[MINOR AutoIT BUG?] ProgressON function doesn't support x,y parameters

Hi,

I was trying to use the ProgressOn function in a script.

according to the help, syntax is as follows:

ProgressOn ( "title", "maintext" [, "subtext" [, x pos [, y pos [, opt]]]] )

However when I supply an X pos and Y pos, the progress window appears centered anyway.

example:

progresson("test","test","test",200,20)

sleep(5000)

OS is Windows 10

I don't get the same results, mine is positioned at 200, 20 when I run that snippet. Windows 10 x64 Enterprise.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

@boomingranny the following works just fine for me on Windows 10:

ProgressOn("Progress Meter", "Increments every second", "0%", 500, 200)
    For $i = 10 To 100 Step 10
        Sleep(1000)
        ProgressSet($i, $i & "%")
    Next

ProgressSet(100, "Done", "Complete")

Sleep(5000)

ProgressOff()

What version of AutoIt are you running?

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Thanks for the reply guys,

I was using Autoit 3.3.8
I just upgraded to latest (3.3.14.2) but I am experiencing the same issue.

Running Windows 10 Pro 64bit,

Also running 2 monitors, at 1920x1080

Here is a screenshot, as you can see it is popping up in the centre instead of where i expected (200x,20y)

For now I am simply working around the issue by manually moving the progress window by title after creating it, but I wanted to understand the behavior in case there is an underlying bug that can effect anything else...

20-07-2016 11-15-15 PM.jpg

Edited by boomingranny
added content

• Moderators

Out of curiosity, why are you doing a simple sleep rather than incrementing your progress as shown in the Example script? The progress will never update the way you have it written.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

2 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Out of curiosity, why are you doing a simple sleep rather than incrementing your progress as shown in the Example script? The progress will never update the way you have it written.

This is just an example script I created to show the issue I am experiencing (progress window always appearing in the centre of my main monitor instead of at the x,y coordinates specified)
My actual script is alot different and contains alot of irelevant code ;)
Cheers

Edited by boomingranny

• Moderators

My point was, do you see a difference in behavior if you code it the way it is in the example script I have in post #3? Does the window then move for you?