#include <Date.au3>
#include <TrayConstants.au3>

HotKeySet("^d", "WhatIsToday")

Global $Today = _Date_Time_GetSystemTime

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func WhatIsToday()
    TrayTip("Today's date", "Today is... " & $Today, 8)
    Sleep(8000)
    TrayTip("", "", 0)
EndFunc   ;==>WhatIsToday

all it outputs into tray bubble is:  Today is...

without getting the system time as text

Synapsee

u need read more about _Date_Time_GetSystemTime() :

#include <Date.au3>
#include <TrayConstants.au3>

HotKeySet("^d", "WhatIsToday")

Global $Today = _Date_Time_GetSystemTime()

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func WhatIsToday()
    TrayTip("Today's date", "Today is... " & _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr($Today), 8)
    Sleep(8000)
    TrayTip("", "", 0)
EndFunc   ;==>WhatIsToday

• Like 1

CurtimusPrime

that returns: Today is...  (time and date format with all 0's)

CurtimusPrime

you're right i wasn't reading everything.. i didn't know how to use UDF properly lol... sure don't make them easy lol

Edited by CurtimusPrime

Synapsee

be carefull to that :

Global $Today = _Date_Time_GetSystemTime() ;<========= don't fortget parenthese here "()"

without "()" i have your issue :

(time and date format with all 0's)

• Like 1

CurtimusPrime

seems being on vista i cant use AutoIt system time functions

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• dwaynek
      By dwaynek
      traytip isn't working in windows 10. nothing happens when i use the Traytip command.
      here's a simple script i used:
      TrayTip("I'm a title", "I'm the message", 5) i tried changing the registry setting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced ( which didn't have EnableBalloonTips) and creating a DWORD entry called EnableBalloonTips and setting it to 1 and logging off then back in. that did not resolve the problem.
      i'm running Windows 10 v1709 b16299.431
    • user4157124
      By user4157124
      As they're opinion-based to some degree; how are AutoIt's best practices decided and do suggestions get considered?
      Some suggestions :
      For...To...Step...Next -loop variable-naming like $iN ($i1, $i2, etc.) : conforms to recommended naming convention, identifies level (albeit inverted to ExitLoop and ContinueLoop's convention) and enables SciTE selection-highlighting (requires minimum of 3 characters). Minimize logic in global scope, separate data & settings from logic, use of vertical space, project organization (folder structure, resource- and include file management). Example (loop variable-naming, minimizing logic in global scope and separation of settings from logic) :
      #include <Array.au3> Global Enum $RANDOM_RETURNFLOAT, _ $RANDOM_RETURNINTEGER Global Enum $EXITCODE_NONE Global Const $g_sChar0 = '-' Global Const $g_sChar1 = '+' Global Const $g_iAmountX = 10 Global Const $g_iAmountY = $g_iAmountX Main() Func Main() Local $aArray[$g_iAmountY][$g_iAmountX] For $i1 = 0 To $g_iAmountY - 1 For $i2 = 0 To $g_iAmountX - 1 $aArray[$i1][$i2] = Random(0, 1, $RANDOM_RETURNINTEGER) ? $g_sChar1 : $g_sChar0 Next Next _ArrayDisplay($aArray) Exit $EXITCODE_NONE EndFunc Example (project organization) :
      + project_folder + bak [backup files] + bin [distributed binaries and dependencies] + inc [non-standard include files] + res [resource files (icons, file+install files, etc.)] + usr [configuration files, databases, etc.] - script.au3 - script.exe Example (use of vertical space) :
      Func _DigitalRoot($iNum) Local $sNum = '' Local $aNum While $iNum > 9 $sNum = String($iNum) $aNum = StringSplit($sNum, '') $iNum = 0 For $i1 = 1 To $aNum[0] $iNum += Int($aNum[$i1]) Next WEnd Return $iNum EndFunc
    • AppSoftwareVld
      By AppSoftwareVld
      Hello,

I need this for a project and I don't find a method for the next problem.
      I want when I click a button to create a variable ("$variable1") so if I press one more time to create one more ("$variable2") and create more and more how many times you press the button.

