4bst1n3nz

ANSI Coding doesn't work

8 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

Hello,

i need to save files with ANSI-Encoding. Since 3.3.14.2 Auto-It it doesn't work in any direction.

I tried the following:

#include <FileConstants.au3>

FileDelete(@ScriptDir&"\Test.txt")
$o = FileOpen(@ScriptDir&"\Test.txt", BitOR($FO_BINARY,$FO_ANSI,$FO_OVERWRITE))
FileWrite($o, "Test")
FileClose($o)

Or

#include <FileConstants.au3>

FileDelete(@ScriptDir&"\Test.txt")
$o = FileOpen(@ScriptDir&"\Test.txt", 514)
FileWrite($o, "Test")
FileClose($o)

Both create UTF-8 encoded files.

What am i doing wrong?

Thank you!

#2 ·  Posted

Remove $FO_BINARY from the first code and both work as expected.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

#3 ·  Posted

I tried this too. Still got UTF-8 without BOM...

#4 ·  Posted

No. Thefile newly created in pure ANSI.

Maybe you open it with a text editor which defaults to UTF8 w/o BOM, but if you really check the file content with any hex editor, you'll see that your belief is wrong.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

#5 ·  Posted

I attached you the au3-File, the generated exe-File and the result test.txt.

My Text-Editor is Notepad++. When i create the test.txt with autoit 3.3.8.1, Notepad++ shows the correct ANSI-Encoding of the textfile.

Archive.zip

#6 ·  Posted

Once again, the test file in your zip is pure ANSI. Can't you just once try to open it with a hex editor?

#7 ·  Posted

Thank you.

It was a problem with notepad++, it didn't recognize the encoding.

#8 ·  Posted

Not exactly: since pure ASCII in the range [00, 7F] can't be discriminated from UTF8 w/o BOM a smart editor will automagically switch to UTF8 w/o BOM and tell you so, so that you can enter whatever Unicode character you want without issue.

Unicode is now 25 years old and should be the norm everywhere anytime.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jibberish
      By Jibberish
      I need to read log files into an array to search for errors. However when I display the array I get garbage or "chinese characters". Our developers say they are using UTF-8, but FileGetEncoding says the logs are "2048" or $FO_UTF16_BE_NOBOM (2048) = Use Unicode UTF16 Big Endian (without BOM) from the Encoding codes in FileOpen().
      There is an app called Detenc that detects the encoding used by files. You have to guess, but it returns correctly when I set the Encoder for UTF-8. I understand Encoding is not etched in stone, but the first character of the file is a capital B, using HxD Hex Editor.
      I even have another  topic here about running PowerShell to reencode the file so AutoIt will store the file properly in the array - See:
      So I am trying to figure out why AutoIt thinks my logs are not UTF-8.
      Here is sample code:
      #include <array.au3> #include <File.au3> Local $aRetArrayFile _FileReadToArray("C:\Logs\Myplayer1.log", $aRetArrayFile) _ArrayDisplay($aRetArrayFile) I won't post the results as it is illegible, but I did attach a screenshot of the _ArrayDisplay results, and this is the first line of the Log file:
      BANNER 10/10/2017 15:56:00 ====================================================================== And the Hex from the beginning of the file:
      42 41 4E 4E 45 52 20 31 30 2F 31 30 2F 32 30 31 37 20 31 34 3A 33 31 3A 33 35 20 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 3D 0D 0A 42 41 4E 4E 45 52 20 So I don't understand why AutoIt thinks the file is UTF16 BE.
      If I can get the Powershell script running, I have a workaround.
      BTW none of my other arrays display as garbage, just the log files.
      Weird.
      Rereading my post, what seems to be missing is the question. I guess my question is, does anyone know why these logs are being displayed incorrectly?
      Cheers
      Jibs

