hi

I'm trying to execute files 

I want it to run in order.

for instance, if there's folder like below, I want to run 1.exe > 2.exe > 3.exe

root folder

|___folder 1 > 1.exe

|___folder2 > 2.exe

|___folder3 > 3.exe

What I did to do the above, was to make a text file that contains the path to each of those files and put those in array form.

but copying and pasting every path of those files into a text file is very exhausting thing to do when there's like hundreds of files to execute.

So I was wondering if there is a simple way to run those files.

I'd be thankful if anybody answers it. :)

Edited by cherrylatte

Use _FileListToArray and loop through the resultarray.

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, AutoBert said:

Use _FileListToArray and loop through the resultarray.

wow I never thought of that. Thank you!!

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, cherrylatte said:

I'm trying to execute files 

|___folder 1 > 1.exe

make a text file that contains the path to each of those files

So I was wondering if there is a simple way to run those files.

To get the filenames with path into a file simply do "dir" from the commandline, as in

dir *.exe /s /b > list.txt

And maybe rename that file to list.bat,

if all you really need is running all programs in that list.

But I would advise to include some checks after each run.

Edited by hajo4

-HaJo

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• rootx
      By rootx
      I need help to understand why the run function does not work, but if i use it directly inside cmd shell the command works. $where is the name of the jpg file
      ShellExecute(@ComSpec ," /k C:\Users\root\Desktop\test\exiftool.exe -p $FileName "&'"'&$where&'"'&" > "&'"'&@ScriptDir&"\out.txt"&'"',@ScriptDir);<----- work Run("C:\Users\root\Desktop\test\exiftool.exe -p $FileName "&$where&" > "&@ScriptDir&"\out.txt",@ScriptDir);<--- doesn't work I would use the run command!
      Thx
    • usmiv4o
      By usmiv4o
      #cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- AutoIt Version: 3.2.4.3 Author: usmiv4o Script Function: AutoIt script to check if files in directory are changed. It is usefull for security contra-inteligense measures. Function Name: LoadTripwireDB() Description: Loads database (text file tripwire.txt) and compare files in /test folder for changes. compares Hash (MD5) checksums. If they are not the same starts Initial() Function Name: Initial() Description: Checks directory and makes index of files and their MD5 checksums in text file (tripwire.txt) Function Name: Hush() Description: Checks file and returns its MD5 checksum. Requirement(s): Windows XP Return Value(s): On Success - Returns true. Files are the same as before. On Failure - return false. Example: LoadTripwireDB() #ce ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- #include <Crypt.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <Array.au3> $sDir = @ScriptDir & "\Test" $sFilePath = @ScriptDir & "\tripwire.txt" Func Hush(ByRef $sFile) $sRead = FileOpen( $sFile) $dHash = _Crypt_HashData($sRead, $CALG_MD5) ; Create a hash of the text entered. ConsoleWrite("Hash of file " & $sFile & " is " & $dHash & @CRLF) EndFunc ;ConsoleWrite("Files in Dir are " & $aScriptDir[0] & @CRLF) ;$sFilePath = @ScriptDir & "\Examples.txt" ;_FileWriteFromArray($sFilePath, $aScriptDir, 1) ;_ArrayDisplay($aScriptDir, "1D display") Func Initial() $aScriptDir = _FileListToArray($sDir) for $i = 1 To UBound($aScriptDir) - 1 $dHash = _Crypt_HashData($i, $CALG_MD5) ;ConsoleWrite("File " & $aScriptDir[$i] & " is " & $dHash & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($aScriptDir[$i] & ":" & $dHash & @CRLF) ;Hush($aScriptDir[$i]) ;FileWrite $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePath, $FO_APPEND) If $hFileOpen = -1 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "An error occurred when reading the file.") EndIf FileWrite($hFileOpen, $aScriptDir[$i] & ":" & $dHash & @CRLF) Next EndFunc Func Monitor() $aScriptDir = _FileListToArray($sDir) for $i = 1 To UBound($aScriptDir) - 1 Next EndFunc Func LoadTripwireDB() $comparison_ok = false $dArray = _FileListToArray($sDir) ;directory $dArray0 = UBound($dArray) - 