hi

I'm trying to execute files 

I want it to run in order.

for instance, if there's folder like below, I want to run 1.exe > 2.exe > 3.exe

root folder

|___folder 1 > 1.exe

|___folder2 > 2.exe

|___folder3 > 3.exe

What I did to do the above, was to make a text file that contains the path to each of those files and put those in array form.

but copying and pasting every path of those files into a text file is very exhausting thing to do when there's like hundreds of files to execute.

So I was wondering if there is a simple way to run those files.

I'd be thankful if anybody answers it. :)

Edited by cherrylatte

AutoBert

Use _FileListToArray and loop through the resultarray.

• Like 1

cherrylatte
16 minutes ago, AutoBert said:

Use _FileListToArray and loop through the resultarray.

wow I never thought of that. Thank you!!

hajo4
17 hours ago, cherrylatte said:

I'm trying to execute files 

|___folder 1 > 1.exe

make a text file that contains the path to each of those files

So I was wondering if there is a simple way to run those files.

To get the filenames with path into a file simply do "dir" from the commandline, as in

dir *.exe /s /b > list.txt

And maybe rename that file to list.bat,

if all you really need is running all programs in that list.

But I would advise to include some checks after each run.

Edited by hajo4

-HaJo

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• VADemon
      By VADemon
      I've encountered a problem with a single file where I cannot retrieve it's Date-time. So far my code has worked well for over 30 files, but this one is a mystery I cannot debug myself due to insufficient Au3 knowledge.
      In line 11 "_Date_Time_FileTimeToArray" is called and for this particular file it sets the @error to 10. I don't know what that error code means, but it's not set by the _Date functions themselves I think.
      Overall, it could be a problem caused by any of the functions below, how can I properly debug this? / Does anybody know a what's causing this?
      _WinAPI_CreateFile() / _Date_Time_GetFileTime() / _Date_Time_FileTimeToArray()
      Func _SetFileTimes($sFilePath) Local $monthNumber[13] = ["", "January", "February", "March", "April", "May", "Juny", "July", "August", "September", "October", "November", "December"] Local $dayNumber[7] = ["Sunday", "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday"] Local $fHandle = _WinAPI_CreateFile($sFilePath, 2, 2) ; read-only ; may NOT return a valid date for some reason! TODO Local $fTagFILETIME = _Date_Time_GetFileTime($fHandle) _WinAPI_CloseHandle($fHandle) ; This will return an empty array if theres no valid date $fModTime = _Date_Time_FileTimeToArray($fTagFILETIME[2]) ; last Modified if @error <> 10 then Local $year = $fModTime[2] Local $month = $fModTime[0] Local $day = $fModTime[1] Local $hour = $fModTime[3] Local $min = $fModTime[4] Local $sec = $fModTime[5] Local $ms = $fModTime[6] Local $weekday = $fModTime[7] Global $prettyTimestamp = StringFormat("%s, %s %d, %04d %02d:%02d:%02d", $dayNumber[$weekday], $monthNumber[$month], $day, $year, $hour, $min, $sec) Global $uploadDate = StringFormat("%04d-%02d-%02d", $year, $month, $day) $fModTime = _Date_Time_FileTimeToArray(_Date_Time_FileTimeToLocalFileTime($fTagFILETIME[2])) ; last Modified Local $year = $fModTime[2] Local $month = $fModTime[0] Local $day = $fModTime[1] Local $hour = $fModTime[3] Local $min = $fModTime[4] Local $sec = $fModTime[5] Local $ms = $fModTime[6] Local $weekday = $fModTime[7] ; GetUnixTime accounts for Local time, hence feed it local time Global $unixTimestamp = _GetUnixTime($year &"/"& $month &"/"& $day &" "& $hour&":"& $min &":"& $sec) else Global $prettyTimestamp = "N/A" Global $uploadDate = "" Global $unixTimestamp = "N/A" endif endfunc  
      _GetUnixTime returned the year 1601 start date, showing that $fModTime is probably equal 0. (But Why?)
      The file reports these dates in Explorer, it's on local NTFS drive:
      Created: ‎‎Wednesday, ‎31. ‎Januar ‎2018, ‏‎18:55:02
      Modified: ‎Wednesday, ‎10. ‎Januar ‎2018, ‏‎12:39:23
      Accessed: ‎Wednesday, ‎10. ‎Januar ‎2018, ‏‎12:39:23
    • AnonymousX
      By AnonymousX
      So I just got a new computer, and instantly went and installed Autoit onto it. I selected run script as default action when clicking on an au3 file, however every time I do this it opens the script in the editor. I can from there run the script no problem.
      I've tried reinstalling and checking the settings by hitting "Ctrl+1" and have confirmed it is set to run, but yet it just continues to open in the editor.
      Any ideas why this is happening or how to solve?
      New system is windows 10, old was windows 7
    • HariKara
      By HariKara
      Hi AutoIters!

Im trying to launch a .exe file that is nested within the program files (x86) folder structure. i have already used the standard RunAs Syntax and found that it fails to launch the application. I have switched to Run and that seems to work. My issue is I have to use RunAs as the applicaton would need to run under a completely different account. The Current logged in user is a Local User on the machine, however, the application must be run as a domain user. The Machine is domain connected.

have tried the following:
      RunAs("username","logonpassword", $RUN_LOGON_PROFILE, "D:\Program Files (x86)\Vendor\Application Name\Exe Location\Executable.exe") The above fails to launch, there are no errors or syntax issues, it just does nothing when the variables are replaced for the correct values.
      I did the same using the Run command
      Run("D:\Program Files (x86)\Vendor\Application Name\Exe Location\Executable.exe") That seems to work fine, but runs in local user context. Any thoughts? Could it be a local Machine rights issue? Or have i missed something glaring in my script
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello
      i have searched a lot about how to run external programs with the administrator privileges without the script running with administrator privileges using autoit
      But all my attempts failed
      Finally, today I found the VBS function doing this task
      I immediately transferred it to our beloved language (autoit) and i decided to share it with you
      i hope you like it
      This is a simple example about how to use the function

runAsAdmin("cmd.exe", "/c @echo off & cls & echo test & pause", "c:\", @sw_show)
      this is the function

func runAsAdmin($program, $parameters = "", $workingDir = @workingDir, $show = "") local $oShell = OBJCreate("Shell.Application") if isOBJ($oShell) then local $result = $oShell.ShellExecute($program, $parameters, $workingDir, "runas", $show) else $result = false endIf return $result endFunc

• PoojaKrishna
      By PoojaKrishna
      Hi friends,
      The Run command on my machine suddenly stopped execution.
      Anyone of you facing the same issue?
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3.> #RequireAdmin $ExeName = FileOpenDialog("Select AutoIt executable", @ScriptDir & "\", "(*.exe)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST) If not @error Then If FileExists($ExeName) Then $iPID = Run($ExeName, "", @SW_HIDE, $STDIN_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) If @error Then msgbox(0,"Failed", "Failed execution with @error: " & @error) EndIf Else Msgbox(0,"", "File does not exist") EndIf EndIf The above code always fails to execute the executable file. It was working perfect and stopped working now.
      I have tried adding the files and folders to windows defender exclusion list and uninstalling the anti virus but still no luck.
      Please help.