JohnNash

Code executes separate loops at the same time

4 posts in this topic

I've seen some weird behavior in my code (I log almost everything).

While 1
      $WaitingTime = TimerDiff($wtTimer)
      sleep(300)
      $Data = TCPRecv($MainSocket, $MaxLength)
      _FileWriteLog($LogFolder&"info.log", "Wait for answer that Server is ready for step 21")

If $Data = "ByeBye" Then
                                       _FileWriteLog($LogFolder&"info.log", "Server tells me to shutdown")
                                       Terminate()

ElseIf $Data = "Step 20 Finished on Server" Then
                                        _FileWriteLog($LogFolder&"info.log", "Server answers it is ready for step 21")
                                        ExitLoop

ElseIf $WaitingTime>4000 Then
                                         _FileWriteLog($LogFolder&"info.log", "No Answer, we still continue" &$Data)
                                         ExitLoop
            EndIf

WEnd
   _FileWriteLog($LogFolder&"info.log", "Left the WhileLoop")

And my logs show this:

2016-10-24 00:52:39 : Wait for answer that Server is ready for step 21

2016-10-24 00:52:39 : (Logline from completely different loop)

2016-10-24 00:52:40 : Wait for answer that Server is ready for step 21
2016-10-24 00:52:40 : Server answers it is ready for step 21

How can this happen? (If there was a "Left the Whileloop" log in between I could imagine it could happen... but now?

I thought AutoIT was singlethreaded...

JohnNash,

AutoIt is single-threaded.

Do you have some form of _Timer_* or Adlib function running elsewhere in the script? That would allow the loop to be interrupted while still running.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

21 hours ago, JohnNash said:

I log almost everything

:)

On 10/25/2016 at 9:51 AM, Melba23 said:

JohnNash,

AutoIt is single-threaded.

Do you have some form of _Timer_* or Adlib function running elsewhere in the script? That would allow the loop to be interrupted while still running.

M23

Yes it seems indeed it has something to do with self-made sleep cycles (while ... wend). Also I ran multiple instances of the client by accident.