PINTO1927

Restart from a preset point

PINTO1927

Hi guys,

I would like to create a button which restarts the script from a set point from me..

Unfortunately with:

Run(FileGetShortName(@AutoItExe) & " " & FileGetShortName(@ScriptFullPath))

I repeated everything the script , however I need to do it again from a point that I imposed..:sweating:

Thank's..

Edited by PINTO1927

JLogan3o13

@PINTO1927 it is a bit difficult to give more than generic advice as you didn't post your script, but why not break your script into functions, and then use the button to call the appropriate one?

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

PINTO1927

an example to call a function from a button?

JLogan3o13

Yes, in the help file for GUICtrlCreateButton. You can easily modify the example script to call your function. OR, you could post your script as I mentioned above, so we're not having to guess at what you're trying to do ;)

PINTO1927
#include <Array.au3>
Global $sFileToCheck = "C:\temp\test.txt"
Global $bFileChanged = False
Global $sFileDateTime = _ArrayToString(FileGetTime($sFileToCheck))
AdlibRegister("_CheckFile", 250)

; GUI creation etc goes here

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Form)
While 1
    If $bFileChanged Then
        MsgBox(0, "Info", "File has changed")
        $sFileDateTime = _ArrayToString(FileGetTime($sFileToCheck))
        $bFileChanged = False
    EndIf
    ; It must start from here
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case...
        Case...
        Case...
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _CheckFile()
    If $sFileDateTime <> _ArrayToString(FileGetTime($sFileToCheck)) Then $bFileChanged = True
EndFunc   ;==>_CheckFile

I have shown you the point of departure must start

JLogan3o13

That's great @PINTO1927, now how about showing what you have tried on your own, given the example I pointed you to in the help file? This is not a forum where you put in a request and someone barfs up the code for you. We're happy to help, but you need to at least try on your own.

AutoBert
21 hours ago, PINTO1927 said:

I have shown you the point of departure must start

Here the solution for your script:

#include <Array.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Global $sFileToCheck = "test.txt"
Global $sFileDateTime = _ArrayToString(FileGetTime($sFileToCheck))

; Create a GUI with various controls.
    Global $hGUI = GUICreate("Example", 300, 200)

; Create a button control.
    Global $idFast = GUICtrlCreateButton("Fast Restart", 210, 10, 190, 25)

; Display the GUI.
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)

Global $bFileChanged = False

While 1
    If $bFileChanged Then
        MsgBox(0, "Info", "File has changed")
        $sFileDateTime = _ArrayToString(FileGetTime($sFileToCheck))
        $bFileChanged = False
        MsgBox(0,'Restart needed','Fast restart will be done!',1)
    EndIf
    ; It continues here or did you see the MsgBox without changing file?????
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $idFast
            AdlibRegister("_CheckFile", 1000)
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _CheckFile()
    If $sFileDateTime <> _ArrayToString(FileGetTime($sFileToCheck)) Then $bFileChanged = True
    AdlibUnRegister('_CheckFile')
EndFunc   ;==>_CheckFile

Making even as much sence as your script.

Edited by AutoBert

JLogan3o13
22 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

This is not a forum where you put in a request and someone barfs up the code for you. We're happy to help, but you need to at least try on your own.

Look at me, wrong again :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Blois
      By Blois
      Hi Guis,

