PINTO1927

Restart from a preset point

PINTO1927

Hi guys,

I would like to create a button which restarts the script from a set point from me..

Unfortunately with:

Run(FileGetShortName(@AutoItExe) & " " & FileGetShortName(@ScriptFullPath))

I repeated everything the script , however I need to do it again from a point that I imposed..:sweating:

Thank's..

Edited by PINTO1927

JLogan3o13

@PINTO1927 it is a bit difficult to give more than generic advice as you didn't post your script, but why not break your script into functions, and then use the button to call the appropriate one?

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

How to get your question answered on this forum!

PINTO1927

an example to call a function from a button?

JLogan3o13

Yes, in the help file for GUICtrlCreateButton. You can easily modify the example script to call your function. OR, you could post your script as I mentioned above, so we're not having to guess at what you're trying to do ;)

PINTO1927
#include <Array.au3>
Global $sFileToCheck = "C:\temp\test.txt"
Global $bFileChanged = False
Global $sFileDateTime = _ArrayToString(FileGetTime($sFileToCheck))
AdlibRegister("_CheckFile", 250)

; GUI creation etc goes here

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Form)
While 1
    If $bFileChanged Then
        MsgBox(0, "Info", "File has changed")
        $sFileDateTime = _ArrayToString(FileGetTime($sFileToCheck))
        $bFileChanged = False
    EndIf
    ; It must start from here
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case...
        Case...
        Case...
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _CheckFile()
    If $sFileDateTime <> _ArrayToString(FileGetTime($sFileToCheck)) Then $bFileChanged = True
EndFunc   ;==>_CheckFile

I have shown you the point of departure must start

JLogan3o13

That's great @PINTO1927, now how about showing what you have tried on your own, given the example I pointed you to in the help file? This is not a forum where you put in a request and someone barfs up the code for you. We're happy to help, but you need to at least try on your own.

AutoBert
21 hours ago, PINTO1927 said:

I have shown you the point of departure must start

Here the solution for your script:

#include <Array.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Global $sFileToCheck = "test.txt"
Global $sFileDateTime = _ArrayToString(FileGetTime($sFileToCheck))

; Create a GUI with various controls.
    Global $hGUI = GUICreate("Example", 300, 200)

; Create a button control.
    Global $idFast = GUICtrlCreateButton("Fast Restart", 210, 10, 190, 25)

; Display the GUI.
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)

Global $bFileChanged = False

While 1
    If $bFileChanged Then
        MsgBox(0, "Info", "File has changed")
        $sFileDateTime = _ArrayToString(FileGetTime($sFileToCheck))
        $bFileChanged = False
        MsgBox(0,'Restart needed','Fast restart will be done!',1)
    EndIf
    ; It continues here or did you see the MsgBox without changing file?????
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $idFast
            AdlibRegister("_CheckFile", 1000)
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _CheckFile()
    If $sFileDateTime <> _ArrayToString(FileGetTime($sFileToCheck)) Then $bFileChanged = True
    AdlibUnRegister('_CheckFile')
EndFunc   ;==>_CheckFile

Making even as much sence as your script.

Edited by AutoBert

JLogan3o13
22 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

This is not a forum where you put in a request and someone barfs up the code for you. We're happy to help, but you need to at least try on your own.

Look at me, wrong again :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• TheDcoder
      By TheDcoder

ProxAllium
      ProxAllium is a GUI frontend to Tor, it aims to make the usage of Tor easier by directly exposing its SOCK5 proxy which can be used to access the Tor network. The GUI is designed to be simple and user-friendly and it has a few other features... namely:
      Fully portable - doesn't write outside its own directory Integrated with Tor via the controller interface and properly communicates with it Minimize to tray Option to start with Windows Interface to configure bridges if Tor is censored in your region Many customization options are available via the config.ini file Screenshots:
      The code is made with pure AutoIt, is fully open source and you are free to adapt it to your needs
      The GitHub repository hosts all the releases and code. As a bonus it has a somewhat sparsely documented Tor UDF which can be used to control Tor, the code also demonstrates the proper usage of my Process UDF which might be interesting if you want to deal with processes.

