tbohon

Missing File

12 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Loaded from latest releases of both AutoIt and SciTE and attempted to test by creating a simple SQLite script.  When trying to run the script I get an 'Error Opening File' error on line 45 of AutoIt3Wrapper.au3 which consists of the following code:

#include <WinAPIFiles.au3>

Unable to find this file anywhere on my hard drive and unable to find any patch or similar error on the forum.

Help?

TIA ...   Tom

Edited by tbohon

Attached is a screen capture ...

Thanks Jos!

SciTEError.JPG

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

That is not really what I am looking for, but rather the bottom part where normally all output is shown.
I also would have expected this error to show up in the SciTE output pane. 

Do you have any lines showing at al in the bottom window part of SciTE?

Jos

Edited by Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi.

That file should be located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\WinAPIFiles.au3

Get the freeware tool "Evertything". It helps you to locate files on local NTFS drives (extremly fast!)

I'd like to suggest, to uninstall Autoit & SciTE, reboot your computer, and then reinstall both using "Run as Administrator"

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

22 hours ago, Jos said:

That is not really what I am looking for, but rather the bottom part where normally all output is shown.
I also would have expected this error to show up in the SciTE output pane. 

Do you have any lines showing at al in the bottom window part of SciTE?

Jos

Sorry, didn't have the error pane turned on (it is now).

Here is what the error pane shows when that error appears:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\au3work2\mysqlitetest.au3" /UserParams  

5 hours ago, rudi said:

Hi.

That file should be located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\WinAPIFiles.au3

Get the freeware tool "Evertything". It helps you to locate files on local NTFS drives (extremly fast!)

I'd like to suggest, to uninstall Autoit & SciTE, reboot your computer, and then reinstall both using "Run as Administrator"

Regards, Rudi.

Thanks Rudi.  Double checked that location, not there.  I think I'll follow your suggestion (I am already an administrator on this machine) and see what happens.  Stay tuned!

Hi.

Use Sysinternals' "procmon.exe" with filtering "path" <includes> "WinAPIFiles.au3", to see what's going wrong during the installation process.

Possibly an over active AV-Scanner?

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

5 hours ago, tbohon said:

Here is what the error pane shows when that error appears:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\au3work2\mysqlitetest.au3" /UserParams  

I need ALL information from that output pane to see what is happening.

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

On 5/20/2016 at 3:14 PM, Jos said:

I need ALL information from that output pane to see what is happening.

Jos

Jos - that is all that shows in the output pane.  Following Rudi's suggestion I uninstalled AutoIt and the (full version of) SciTE, rebooted and installed just the AutoIT package from the download page.  Do NOT get that error any longer ... maybe it's a conflict with the full SciTE version and the AutoIT basic version?  Or maybe I simply screwed something up in the process.  Nevertheless I can live with the basic SciTE version which is working so I don't think you need to waste any more time on it for me anyway.  I'll press forward and start having fun programming again.

Thanks so much for helping me out!

Tom

On 5/20/2016 at 3:51 AM, rudi said:

Hi.

Regards, Rudi.

Followed your idea above Rudi and that error goes away.  I'm guessing I screwed something up in overwriting the SciTE included in the AutoIT package with the full version of SciTE.  After uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling just the AutoIT distribution that error disappears ... so for me right now life is good! :)

Thanks again for the assist.

Tom

4 minutes ago, tbohon said:

Jos - that is all that shows in the output pane.

Strange...  AutoIt3Wrapper should should all kinds of information when started.
Good to hear things cleared up with re-installation, but it doesn't make sense to me yet. :)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.