I need to create keyboard shortcut to navigate the tabs and activate them, but I could not use the code below:
      #include <TabConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GuiTab.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> HotKeySet("^{TAB}", "_TabRight") HotKeySet("^+{TAB}", "_TabLeft") $gui = GUICreate("test",450, 300) $Tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTab(20, 24, 425, 201) $TabSheet1 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Tabsheet 1") $lbContagemGrupos2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("aaaa", 50, 50) GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x0000FF) GUICtrlCreateTabItem("") $TabSheet2 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem(" ") $TabSheet3 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem(" ") GUISetState() While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd Func _TabRight() $CurPos = _GUICtrlTab_GetCurSel($Tab1) _GUICtrlTab_SetCurSel($Tab1, $CurPos + 1) $tab = "$TabSheet" & $CurPos GUICtrlSetState($TabSheet1 + $CurPos, $GUI_SHOW) Return EndFunc Func _TabLeft() $CurPos = _GUICtrlTab_GetCurSel($Tab1) _GUICtrlTab_SetCurSel($Tab1, $CurPos - 1) $tab = "$TabSheet" & $CurPos GUICtrlSetState($TabSheet1 + $CurPos, $GUI_SHOW) Return EndFunc Exit  
      can you help me?
    • ShakeelAhmad
      By ShakeelAhmad
      I've to upload different number of photos online in different assignments. There is a problem that all photos cannot be selected at once to upload. I have to choose and upload photos one by one. For this purpose I have made a script to automate whatever I have to do manually for choosing and uploading photos one by one.
      Please see my script below and check the last "MouseClick" command. This command clicks the button to choose and upload next photo. The problem I'm facing is; the last "MouseClick" works 1 step extra when all photos have been selected and uploaded. I mean if 7 photos are to be uploaded, this command opens the box from where next photo is selected and uploaded then it again opens the box and next photo is choosen and so on.... when last photo is selected and uploaded, this button once again opens the box. When all photos are uploaded, it should not click the button to select next photo. Please suggest how can I resolve this issue.
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> Sleep(200) HotKeySet("{ESC}","Quit") ;Press ESC key to quit Send("{ALT DOWN}") Send("{TAB}") Send("{ALT UP}") Sleep(200) Local $photos = InputBox("Question", "How many photos to upload?", "#", "", _ - 1, -1, 0, 0) ; How many photos to upload Local $selector = 0 While $photos <> $selector MouseClick("Left", 281, 238, 1) ; mouse click on very first photo in the box. if $selector = 0 Then Send("{ENTER}") ; for selecting very first photo from "open" window. Sleep(800) Else sleep(200) Send("{RIGHT " & $selector & "}") ; for selecting 2nd to onward photos from "open" window. sleep(1000) Send("{ENTER}") sleep(1000) EndIf MouseClick("Left", 495, 198, 1) ; for clicking a button to choose next photo to upload $selector = $selector + 1 WEnd Beep(1500, 300) ; beep when all photos uploaded Exit Regards,

Shakeel
    • Pricehacker
      By Pricehacker
      Hello again!
      I have tried searching for quite some time now but couldn´t find a single working way to change the class of your GUI that doesn´t include changing it manually after its compilation.
      First or "AutoIt v3 GUI" is a pretty boring name tbh and i would like to spice it up a bit, also, and more importantly, I would like to identify my windows by something other than its title as it will change depending on some factors and im using two different programs independently as multi threading isn't supported.
      Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
    • xtcislove
      By xtcislove
      Hello, 
      i have a Problem with  _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes, everything is working as excepted if u are on Windows 7.

But if u are on Windows 10 the transparent background of a control is not clickable anymore. 

Could someone help?

Please see example below, put cmd.jpg into the same folder as Example.au3

Please see trigger.jpg to see which sections are not clickable in Windows 10 (the red dots, the green dots are clickable) on Windows 7 the red ones and green ones are clickable.

The same problem occurs if i use 

Example.au3

• WilliamasKumeliukas
      By WilliamasKumeliukas
      Hello everyones reading this post,
      I'm struggling at resizing properly my radio buttons to fit long text inside without affecting others radio buttons and also adjust position of them relative to the string.
      I tried with _StringSize UDF but I guess im too tired to figure out how to use it correctly..
      I also tried: _Control_SetWidth2Text I found on this forum, it work aslong im not maximizing GUI (radio text is gone when I maximize and maximize is a must)

here is the code example, I hope someone can figure out (sorry if guictrlsetpos is not included in the example, I know thats probably the way to go but I wanted to make sure there is nothing better before use it)
      Thank you

