[SOLVED] Two keyboards, Hotkeyset to only one, macro keyboard.

algiuxas

Hello everybody,

So I have two keyboards, I want to use another keyboard for macros/execute something/etc.. I want that my script would get input of keyboard, get pressed key, shift, alt, ctrl, etc..

I couldn't find any way to do it, could somebody help me? :)

(Maybe to use AutoHotKey (AHK) and send pressed key to AutoIt script?)

Edited by algiuxas

After switching years ago to Linux, sadly I don't use AutoIt anymore.

So, let me get this straight, you have 2 keyboards on the same computer at the same time?

You want one keyboard to be used for sending information to the script, but not both?

As far as I know, this can't be done using any program but I could be wrong.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

I'm trying to wrap my head around why you would want to do this. I have seen PCs with dual mouse/keyboards but only in very specific situations, and it never went flawlessly.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

28 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around why you would want to do this. I have seen PCs with dual mouse/keyboards but only in very specific situations, and it never went flawlessly.

For fun :)

42 minutes ago, BrewManNH said:

So, let me get this straight, you have 2 keyboards on the same computer at the same time?

You want one keyboard to be used for sending information to the script, but not both?

As far as I know, this can't be done using any program but I could be wrong.

Yes, I have 2 keyboards, and I want one keyboard for normal use, to write text, and etc., and another to run macros, like pressing S button would write to an file something, or like saving/reading something and save text to clipboard with ClipGet, ClipPut.
It can be done with many programs, but I need more customization, I wanted to try something new with AutoIt :)

It's possible with AutoHotKey(witch has used AutoIt2 source code I think)
Example:

I've never figured out multiple keyboards.

My approach is to use joysticks to extend my keyboard.  I bind events to actions.  Actions can be a list of commands.

Edited by Xandy

8 minutes ago, Xandy said:

I've never figured out multiple keyboards.

My approach is to use joysticks to extend my keyboard.  I bind events to actions.  Actions can be a list of commands.

I would recommend using Xpadder, I think it would be perfect solution for this...

Edited by algiuxas