Do you have an idea ? 
      Thank you for your attention !
    • Jefrey
      By Jefrey
      I've ported these two functions from PHP to AU3 to work with URLs.
      Made them for those who work with libraries like HTTP.au3 (not the one I coded), that needs passing the server domain, path, etc., instead of the full URL.
      Grab the lib here.
      ParseURL( $sURL )
      Parses the URL and splits it into defined parts. Returns an array:
      [0] = Full URL (same as $sURL) [1] = Protocol (i.e.: http, https, ftp, ws...) [2] = Domain [3] = Port (or null if not specified) [4] = Path (or null if not specified) [5] = Query string (everything after the ? - or null if not specified) Example:
      $aExample = ParseURL("https://google.com:8080/?name=doe") MsgBox(0, "Test", "URL: " & $aExample[0] & @CRLF & _ "Protocol: " & $aExample[1] & @CRLF & _ "Domain: " & $aExample[2] & @CRLF & _ "Port: " & $aExample[3] & @CRLF & _ "Path: " & $aExample[4] & @CRLF & _ "Query string: " & $aExample[5])  
      ParseStr( $sStr )
      Parses a query string (similar to the [5] of the previous function) and returns a multidimensional array, where:
      [0][0] = number of variables found [0][1] = ununsed [1][0] = key name of the first variable [1][1] = first variable value (already URL decoded) [n][0] = key name of the nth variable [n][1] = nth variable value (already URL decoded) Example:
      include <Array.au3> ; need only to do _ArrayDisplay, not needed by the lib _ArrayDisplay(ParseStr("foo=bar&test=lol%20123")) #cs Result is: [0][0] = 2 [0][1] = ununsed [1][0] = foo [1][1] = bar [2][0] = test [2][1] = lol 123 #ce Feel free to fork!
    • Zinthose
      By Zinthose
      Hey all!

It's been a while since I've posted but here is a simple little function I thought I'd share that allows you to keep a script process active for a minimum amount of time.

I use this to ensure the process is active to ensure any TrayTips remain visible.  But I'm sure there is far more interesting uses for this.
      How it Works
      The coder calls the KeepAlive function with the number of seconds he/she wants to ensure the process will remain active for the next n seconds.  Let's say you just called the TrayTip function with 15 seconds display time.  You might call KeepAlive with 18 seconds to ensure the process stays active for the next 18 seconds.  If the process is closed after that, then the process will close normally.
      #Region - KeepAlive Functions ;## Function used to ensure the process stays active for the next n seconds. This is useful to ensure ToolTips ect remain visible. #cs - Example TrayTip(@ScriptName, "This Tip will be called just prior to exit of process.", 5) KeepAlive(8) Exit #ce - Example Func KeepAlive($Seconds = 5) Global $KeeyAlive_IsActive = False Global $KeeyAlive_Init = 0 Global $KeeyAlive_Timeout = 0 ;## Check if there is a previously set timer and only set the new value if it is more than the previously set value. If $KeeyAlive_Timeout - TimerDiff($KeeyAlive_Init) < $Seconds * 1000 Then $KeeyAlive_Init = TimerInit() $KeeyAlive_Timeout = $Seconds * 1000 EndIf ;## If the callback is not yet regerister to execute on exit, register it now. If Not $KeeyAlive_IsActive Then $KeeyAlive_IsActive = True OnAutoItExitRegister("__KeepAlive_OnExit") EndIf EndFunc ;## Private On Exit Function used to ensure program remains active for a previously defined number of seconds. Func __KeepAlive_OnExit() ;## If closeing due to Loffoff or shutdown. Allow it without Delay. If @exitMethod > 2 Then Return ;## Check for reasons that process should be clsoed immediatly without delay. If @exitMethod > 2 Or Not IsDeclared("KeeyAlive_IsActive") Or Not IsDeclared("KeeyAlive_Init") Or Not IsDeclared("KeeyAlive_Timeout") Or TimerDiff($KeeyAlive_Init) > $KeeyAlive_Timeout Then Return ;## Pause Process for the time remaining. ConsoleWrite("Keeping Alive for " & Int($KeeyAlive_Timeout - TimerDiff($KeeyAlive_Init)) & "ms" & @CRLF) Sleep($KeeyAlive_Timeout - TimerDiff($KeeyAlive_Init)) EndFunc #EndRegion Enjoy!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.