hi

I'm trying to execute files 

I want it to run in order.

for instance, if there's folder like below, I want to run 1.exe > 2.exe > 3.exe

root folder

|___folder 1 > 1.exe

|___folder2 > 2.exe

|___folder3 > 3.exe

What I did to do the above, was to make a text file that contains the path to each of those files and put those in array form.

but copying and pasting every path of those files into a text file is very exhausting thing to do when there's like hundreds of files to execute.

So I was wondering if there is a simple way to run those files.

I'd be thankful if anybody answers it. :)

Edited by cherrylatte

AutoBert

Use _FileListToArray and loop through the resultarray.

• Like 1

cherrylatte
16 minutes ago, AutoBert said:

Use _FileListToArray and loop through the resultarray.

wow I never thought of that. Thank you!!

hajo4
17 hours ago, cherrylatte said:

I'm trying to execute files 

|___folder 1 > 1.exe

make a text file that contains the path to each of those files

So I was wondering if there is a simple way to run those files.

To get the filenames with path into a file simply do "dir" from the commandline, as in

dir *.exe /s /b > list.txt

And maybe rename that file to list.bat,

if all you really need is running all programs in that list.

But I would advise to include some checks after each run.

Edited by hajo4

-HaJo

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• rudi
      By rudi
      Hello,
      for a script to display PDF files I'd like to simply use the default program for PDF files, so I used "ShellExecute(<pdf-file-full-path>)" to open these files.

The result for *SOME* of the workstations is, that the Adobe Reader starts up with asking for its language. (English/German). When starting AcroRd32.exe through "ShellExecute()", this "choose your language" dialog is showing up *ALWAYS*.

Just to have mentioned it: Process Explorer is presenting this command line, it looks the same for both, PCs with and without that question "Choose Language? [English|German]"
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" --channel=4680.0.860715181 --type=renderer "\\pc0009\Y_DRV_H\Daten\TIF\08\32\G000110832_Freigegeben.idw.pdf"  
      The next approach I thought of was to use Foxit Portable (instead of Acrord32.exe), started from a Network Drive, but it's starting up ugly slowly...
      So I tried to "Run()" instead to "ShellExecute()" the Adobe Reader. Now the result looks more stange, the "select your language" dialog shows up every now and then, but not always for the Win7 installations affected.

If I place a "msgbox()" just in front of the "run()" command, it seems never to show this "select your language" dialog.
      If I take out this MsgBox() the "select your language" dialog shows up sometimes.
      When I "ClipPut()" the run command prior the "Run()" and paste that one to a CMD box, then it seems to *NEVER* happen, that this "select your language" dialog shows up.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" "\\pc0009\Y_DRV_H\Daten\TIF\08\32\G000110832_Freigegeben.idw.pdf" $AcroRead='"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe"' $PDF='"Y:\Temp\DRV_H\Daten\TIF\33\85\153385_Freigegeben.dwg.pdf"' MsgBox(0,"Values",$AcroRead & @CRLF & $PDF,1) $MyCommand=$AcroRead & " " & $PDF ClipPut($MyCommand) Run($MyCommand)  
      It looks like, that this "--channel=... --type=renderer" parameters are always fact for the AcroRd32.exe instance, that is opening the PDF to be displayed. The Instance opening the "PDF Display GUI" seems to always be a child process of another AcroRd32.exe process.

Any clue, what's going on "backstage" here? How to avoid this "Choose your language" dialog? Or maybe someone can mention a different "portable" PDF viewer, I could use for this purpose?  
      Any suggestions appreciated, regards, Rudi.
    • Trisha
      By Trisha
      Hello,
      I Have clicked on save as option to save a file, while doing that I need to rename a file appending with sysdate. I have searched in google find the below one line of code:
      FileMove("C:\somefile.txt", "C:\somefile1.txt"), When I am trying to append with sysdate. It is not happening. Please help me out  with the small issue.
    • lewisg
      By lewisg
      Suddenly a RunWait command has stop working after 2 years of no errors, issues, or problems. The code uses RunWait to start Plink.exe, a command-line remote connection tool similar to UNIX ssh. I'm using it to ssh to a linux (Centos) machine, run a Perl script, and redirect the output to a file on a PC running the AutoIt script.  

$FilePath = "C:\AutoIT\LED" $FilePathPlus = $FilePath & "\plink.exe" $Code1 = RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $FilePathPlus & " -ssh -l root -pw ?????? 10.170.4.163 /usr/local/nagios/etc/led.pl > C:\AutoIT\LED\led.txt ", @SW_SHOW) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : @ComSpec & " /c " & $FilePathPlus & " -ssh -l root -pw ????? 10.170.4.163 /usr/local/nagios/etc/led.pl > C:\AutoIT\LED\led.txt " = ' & @ComSpec & " /c " & $FilePathPlus & " -ssh -l root -pw ?????? 10.170.4.163 /usr/local/nagios/etc/led.pl > C:\AutoIT\LED\led.txt " & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console The ConsoleWrite output when cut-n-pasted into a DOS box produces the expected file so I know it works. I've also tried many variations of the function moving, adding, and changing the " and ' (quote) marks. Also tried it without the @ComSpec macro and other related functions...e.g.  ShellExecuteWait , etc.
      The PC is a Windows 10 64bit and AutoIT is version 3.3.14.2.
      Searching here and Google has not yielded any clues that helped. 
    • rkr
      By rkr
      Hi, I have a software which has a 'run file'-ie; when i double click on that file, the input file of the software is run by the software. I wish to double click/execute this run file using autoit. how do i achieve this. i opened the software and it shows the input file and run file in same folder, i will put my autoitscript file too in same location. how do i simulate double clicking the run file (using its file name, say - abc.run ). I entered the following lines to make software window active - it became active, dont know how to go forward
      Winactivate("program title")
      winwaitactivate("program title")
      controlclick("program title","abc.run",1000,"primary",2) ; 1000 is ctrl id