• Jibberish
      By Jibberish
      Hi all,
      I need to read a log file into an array, but the log file is encoded as $FO_UTF16_BE_NOBOM (2048) = Use Unicode UTF16 Big Endian (without BOM) per FileGetEncoding (it returns 2048).
      I have searched how to convert these log files to UTF-8 and finally found a Powershell command. Since then I have been racking my brain trying to get the function to work. The command itself works from a Powerscript prompt:
      C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command Get-Content C:\Logs\Myplayer_10-10-17-02-31.log | Set-Content -Encoding utf8 C:\Logs\Myplayer1.log This is my sandbox;
      #include <array.au3> #include <File.au3> Local $aArrayLogFile Local $sLogDir = "C:\Logs\" Local $sLogFile = "Myplayer_10-10-17-02-31.log" Local $sConvertedLog = "ConvertedLog.log" Local $sLogDirFile = $sLogDir&$sLogFile RunWait("C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command Get-Content "&$sLogDirFile&" | Set-Content -Encoding utf8 "&$sConvertedLog,$sLogDir) _FileReadToArray($sLogDirFile, $aArrayLogFile) _ArrayDisplay($aArrayLogFile) Also tried
      RunWait("C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Command Get-Content "&$sLogDirFile&" | Set-Content -Encoding utf8 "&$sConvertedLog,$sLogDir) and
      ShellExecuteWait("C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe"," -Command Get-Content "&$sLogDirFile&" | Set-Content -Encoding utf8 "&$sConvertedLog,$sLogDir) Tried without -Command and a bunch of other parameters that were sprinkled throughout the internet from people trying to get this to work.
      Thanks
      Jibs
    • rootx
      By rootx
      I need help with unicode char ü I get some text from online json but if try to read 4 example Zürich I heave  Zürich.
      How can I convert with autoit unicode to a clear character readable? thx
    • virhonestum
      By virhonestum
      Hey,
      I've coma accross a very odd problem. I want to download a CSV-File, and process the contents.
      This is the extremely simplyfied AutoIT-Code, given the file is already downloaded:
      $f= @ScriptDir & "\TestFile.csv" $file = FileOpen($f,0) Local $line = FileReadLine($file) MsgBox(0,"",$line) The downloaded CSV file I want to process contains something like this:
      Artikelnummer;EAN-Code;Artikelname;Artikelgewicht;Beschreibung;Kurzbeschreibung;Eigenschaften;Technische-Daten;Bild1;Bild2;Bild3;Bild4;Bild5;Bild6;Bild7;Bild8;Lieferbar;"Lieferbar Ab";Versandzeit;"UVP-Preis inkl. MwSt.";"Preis1";"Preis2";Hersteller L7335272;5420025602129; Mini Light XLR ;0.1000; JB Systems Schwanenhalsleuchte mit XLR Anschluss. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20070114153500a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;12,90;12,90;6,57; JB Systems L3320502;540207025601636; Mini Light LED BNC ;0.1000; JB Systems LED Schwanenhalsleuchte mit BNC Anschluss. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20061231171705a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;29,90;25,89;15,26; JB Systems L1332254;542002556023143; Mini Light LED XLR ;0.1000; JB Systems LED Schwanenhalsleuchte mit XLR Anschluss. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20061231171728a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;29,90;25,89;15,26; JB Systems L8302591;504200256280277; Spiegelkugel 10cm ;0.5000; JB Systems Spiegelkugel 10cm Durchmesser mit einer hohen Dichte durch 10 x 10 mm Echtglasspiegel. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20060324214825a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;5,50;4,90;2,81; JB Systems L7302932;542000256510222; Spiegelkugel 20cm ;0.8400; JB Systems Spiegelkugel 20cm Durchmesser mit einer hohen Dichte durch 10 x 10 mm Echtglasspiegel. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20060324214907a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;12,90;11,50;6,58; JB Systems L2350293;534200562064239; Spiegelkugel 30cm ;2.1300; JB Systems Spiegelkugel 30 cm Durchmesser mit einer hohen Dichte durch 10 x 10 mm Echtglasspiegel. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20060324214956a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;26,90;23,00;13,72; JB Systems L3302984;545200252024246; Spiegelkugel 40cm ;3.5000; JB Systems Spiegelkugel 40cm Durchmesser mit Sicherungsring und einer hohen Dichte durch 10 x 10 mm Echtglasspiegel. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20060324215050a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;54,90;49,00;28,00; JB Systems L9302495;542205056225600; Spiegelkugel 50cm ;5.3900; JB Systems Spiegelkugel 50cm Durchmesser mit Sicherungsring und einer hohen Dichte durch 10 x 10 mm Echtglasspiegel. ;;;;http://www.example.com/media/images/org/pic20060324215122a.jpg;;;;;;;;JA;; 1-3 Tage ;89,00;79,00;45,39; JB Systems But the message box that pops up after FileReadLine contains this:
      䅲瑩步汮畭浥爻䕁中䍯摥㭁牴楫敬湡浥㭁牴楫敬来睩捨琻䉥獣桲敩扵湧㭋畲穢敳捨牥楢畮朻䕩来湳捨慦瑥渻呥捨湩獣桥ⵄ慴敮㭂楬搱㭂楬搲㭂楬搳㭂楬搴㭂楬搵㭂楬搶㭂楬搷㭂楬搸㭌楥晥牢慲㬢䱩敦敲扡爠䅢∻噥牳慮摺敩琻≕噐ⵐ牥楳⁩湫氮⁍睓琮∻≐牥楳ㄢ㬢偲敩猲∻䡥牳瑥汬敲ੌ㜳㌵㈷㈻㔴㈰〲㔶〲ㄲ㤻M楮椠䱩杨琠塌刀㬰⸱〰〻J䈠卹獴敭猠卣桷慮敮桡汳汥畣桴攠浩琠塌删䅮獣桬畳献;㬻㭨瑴瀺⼯睷眮數慭灬攮捯洯浥摩愯業慧敳⽯牧⽰楣㈰〷〱ㄴㄵ㌵〰愮橰朻㬻㬻㬻㭊䄻㬀ㄭ㌠呡来;ㄲⰹ〻ㄲⰹ〻㘬㔷㬀䩂⁓祳瑥浳 I've attached both files I use. 
      My guess is, that there's something wrong with the encoding, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Thank you very much for your help
      - virhonestum
      Encodingtester.au3
      TestFile.csv