As some of my friends know, I no longer use Windows as my main operating system. I switched to Linux a few months back as my primary operating system and haven't looked back since. Unfortunately that meant I could no longer use my own program due to it being Windows only... after a few months of playing around with C and making a basic program, I have decided to rewrite all of ProxAllium into C and make it cross-platform. Sadly this means that the AutoIt version of ProxAllium will not receive any major updates now.
      Let me know if this is something you guys would use, I used it daily with my IRC client to connect via Tor (to protect my I.P). I hope you enjoy using my program!
    • morion84
      By morion84
      Hi, when I call a MsgBox function I can use a "$MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION" flag so it will be displayed "on the current active desktop, even if there is no user logged on to the computer.". That works just great. Is there a way to do the same to Autoit GUI Form so it will be visible on desktop even if running from system account and user is not logged?
    • remin
      By remin
      I do have one autoit script file with multiple functions.
      p.e.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <String.au3> #include <GuiButton.au3> #include <Constants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <Misc.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <HotString.au3> Func ACase() $Form4=GUICreate("ACase", 100, 195, 290, 142) etc etc GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Form4) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE SUB_Write2ini(....) ;I write a few things in an ini file Case $a Case $b etc EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc Func BCase() $Form5=GUICreate("BCase", 100, 195, 290, 142) etc etc GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Form5) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE SUB_Write2ini(....) ;I write a few things in an ini file Case $a Case $b etc EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc When I activate the 1st function (ACase), using a shortcut and the 2nd function (BCase) (with a different shortcut) and I click on a button in whatever of these 2 Gui's, I can't use the other Gui anymore. It doesn't do the right thing as if autoit only remembers the Gui I first used.
      What did I wrong? How can I let autoit know which GUI is active and to connect to the function of that Gui?
      Hope I made myself clear.

• Sven-Seyfert
      By Sven-Seyfert
      Hi Community,

I use a UDF by @smashly to play a video in a GUI. That works fine for my main monitor.
      But when I change the X and Y positions of the GUI (also for the video) to my second or third monitor, the video plays, I can hear the sound of it, but I don't see the video.

I debugged the UDF and checked the Microsoft description for MCI Command Strings which are used in the UDF (docs.microsoft...) - everything is fine, so I got no clue why the video isn't displayed.

PlayVideoTest.au3:

VideoInGui_by_Smashky.au3 (UDF):

The example video:

It would be great when anyone can help .
      Is there maybe a other way to play (display videos in GUI)?

