Altor

GUI problem with While loop and buttons

3 posts in this topic

Hi all

My problem is that I have no way to work with buttons in a while loop

When i run the form i can exit well clicking a close main window and olso if i click in a exit button but if i start the apllication whith a Start button  execute a loop for view a random numbers and then i can't stop the rogram and i can't not exit with a Exit button.

I think the problem is in the use of events but i can not find the solution....

Thank's to all

The exemple is this:

#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#Include <GuiButton.au3>

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

$random_numbers = GUICreate("Random numbers",351,171,-1,-1,-1,-1)

GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "close")

$lavel_number = GUICtrlCreateLabel("",117,36,98,26,BitOr($SS_CENTER,$SS_CENTERIMAGE),$WS_EX_STATICEDGE)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1,"0xFFFFFF")

$start = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start",34,95,100,30,-1,-1)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1,"start")

$stop = GUICtrlCreateButton("Pause",182,95,100,30,-1,-1)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1,"pause")

$exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit",112,136,100,30,-1,-1)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1,"close")

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    Sleep (50)
Wend

Func start()
    While 1
            Sleep(100)
            Local $a = Random(1,10,1)
            GUICtrlSetData($lavel_number,$a)

WEnd
EndFunc

Func pause()

EndFunc

func close()
    exit
EndFunc

Something like this ? :

#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GuiButton.au3>

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
$random_numbers = GUICreate("Random numbers", 351, 171, -1, -1, -1, -1)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "close")
$lavel_number = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 117, 36, 98, 26, BitOR($SS_CENTER, $SS_CENTERIMAGE), $WS_EX_STATICEDGE)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, "0xFFFFFF")
$start = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start", 34, 95, 100, 30, -1, -1)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "start")
$stop = GUICtrlCreateButton("Pause", 182, 95, 100, 30, -1, -1)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "pause")
$exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 112, 136, 100, 30, -1, -1)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "close")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
Global $OptChoosen = 0

While 1
    Sleep(50)
    While $OptChoosen = 1
        Sleep(100)
        Local $a = Random(1, 10, 1)
        GUICtrlSetData($lavel_number, $a)
    WEnd
WEnd

Func start()
    $OptChoosen = 1
EndFunc   ;==>start

Func pause()
    $OptChoosen = 0
EndFunc   ;==>pause

Func close()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>c

Jos

1 person likes this

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thaks Jos, prolem solved...:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• CT83
      How do I keep updating Runtime in my GUI?
      By CT83
      I have a text field in my scripts gui which displays the current runtime. I usually update it using  a function, in the script, but i was wondering if there is any other way to keep the Runtime running without having to call the runtime function again and again and while my script is carrying out something else and running other functions. I mean autoit does'nt support multithreading does it?
    • cookiemonster
      Loading window not closing and not staying on top of main window
      By cookiemonster
      Hi,
      I have a main window with one button, when i press that button it brings up a loading screen, but I have two problems with the loading screen at the moment:
      1) Once I have pressed the button, if i open something else full screen over this autoit project (eg: chrome), then on my task bar click on the autoit project to bring it up to the front, the loading screen does not stay on top of the main window, I tried using $WS_EX_TOPMOST but this makes the loading screen stay on top of all windows, I only want it to stay on top of $Main (my main window GUI)
      2) Once the loading screen has been updated to 100%, it should sleep for a further two seconds then close, but at the moment after that 2 seconds, it goes back down to 25% instead of $LoadingWindow being deleted.
      Has anyone got any thoughts or suggestions?
      #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <ProgressConstants.au3> #include <FontConstants.au3> $Main = GUICreate("Main Window", 600, 480, -1, -1, -1, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES) Global $button_Load = GUICtrlCreateButton("Loading Screen", 484, 98, 89, 20, $WS_GROUP) GUICtrlCreateTab(8, 16, 585, 424) GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Settings") GUICtrlCreateGroup("Settings", 16, 50, 569, 380) GUISetState(@SW_SHOWNORMAL) Func Load() WinSetState($Main, "", @SW_DISABLE) LoadingScreen("Loading @ 25%") GUICtrlSetData($LoadingPercent, 25) sleep(2000) LoadingScreen("Loading @ 100%") GUICtrlSetData($LoadingPercent, 100) sleep(2000) GUIDelete($LoadingWindow) WinSetState($Main, "", @SW_ENABLE) EndFunc Func LoadingScreen($LoadingText) ;Creates a Splash Text Screen with a progress bar. Global $LoadingWindow = GUICreate("", 500, 184, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_POPUP, $WS_BORDER), BitOR($WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW)) Global $LoadingPercent = GUICtrlCreateProgress(18, 144, 461, 25, $PBS_SMOOTH) GUICtrlCreateLabel($LoadingText, 2, 44, 494, 88, $SS_CENTER) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 15, 800, 0, "Calibra", $CLEARTYPE_QUALITY) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) EndFunc While (1) $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $button_Load Load() EndSwitch WEnd  
    • Katie_Deely
      Copying selected data from GUI Edit
      By Katie_Deely
      Hey

I have a GUI with an edit-field and a button.
      First I write some text into the edit-field and select a part of it. After that I press the button, and the selection is edited.
      How would I do that, though? When the text is selected and I press the button, it's unselected before the button actually raises an event. 
    • Satvik
      Unable to open DLL files
      By Satvik
      Hi 
      I am trying to open a dll using DLLOpen, however everytime i try to do so the function fails and returns -1 result. 
      I have the dll in the same folder as the auto it script. 
      Local $hDLL = DllOpen("C:\Users\310255155\Downloads\COMMGvv2\commg.dll") DllCall($hDLL, "int", "MessageBox", "hwnd", 0, "str", "Some text", "str", "Some title", "int", 0) DllClose($hDLL) MsgBox(0,'result',$hDLL)  
    • S0lidFr0st
      SQL Query Manipulation
      By S0lidFr0st
      Hello! I'm fairly new to using Autoit, I like the language and simplicity, however, there is a bit of a learning curve for me. I'm stuck and need some community help!
      I need to manipulate a query by using GUICtrlCreateDate to select the correct date and pipe the selected date into my actual query in a specific format (yyyymmdd).
      Here is an example:
      _Flag_RecordsetDisplay($sConnectionString, "select * from trips_to_complete_20161122 where trip_type in ('P','C') and trip_status in ('S','PC','DC') and Flagged = 1") Func _Flag_RecordsetDisplay($sConnectionString, $sQUERY) ; Create connection object Local $oConnection = _ADO_Connection_Create() ; Open connection with $sConnectionString _ADO_Connection_OpenConString($oConnection, $sConnectionString) If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, $ADO_RET_FAILURE) ; Executing some query directly to Array of Arrays (instead to $oRecordset) Local $aRecordset = _ADO_Execute($oConnection, $sQUERY, True) ; Clean Up _ADO_Connection_Close($oConnection) $oConnection = Null ; Display Array Content with column names as headers _ADO_Recordset_Display($aRecordset, 'Recordset content') EndFunc ;==>_Flag_RecordsetDisplay The part of the query that needs modified is "trips_to_complete_20161122" I need to be able to select a date (via the gui) and that selection pipe into my query.  

Thanks in Advanced!