Tippex

The requested action with this object has failed

2 posts in this topic

Sometimes my scripts crash with a console error such as this one:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3" (1599) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
Return SetError($_IESTATUS_Success, 0, $oObject.document.body.innerText)
Return SetError($_IESTATUS_Success, 0, $oObject.document.body^ ERROR
->11:13:08 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1

However, before crashing I get a number these warnings that I suspect are related:

--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Warning from function internal function __IEIsObjType, Cannot register internal error handler, cannot trap COM errors (Use _IEErrorHandlerRegister() to register a user error handler)

The "object has failed" errors are coming from included file "IE.au3" which is version 3.3.14.2 according to the top part of its header:

; #INDEX# =======================================================================================================================
; Title .........: Internet Explorer Automation UDF Library for AutoIt3
; AutoIt Version : 3.3.14.2

An example of where a function crashes out is as below; the final Return statement is followed by "==> The requested action with this object has failed.:"

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Author ........: Dale Hohm
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _IEBodyReadText(ByRef $oObject)
    If Not IsObj($oObject) Then
        __IEConsoleWriteError("Error", "_IEBodyReadText", "$_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType")
        Return SetError($_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType, 1, 0)
    EndIf
    If Not __IEIsObjType($oObject, "browserdom") Then
        __IEConsoleWriteError("Error", "_IEBodyReadText", "$_IESTATUS_InvalidObjectType", "Expected document element")
        Return SetError($_IESTATUS_InvalidObjectType, 1, 0)
    EndIf
    ;
    Return SetError($_IESTATUS_Success, 0, $oObject.document.body.innerText)
EndFunc   ;==>_IEBodyReadText

Searching AutoIT help documentation, I read:

"_IEErrorHandlerRegister() has been removed. It's not required due to COM errors no longer being fatal. "

Any advice please on how I may go about making the failing objects not fatal and how I can overcome the __IEIsObjType warnings if  _IEErrorHandlerRegister() has been removed?

Thanks.

I've recently discovered that just adding _IEErrorHandlerRegister() at the beginning part of my script suppresses the  __IEIsObjType warnings

but does anyone know if it will stop script/com error handling outside of the IE functions, please, as I think there can only be one error hander?

ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "ErrFunc")