Br,
      ~WilliamasKumeliukas

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <StringConstants.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIListBox.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <ProgressConstants.au3> #include <ColorConstants.au3> #include <AutoitConstants.au3> #include <Misc.au3> #include <WinAPIReg.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #Region Opt's Opt("GUIResizeMode", 802) #EndRegion Opt's Global $q = "INTRO LINE" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "description of everything until user press start." Global $file = @TempDir & "\test.p" destroy() Global $msg, $score = 0, $rate, $com, $total = 0, $cfile, $cq, $i = 0, $time = 0, $min = 0, $sec = 0, $hour = 0, $qf, $ii = 0 Main() Func Main() Global $iGUIInitSize = 550 #Region GUI Opt("GUICloseOnEsc", 1) Global $gui = GUICreate("example", 1124, 550,-1 ,-1, BitOR($WS_MAXIMIZEBOX , $WS_MINIMIZEBOX)) Global $gui_size = WinGetClientSize($gui) Global $iFontSize = Int(2 * (.25 + (8 * $gui_size[0] / $iGUIInitSize))) / 2 Global $options = GUICtrlCreateMenu("&Options") Global $guide = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Guide", $options) Global $restart = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Restart", $options) Global $about = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("About", $options) Global $exit = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Exit", $options) Global $extra = GUICtrlCreateMenu("Extras") Global $creator = GUICtrlCreateMenu("CQB", $extra ) Global $new = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("custom QP", $creator) Global $load = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("CQ", $creator ) Global $timer = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 752, 472, 294, 30, $WS_BORDER) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, $iFontSize) GUICtrlSetState($timer, $GUI_HIDE) Global $info = GUICtrlCreateLabel( $q, 200, 20, 700, 200, $SS_CENTER ) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) $fi = GUICtrlSetFont($info, $iFontSize) Global $a = GUICtrlCreateRadio("A)", 100, 210, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) $fa = GUICtrlSetFont($a, 15) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetState($a, 16) Global $b = GUICtrlCreateRadio("B)", 100, 310 , $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) $fb = GUICtrlSetFont($b, 15) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetState($b, 16) Global $c = GUICtrlCreateRadio("C)", 750, 210 , $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) $fc = GUICtrlSetFont($c, 15) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetState($c, 16) Global $d = GUICtrlCreateRadio( "D) ", 750, 310, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) $fd = GUICtrlSetFont($d, 15) GUICtrlSetResizing (-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetState($d, 16) Global $sign = GUICtrlCreateLabel( $file, 420, 480, -1, -1, BitOR ( $SS_CENTER, $WS_BORDER ) ) GUICtrlSetResizing ( -1, BitOR ( $GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER ) ) GUICtrlSetFont($sign, 12) Global $yb = GUICtrlCreateRadio("True", 200, 420, 200, 50, $BS_PUSHLIKE) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER,$GUI_DOCKSIZE)) GUICtrlSetFont($yb, 15) GUICtrlSetState($yb, 32) Global $nb = GUICtrlCreateRadio("False", 700, 420, 200, 50, $BS_PUSHLIKE) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER, $GUI_DOCKSIZE)) GUICtrlSetFont($nb, 15) GUICtrlSetState($nb, 32) Global $start = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start", 20, 20, 100, 50, $SS_CENTER, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER)) GUICtrlSetFont($start, 12) Global $valid = GUICtrlCreateButton("Confirm", 20, 20, 100, 50, $SS_CENTER, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER)) GUICtrlSetFont($valid, 12) GUICtrlSetState($valid, 32) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion GUI While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Switch MsgBox(4096 + 4, "Warning", "Are you sure to exit?") Case 6 AdlibUnRegister("timer") If Not $qf = "" Then FileClose($file) EndIf Exit Case 7 ContinueLoop EndSwitch Case $start ;AdlibRegister("timer") ;Global $qf = StringSplit(StringStripWS(FileRead($file), 6), @CRLF, 0) ;qloop($file) GUICtrlSetData($a, "A) This long string is an example as string that I want to fit in 4 radio buttons because sometimes it can be that long.") GUICtrlSetData($b, "B) This long string is an example as string that I want to fit in 4 radio buttons because sometimes it can be that long.") GUICtrlSetData($c, "C) This long string is an example as string that I want to fit in 4 radio buttons because sometimes it can be that long.") GUICtrlSetData($d, "D) This long string is an example as string that I want to fit in 4 radio buttons because sometimes it can be that long.") Case $restart MsgBox(4096, "Warning", 'Normally, your suposed to start something before restarting it.') ContinueLoop Case $new ;GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $gui) ;_CustomNew() ContinueLoop Case $load ;_CustomLoad() Case $about ;_About() EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc ;Main() Func timer() If $time = 0 Then Global $time = TimerInit() Global $diff = TimerDiff($time) Global $sec = Int(Mod($diff / 1000, 60)) Global $min = Int(Mod($diff / 60000, 60)) Global $hour = Int($diff / 3600000) If $sec < 10 Then $sec = "0" & $sec If $min < 10 Then $min = "0" & $min If $hour < 10 Then $hour = "0" & $hour GUICtrlSetData($timer, "Temps: " & $hour & ":" & $min & ":" & $sec) EndFunc ;==>timer Func destroy() If FileExists($file) Then FileDelete($file) EndIf DirCreate(@TempDir & "\About") FileInstall("C:\test.txt", $file) EndFunc ;==>destroy