64Encode  
    • phatzilla
      By phatzilla
      Hi gang,
      I'm in a bit of a pickle here, the gist of it is that i have one "main" file with ~200k lines, and literally hundreds of other files each ranging from 1k - 100k lines.
      I need to go through each of the "other" files and (separately) compare them to the "main" file, and save the differences between the two (no duplicates)

The issue is that each comparison (especially if the "other" file has 50+ k lines) takes over a minute each... 
      Is there anyway to cut this time down? As far as i know im using the most optimized array difference script

Here's a rough mockup of the script im currently using

note: the main file has all unique lines, and the "other" files wont ever have any lines that *DO NOT* appear in the main file, if that helps
      #include <array.au3> #include <file.au3> global $info_file global $compare_file global $Differece $info_file = FileReadToArray("info-file(200k lines).txt") $compare_file = FileReadToArray("compare-file(100k lines).txt") $Differece = _Diff($info_file, $compare_file, 0) ; get the difference between 2 arrays, NO duplicates _ArrayDisplay($Differece) ;================================================= ; Function Name: _Diff($Set1, $Set2 [, $GetAll=0 [, $Delim=Default]]) ; Description:: Find values in $Set1 that do not occur in $Set2 ; Parameter(s): $Set1 set 1 (1D-array or delimited string) ; $Set2 set 2 (1D-array or delimited string) ; optional: $GetAll 0 - only one occurence of every difference are shown (Default) ; 1 - all differences are shown, allowing duplicates ; optional: $Delim Delimiter for strings (Default use the separator character set by Opt("GUIDataSeparatorChar") ) ; Return Value(s): Succes 1D-array of values from $Set1 that do not occur in $Set2 ; Failure -1 @error set, that was given as array, isn't 1D-array ; Note: Comparison is case-sensitive! - i.e. Number 9 is different to string '9'! ; Author(s): BugFix (bugfix@autoit.de) Modified by ParoXsitiC for Faster _Diff (Formally _GetIntersection) ;================================================= Func _Diff(ByRef $Set1, ByRef $Set2, $GetAll = 0, $Delim = Default) Local $o1 = ObjCreate("System.Collections.ArrayList") Local $o2 = ObjCreate("System.Collections.ArrayList") Local $oDiff1 = ObjCreate("System.Collections.ArrayList") Local $tmp, $i If $GetAll <> 1 Then $GetAll = 0 If $Delim = Default Then $Delim = Opt("GUIDataSeparatorChar") If Not IsArray($Set1) Then If Not StringInStr($Set1, $Delim) Then $o1.Add($Set1) Else $tmp = StringSplit($Set1, $Delim, 1) For $i = 1 To UBound($tmp) - 1 $o1.Add($tmp[$i]) Next EndIf Else If UBound($Set1, 0) > 1 Then Return SetError(1, 0, -1) For $i = 0 To UBound($Set1) - 1 $o1.Add($Set1[$i]) Next EndIf If Not IsArray($Set2) Then If Not StringInStr($Set2, $Delim) Then $o2.Add($Set2) Else $tmp = StringSplit($Set2, $Delim, 1) For $i = 1 To UBound($tmp) - 1 $o2.Add($tmp[$i]) Next EndIf Else If UBound($Set2, 0) > 1 Then Return SetError(1, 0, -1) For $i = 0 To UBound($Set2) - 1 $o2.Add($Set2[$i]) Next EndIf For $tmp In $o1 If Not $o2.Contains($tmp) And ($GetAll Or Not $oDiff1.Contains($tmp)) Then $oDiff1.Add($tmp) Next If $oDiff1.Count <= 0 Then Return 0 Local $aOut[$oDiff1.Count] $i = 0 For $tmp In $oDiff1 $aOut[$i] = $tmp $i += 1 Next Return $aOut EndFunc ;==>_Diff  
    • Wingens
      By Wingens
      Hi,
      anyone got some experience with the  _NetInfo_GetUploadSpeed() from the NetInfo UDF.
      Been fiddeling with it for a day now. and i keep getting a return: 1 or return 2, never get my upload in kb/s.

This is the little bit of my script i got:

$s_CountryCode = "NL" $Upload_Speed = _NetInfo_GetUploadSpeed() MsgBox(4096, "Test", $Upload_Speed) What am I not seeing here...