I'm trying to create a shortcut playing with variables but I can't figure out what's wrong
I got 2 variables joined in one with for instance
Local $path = FileOpenDialog($message, "C:" & "", "Select your executable (*.exe)", 1 + 4)
Local $elev = 'c:\windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "runhigh" /high '
$target = $elev & $path
FileCreateShortcut($target, @DesktopCommonDir & "\linked.lnk", StringLeft($target,StringInStr($target,"\",0,-1)) , "" , "" , "c:\i.ico")
The problem is that a shortcut is created but instead of the target area I got the start in filled with my variable
My second problem is that when I do a shell execute of the result of $target = $elev & $path, Note that if I do a batch with the variable written manually, it's working.
traytip isn't working in windows 10. nothing happens when i use the Traytip command.
here's a simple script i used:
TrayTip("I'm a title", "I'm the message", 5) i tried changing the registry setting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced ( which didn't have EnableBalloonTips) and creating a DWORD entry called EnableBalloonTips and setting it to 1 and logging off then back in. that did not resolve the problem.
i'm running Windows 10 v1709 b16299.431
As they're opinion-based to some degree; how are AutoIt's best practices decided and do suggestions get considered?
Some suggestions :
For...To...Step...Next -loop variable-naming like $iN ($i1, $i2, etc.) : conforms to recommended naming convention, identifies level (albeit inverted to ExitLoop and ContinueLoop's convention) and enables SciTE selection-highlighting (requires minimum of 3 characters). Minimize logic in global scope, separate data & settings from logic, use of vertical space, project organization (folder structure, resource- and include file management). Example (loop variable-naming, minimizing logic in global scope and separation of settings from logic) :
#include <Array.au3> Global Enum $RANDOM_RETURNFLOAT, _ $RANDOM_RETURNINTEGER Global Enum $EXITCODE_NONE Global Const $g_sChar0 = '-' Global Const $g_sChar1 = '+' Global Const $g_iAmountX = 10 Global Const $g_iAmountY = $g_iAmountX Main() Func Main() Local $aArray[$g_iAmountY][$g_iAmountX] For $i1 = 0 To $g_iAmountY - 1 For $i2 = 0 To $g_iAmountX - 1 $aArray[$i1][$i2] = Random(0, 1, $RANDOM_RETURNINTEGER) ? $g_sChar1 : $g_sChar0 Next Next _ArrayDisplay($aArray) Exit $EXITCODE_NONE EndFunc Example (project organization) :
+ project_folder + bak [backup files] + bin [distributed binaries and dependencies] + inc [non-standard include files] + res [resource files (icons, file+install files, etc.)] + usr [configuration files, databases, etc.] - script.au3 - script.exe Example (use of vertical space) :
Func _DigitalRoot($iNum) Local $sNum = '' Local $aNum While $iNum > 9 $sNum = String($iNum) $aNum = StringSplit($sNum, '') $iNum = 0 For $i1 = 1 To $aNum $iNum += Int($aNum[$i1]) Next WEnd Return $iNum EndFunc
I need this for a project and I don't find a method for the next problem.
I want when I click a button to create a variable ("$variable1") so if I press one more time to create one more ("$variable2") and create more and more how many times you press the button.
Do you have an idea ?
Thank you for your attention !
I've ported these two functions from PHP to AU3 to work with URLs.
Made them for those who work with libraries like HTTP.au3 (not the one I coded), that needs passing the server domain, path, etc., instead of the full URL.
Grab the lib here.
ParseURL( $sURL )
Parses the URL and splits it into defined parts. Returns an array:
 = Full URL (same as $sURL)  = Protocol (i.e.: http, https, ftp, ws...)  = Domain  = Port (or null if not specified)  = Path (or null if not specified)  = Query string (everything after the ? - or null if not specified) Example:
$aExample = ParseURL("https://google.com:8080/?name=doe") MsgBox(0, "Test", "URL: " & $aExample & @CRLF & _ "Protocol: " & $aExample & @CRLF & _ "Domain: " & $aExample & @CRLF & _ "Port: " & $aExample & @CRLF & _ "Path: " & $aExample & @CRLF & _ "Query string: " & $aExample)
ParseStr( $sStr )
Parses a query string (similar to the  of the previous function) and returns a multidimensional array, where:
 = number of variables found  = ununsed  = key name of the first variable  = first variable value (already URL decoded) [n] = key name of the nth variable [n] = nth variable value (already URL decoded) Example:
include <Array.au3> ; need only to do _ArrayDisplay, not needed by the lib _ArrayDisplay(ParseStr("foo=bar&test=lol%20123")) #cs Result is:  = 2  = ununsed  = foo  = bar  = test  = lol 123 #ce Feel free to fork!