1 $fArray = FileReadToArray($sFilePath) ;file $fArray0 = UBound($fArray) ;_ArrayDisplay($dArray, "files array") if $dArray0 = $fArray0 Then ; are file same as recorded in txt file? ;ConsoleWrite("files in monitoring dir: " & $dArray[0] & " = file recorded: " & $fArray0 & @CRLF & $fArray[0]& @CRLF) for $i = 1 To UBound($dArray) - 1 ;ConsoleWrite("i = " & $i & @CRLF) $dHash = _Crypt_HashData($i, $CALG_MD5) ;binary ;$dHash = BinaryToString($dHash) $ffhash = StringSplit( $fArray[$i-1],":") $fhash = $ffhash[2] ;ConsoleWrite("IsBinary $dHash " & IsBinary($dHash) & @CRLF) if $dHash = $fhash Then ;if compared hashes are equal ;ConsoleWrite($fhash & ":" & $dHash & " equal" & @CRLF) ;ConsoleWrite("File: " & $fhash & @CRLF & "Directory: " & $dHash & @CRLF & "equal: yes " & @CRLF) Else ;if compared hashes are not equal ;ConsoleWrite("File: " & $fhash & @CRLF & "Directory: " & $dHash & @CRLF & "equal: not " & @CRLF) ;MsgBox(0,"hash md5",$fhash & ":" & $dHash & " not equal") EndIf Next ;ConsoleWrite("hashes are equal" & @CRLF) $comparison_ok = true Else ConsoleWrite("number of files in monitoring dir are not same as recorded" & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("directory: " & $dArray[0] &":"& "files: " & UBound($fArray) - 1 & @CRLF) EndIf Return $comparison_ok EndFunc #main if LoadTripwireDB() = true Then ConsoleWrite(" hashes are equal " & @CRLF) ElseIf LoadTripwireDB() <> true Then ConsoleWrite(" hashes are not equal " & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(" hashes are not equal " & @CRLF) Initial() EndIf  
      tripwire.au3
      tripwire.txt
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello
      How are you
      I have a question, please.
      I've created a window and i need
      when i run the script if it detect an other copy from the same script was runing
       the script close the first copy Automatically and run a new copy
      I want an example to understand it
    • kawliga751
      By kawliga751
      I am attempting to run an Autoit.exe with schtasks every weekday @ 9:05 am.
      I have the below
      C:\>SchTasks /Create /TN "P10Run" /TR "O:\AUTOIT\P40 Run.au3" /SC WEEKLY /D MON, TUE,WED,THU,FRI /ST 09:05:00 SUCCESS: The scheduled task "P10Run" has successfully been created. I also did a "test" run :
      C:\>Schtasks /Run /TN "P10Run SUCCESS: Attempted to run the scheduled task "P10Run". But when I run my query to verify success my "Last Result" seems to indicate that the script did not run:
      C:\>SCHTASKS /QUERY /FO LIST /V /TN "P10RUN" Folder: \ HostName: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx TaskName: \P10RUN Next Run Time: N/A Status: Could not start Logon Mode: Interactive only Last Run Time: 6/14/2017 9:08:56 AM Last Result: -2147024894 Author: xxxxxxx Task To Run: O:\AUTOIT\P40 Run.au3 Start In: N/A Comment: N/A Scheduled Task State: Enabled Idle Time: Disabled Power Management: Stop On Battery Mode, No Start On Batterie s Run As User: xxxxxxxxx\xxxxxxxx Delete Task If Not Rescheduled: Enabled Stop Task If Runs X Hours and X Mins: 72:00:00 Schedule: Scheduling data is not available in this f ormat. Schedule Type: Weekly Start Time: 9:05:00 AM Start Date: 6/14/2017 End Date: N/A Days: MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI Months: Every 1 week(s) Repeat: Every: Disabled Repeat: Until: Time: Disabled Repeat: Until: Duration: Disabled Repeat: Stop If Still Running: Disabled C:\> Is there something missing in my command? Also is there a better way to make sure that the script does in fact sun successfully?
      Thanks In Advance! 
    • 5ervant
      By 5ervant
      What's the best way to receive file from a desktop app?
      app.exe will execute a cmd with "au3file.exe /path/of/the/file.xml" and the au3file.exe will get and delete that. Or else? THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE QUESTION
      And best way to transfer file to a desktop app?
      au3file.exe do a $_POST request and the app.exe MUST HAVE a local HTTP server that can receive $_POST, but it looks heavy 'cause the app must have a server such XAMPP. au3file.exe execute a cmd with "app.exe /path/of/the/file.xml" and the app.exe will now get that file and delete. Or else?