Thanks for any suggestion - I'm grateful!
      Sven
    • UEZ
      By UEZ
      Following script shows a parent GUI with a child GUI initialized as MDICHILD.
      #include <Constants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiReBar.au3> #include <GuiScrollBars.au3> #include <GuiToolbar.au3> #include <ScreenCapture.au3> #include <ScrollBarConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> _GDIPlus_Startup() Global Enum $idNew = 1000, $idOpen, $idSave, $idHelper Global Const $iImageW = @DesktopWidth, $iImageH = @DesktopHeight Global Const $hBMP_ScreenCapture = _ScreenCapture_Capture("", 0, 0, $iImageW, $iImageH, False) Global Const $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromHBITMAP($hBMP_ScreenCapture) Sleep(50) Global Const $iW = 1500, $iH = 700, $SC_DRAGMOVE = 0xF012 Global Const $hGUI = GUICreate("Move child GUI within GUI", $iW, $iH) Global Const $hToolbar = _GUICtrlToolbar_Create($hGUI) Global Const $hReBar = _GUICtrlRebar_Create($hGUI, BitOR($CCS_TOP, $RBS_VARHEIGHT, $RBS_AUTOSIZE, $RBS_BANDBORDERS)) Global Const $height_delta = 37 Global Const $idPic = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 0, $height_delta + 2, $iW, $iH) Global $hBitmap_tmp, $hHBitmap_tmp $hBitmap_tmp = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromScan0($iW, $iH) Global $hGfx_Context = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hBitmap_tmp) _GUICtrlToolbar_AddBitmap($hToolbar, 1, -1, $IDB_STD_LARGE_COLOR) _GUICtrlToolbar_AddButton($hToolbar, $idNew, $STD_FILENEW) _GUICtrlToolbar_AddButton($hToolbar, $idOpen, $STD_FILEOPEN) _GUICtrlToolbar_AddButton($hToolbar, $idSave, $STD_FILESAVE) _GUICtrlToolbar_AddButtonSep($hToolbar) _GUICtrlToolbar_AddButton($hToolbar, $idHelper, $STD_HELP) _GUICtrlRebar_AddToolBarBand($hReBar, $hToolbar, "", 0) Global Const $iVSscroll = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(2) Global Const $iHSscroll = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(3) Global Const $iYCaption = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(4) Global Const $iYFixedFrame = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(8) Global Const $iXFixedFrame = _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(7) Global Const $iMetricsSumX = $iVSscroll + $iXFixedFrame * 2 Global Const $iMetricsSumY = $iHSscroll + $iYCaption + $iYFixedFrame _GUIScrollBars_Init($hGUI) _GUIScrollBars_SetScrollInfoMin($hGUI, $SB_HORZ, 0) _GUIScrollBars_SetScrollInfoMax($hGUI, $SB_HORZ, $iImageW - $iW + 61 + $iMetricsSumX) _GUIScrollBars_SetScrollInfoMin($hGUI, $SB_VERT, 0) _GUIScrollBars_SetScrollInfoMax($hGUI, $SB_VERT, $iImageH - $iH + $iMetricsSumY + $height_delta - 1) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) Global Const $STM_SETIMAGE = 0x0172 _WinAPI_DeleteObject(GUICtrlSendMsg($idPic, $STM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hBMP_ScreenCapture)) Global $IE_offset_x = 0, $IE_offset_y = 0 DrawImage($hGfx_Context, $hBitmap, $IE_offset_x, $IE_offset_y, $iW, $iH) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_HSCROLL, "WM_HSCROLL_IE") GUIRegisterMsg($WM_VSCROLL, "WM_VSCROLL_IE") Global $iPosX_Crop = 0, $iPosY_Crop = 0, $iW_crop = 200, $iH_crop = 200, $bMove_Crop = True Global $hGUI_IE_Crop = GUICreate("", $iW_crop, $iH_crop, $iPosX_Crop, $iPosY_Crop) GUISetStyle(BitOR($WS_BORDER, $WS_POPUP), $WS_EX_MDICHILD) _WinAPI_SetParent($hGUI_IE_Crop, $hGUI) WinSetTrans($hGUI_IE_Crop, "", 0xA0) Global $iLable_CropMove = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 0, 0, $iW_crop, $iH_crop, -1, $GUI_WS_EX_PARENTDRAG) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI_IE_Crop) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_MOVE, "WM_MOVE_IE_GUI_Crop") ;~ GUIRegisterMsg($WM_LBUTTONDOWN, "_WM_LBUTTONDOWN") Do Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop EndSwitch Until False GUIRegisterMsg($WM_HSCROLL, "") GUIRegisterMsg($WM_VSCROLL, "") GUIRegisterMsg($WM_MOVE, "") GUIRegisterMsg($WM_LBUTTONDOWN, "") _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBMP_ScreenCapture) _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap_tmp) _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGfx_Context) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() Exit Func WM_HSCROLL_IE($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $iMsg, $lParam Local $Min, $Max, $Page, $TrackPos ; Get all the horizontal scroll bar information Local $tSCROLLINFO_X = _GUIScrollBars_GetScrollInfoEx($hWnd, $SB_HORZ) $Min = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nMin") $Max = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nMax") $Page = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nPage") ; Save the position for comparison later on $IE_offset_x = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nPos") $TrackPos = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nTrackPos") #forceref $Min, $Max Local $nScrollCode = BitAND($wParam, 0x0000FFFF) Switch $nScrollCode Case $SB_LINELEFT ; user clicked left arrow DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nPos", $IE_offset_x - 1) Case $SB_LINERIGHT ; user clicked right arrow DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nPos", $IE_offset_x + 1) Case $SB_PAGELEFT ; user clicked the scroll bar shaft left of the scroll box DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nPos", $IE_offset_x - $Page) Case $SB_PAGERIGHT ; user clicked the scroll bar shaft right of the scroll box DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nPos", $IE_offset_x + $Page) Case $SB_THUMBTRACK ; user dragged the scroll box DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nPos", $TrackPos) EndSwitch DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "fMask", $SIF_POS) _GUIScrollBars_SetScrollInfo($hWnd, $SB_HORZ, $tSCROLLINFO_X) $IE_offset_x = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_X, "nPos") DrawImage($hGfx_Context, $hBitmap, $IE_offset_x, $IE_offset_y, $iW, $iH) $hHBitmap_tmp = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hBitmap_tmp) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(GUICtrlSendMsg($idPic, $STM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hHBitmap_tmp)) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hHBitmap_tmp) $bMove_Crop = False ConsoleWrite($iPosX_Crop & ", " & $iPosY_Crop & " / " & $IE_offset_x & ", " & $IE_offset_y & @CRLF) WinMove($hGUI_IE_Crop, "", -$IE_offset_x + $iPosX_Crop, -$IE_offset_y + $iPosY_Crop) ;~ DllCall("user32.dll", "bool", "MoveWindow", "hwnd", $hGUI_IE_Crop, "int", -$IE_offset_x + $iPosX_Crop, "int", -$IE_offset_y + $iPosY_Crop, "int", $iW_crop, "int", $iH_crop, "bool", True) $bMove_Crop = True Return "GUI_RUNDEFMSG" EndFunc ;==>WM_HSCROLL_IE Func WM_VSCROLL_IE($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $iMsg, $lParam Local $Min, $Max, $Page, $TrackPos ;~ ; Get all the horizontal scroll bar information Local $tSCROLLINFO_Y = _GUIScrollBars_GetScrollInfoEx($hWnd, $SB_VERT) $Min = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nMin") $Max = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nMax") $Page = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nPage") ; Save the position for comparison later on $IE_offset_y = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nPos") $TrackPos = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nTrackPos") #forceref $Min, $Max Local $nScrollCode = BitAND($wParam, 0x0000FFFF) Switch $nScrollCode Case $SB_LINELEFT ; user clicked left arrow DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nPos", $IE_offset_y - 1) Case $SB_LINERIGHT ; user clicked right arrow DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nPos", $IE_offset_y + 1) Case $SB_PAGELEFT ; user clicked the scroll bar shaft left of the scroll box DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nPos", $IE_offset_y - $Page) Case $SB_PAGERIGHT ; user clicked the scroll bar shaft right of the scroll box DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nPos", $IE_offset_y + $Page) Case $SB_THUMBTRACK ; user dragged the scroll box DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nPos", $TrackPos) EndSwitch DllStructSetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "fMask", $SIF_POS) _GUIScrollBars_SetScrollInfo($hWnd, $SB_VERT, $tSCROLLINFO_Y) $IE_offset_y = DllStructGetData($tSCROLLINFO_Y, "nPos") DrawImage($hGfx_Context, $hBitmap, $IE_offset_x, $IE_offset_y, $iW, $iH) $bMove_Crop = False ConsoleWrite($iPosX_Crop & ", " & $iPosY_Crop & " / " & $IE_offset_x & ", " & $IE_offset_y & @CRLF) WinMove($hGUI_IE_Crop, "", -$IE_offset_x + $iPosX_Crop, -$IE_offset_y + $iPosY_Crop) ;~ DllCall("user32.dll", "bool", "MoveWindow", "hwnd", $hGUI_IE_Crop, "int", -$IE_offset_x + $iPosX_Crop, "int", -$IE_offset_y + $iPosY_Crop, "int", $iW_crop, "int", $iH_crop, "bool", True) $bMove_Crop = True Return "GUI_RUNDEFMSG" EndFunc ;==>WM_VSCROLL_IE Func _WM_LBUTTONDOWN($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) _SendMessage($hGUI_IE_Crop, $WM_SYSCOMMAND, $SC_DRAGMOVE, 0) EndFunc ;==>_WM_LBUTTONDOWN Func WM_MOVE_IE_GUI_Crop($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $iMsg, $wParam If $hWnd = $hGUI_IE_Crop And $bMove_Crop Then $iPosX_Crop = _WinAPI_LoWord($lParam) $iPosY_Crop = _WinAPI_HiWord($lParam) EndIf Return "GUI_RUNDEFMSG" EndFunc ;==>WM_MOVE_IE_GUI_Crop Func WM_SIZE_IE_GUI_Crop($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_SIZE_IE_GUI_Crop Func DrawImage($hGfx_Context, $hBitmap, $IE_offset_x, $IE_offset_y, $iW, $iH) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRectRect($hGfx_Context, $hBitmap, $IE_offset_x, $IE_offset_y, $iW, $iH, 0, 0, $iW, $iH) $hHBitmap_tmp = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hBitmap_tmp) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(GUICtrlSendMsg($idPic, $STM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hHBitmap_tmp)) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hHBitmap_tmp) EndFunc  
      My problem: if you move the child window at left upper corner to another place and move either H or V scrollbar the child GUI will be moved properly. BUT if you have scrolled the scrollbars to the right bottom of the image and move the child GUI to that corner, too then the child GUI jumps if you click on one of the scrollbars.
      Is there something that I didn't consider?