Skysnake

SciTe start new script (new doc)

3 posts in this topic

Hi all

When I right-click and tell Windows to create a New > AutoIt v3 Script I get a filename like this New AutoIt v3 Script and a file that contains this:

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.3.14.2
 Author:         myName

Script Function:
    Template AutoIt script.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Start - Add your code below here

But, when I am inside SciTE v.3.6.2.0 and click File > New I just get a blank document.

I do not think this is any kind of error.  Rather, where do I go to configure SciTe to insert that header? 

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

1 hour ago, Skysnake said:

where do I go to configure SciTe to insert that header? 

That is not available in SciTE since this is a generic editor program used for many source code types.

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

:(

Thanks for the reply. 

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• SorryButImaNewbie
      By SorryButImaNewbie
      Hello,
      I try to add a new UDF to my AutoIT library, and it seems I fail. I started to work following the insturctions found on the wiki . 
      I made an extra folder just next to my AutoIT folder, called ExtraUDF, and copied the file CUIAutomation2.au3 in it (I try to use this UDF for automating a program) then I run sciteconfig, set this folder up as User Include Folder, applied the changes, then run the calltip manager and got a msg when I tried to parse it. I attach a few pictures for better present the problem.
      I think I miss something here, should i put anything else on the ExtraUDF folder? I dont think that the CallTip manager added the udf to scite, If I try to run it i get a msg saying that I Scite cant open the include file and naturally after that, It can't use the functions called from it.
      Thank you for your help and insight as always! Please ask, if anything is fuzzy about the problem

• IamKJ
      By IamKJ
      Basically I'm trying to figure out what would be the most efficient means of making multiple use buttons.  What I'd like is to be able to click a button and pop up a msgbox to gather some info, or two message boxes, but upon entering that info and the msgbox dialogue being over, it'll then switch to a different function.  I was thinking of using 1/0 to designate which is true or not, but not sure if that'd be the most efficient way.  Still very new to coding, and autoit, any help would be great!
    • Yash91
      By Yash91
      Hi Experts,
      I want to integrate AutoIT with Eclipse to write my code in java for automating the desktop base application, i have integrate jacob 1.18 and verify the dll's also but i am getting How to fix java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Unsupported major.minor version 51 issue.
      I am using 32 bit windows xp with java 1.6 version.
      Java 1.7 is unsupported in 32 bit windows xp. is there any solution for the same.
    • AndyS01
      By AndyS01
      I recently installed AutoIt and SciTE4AutoIT and when I edit a file and change the editor's screen position and size, then exit and edit the file again, the editor reverts to the original GUI metrics. My laptop is running Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit OS.   I have a laptop with the same software, but 32 bit OS and it  works OK.
    • YashShrivastava
      By YashShrivastava
      Hi Experts,
      I am getting error: _ExcelBookOpen() undefined function in auto IT scite whenever i execute any program using functions.
      i defined the functions name also but this error is not getting resolved.
      _ExcelBookOpen(): undefined function
      _ExcelReadCell():undefined function
      require your inputs to fix this issue. I'm going through the forums and examples, but can't find anything and follow the suggestions but this issue hasn't got resolved.