Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
afzalw

Selecting my Option from a Combobox

6 posts in this topic

I am using Autoit to automate another software.  I am looking to create a piece of code which can select the option from a combo box.  I know what option I want to select and I have stored it in a string but nothing seems to be working for me. 

I am able to click on the Control by using this code.

ControlClick("Import/Export Table Name", "","[NAME:cmbTableName]");

This is what I was thinking but doesn't work for me.

ControlCommand("Import/Export Table Name", "", "[NAME:cmbTableName]", "SelectString", $MyOptionName)

If it helps: The option name that I want to select is also stored in clipboard.

Any comments on what am I missing here will be appreciated.

Thanks

Can you explain how should I use this.  I am not creating any GUI, I am working on another software and NAME:cmTableName  is the name of combo box in the other software.

rootx,

I to would be interested to know how Accelerator keys could help here. Are you sure you posted in the right thread?

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I am using Autoit to automate another software.  I am looking to create a piece of code which can select the option from a combo box.  I know what option I want to select and I have stored it in a string but nothing seems to be working for me. 

I am able to click on the Control by using this code.

ControlClick("Import/Export Table Name", "","[NAME:cmbTableName]");

This is what I was thinking but doesn't work for me.

ControlCommand("Import/Export Table Name", "", "[NAME:cmbTableName]", "SelectString", $MyOptionName)

If it helps: The option name that I want to select is also stored in clipboard.

Any comments on what am I missing here will be appreciated.

Thanks

afzalw,

Just the one thread at a time please - threads merged.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• MITH
      By MITH
      Hi,
      I am trying to use ControlMove function AU3 DLL in VBA. The function instead of moving the control just makes it disappear. It only appears when I resize notepad manually.
      Can anybody please help me and let me know whats the miss here
      Here's the code I am working on:
      Private Declare PtrSafe Function AU3_ControlMove Lib "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoItX\AutoItX3.dll" (ByVal szTitle As LongPtr, ByVal szText As LongPtr, ByVal szControl As LongPtr, ByVal nX As Integer, ByVal nY As Integer, nWidth As Integer, nHeight As Integer) As Long Private Function ControlMove(szTitle As String, szControl As String, nX As Integer, nY As Integer, Optional nWidth As Integer = -1, Optional nHeight As Integer = -1, Optional szText As String = "") As Long ControlMove = AU3_ControlMove(StrPtr(szTitle), StrPtr(szText), StrPtr(szControl), nX, nY, nWidth, nHeight) End Function Sub test() ControlMove "Untitled - Notepad", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]", 0, 0, 150, 150 End Sub The Edit Box in Notepad just disappears.
    • RamPalav
      By RamPalav
      Hi,
      I want to send text into a VBA form's text field. Can someone please guide me on the autoit script that can help me.
      Below is the sample code that I need help on:
      #include <Excel.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> @ScriptDir ="D:\\AutoIT\" $sFilePath = @ScriptDir & "\ExcelForm.xlsm" Local $oAppl = _Excel_Open() ;Local $oAppl = _Excel_Open(False, Default, Default, Default, True) Local $sWorkbook = $sFilePath Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oAppl, $sWorkbook) ConsoleWrite('before opening macro.........1') $oAppl.Run('mymacro') Sleep(3000) ConsoleWrite('After opening macro.........1') Send('First text') ConsoleWrite('After opening macro.........2') Send('{TAB}') ConsoleWrite('After opening macro.........3') Send('Second text') ConsoleWrite('After opening macro.........4') Send('{TAB}') Send('{Enter}') ConsoleWrite('After opening macro.........5') thanks,

• oddlogic
      By oddlogic
      I was working with an intranet site today and there is a huge combo box that you can click on where it says "All", underneath 'Model' (Capture.png). After selecting a model, there are numerous lines to choose from that do other things, which I can work with perfectly well. I have to deal with other pages similar to this one, but on this particular page the only "firing" event is the choice of the dropdown menu. 
      Here is the source for that particular field:  (The id we care about is "cphBody_rgdModelDrawing_ctl00_ctl02_ctl02_rcbModel")
      <table cellspacing="0" class="rgMasterTable" id="cphBody_rgdModelDrawing_ctl00" style="width:100%;table-layout:auto;empty-cells:show;"> <colgroup> <col /> <col /> <col /> <col /> <col style="width:45px" /> <col style="width:30px" /> </colgroup> <thead> <tr> <th scope="col" class="rgHeader"><a title="Click here to sort" href="javascript:__doPostBack(&#39;ctl00$cphBody$rgdModelDrawing$ctl00$ctl02$ctl01$ctl01&#39;,&#39;&#39;)">Model</a></th><th scope="col" class="rgHeader"><a title="Click here to sort" href="javascript:__doPostBack(&#39;ctl00$cphBody$rgdModelDrawing$ctl00$ctl02$ctl01$ctl02&#39;,&#39;&#39;)">Drawing</a></th><th scope="col" class="rgHeader"><a title="Click here to sort" href="javascript:__doPostBack(&#39;ctl00$cphBody$rgdModelDrawing$ctl00$ctl02$ctl01$ctl03&#39;,&#39;&#39;)">Station Number</a></th><th scope="col" class="rgHeader"><a title="Click here to sort" href="javascript:__doPostBack(&#39;ctl00$cphBody$rgdModelDrawing$ctl00$ctl02$ctl01$ctl04&#39;,&#39;&#39;)">Sort Order</a></th><th scope="col" class="rgHeader">&nbsp;</th><th scope="col" class="rgHeader">&nbsp;</th> </tr><tr class="rgFilterRow"> <td style="white-space:nowrap;"> <div id="cphBody_rgdModelDrawing_ctl00_ctl02_ctl02_rcbModel" class="RadComboBox RadComboBox_Default" style="width:200px;"> <table summary="combobox" style="border-width:0;border-collapse:collapse;table-layout:fixed;width:100%"> <tr class="rcbReadOnly"> <td style="margin-top:-1px;margin-bottom:-1px;width:100%;" class="rcbInputCell rcbInputCellLeft"><input name="ctl00$cphBody$rgdModelDrawing$ctl00$ctl02$ctl02$rcbModel" type="text" class="rcbInput" id="cphBody_rgdModelDrawing_ctl00_ctl02_ctl02_rcbModel_Input" value="All" style="display: block;" readonly="readonly" /></td> <td style="margin-top:-1px;margin-bottom:-1px;" class="rcbArrowCell rcbArrowCellRight"><a id="cphBody_rgdModelDrawing_ctl00_ctl02_ctl02_rcbModel_Arrow" style="overflow: hidden;display: block;position: relative;outline: none;">select</a></td> </tr> </table> <div class="rcbSlide" style="z-index:6000;"><div id="cphBody_rgdModelDrawing_ctl00_ctl02_ctl02_rcbModel_DropDown" class="RadComboBoxDropDown RadComboBoxDropDown_Default " style="float:left;display:none;"><div class="rcbScroll rcbWidth" style="height:200px;width:100%;"><ul class="rcbList" style="list-style:none;margin:0;padding:0;zoom:1;"><li class="rcbItem ">All</li><li class="rcbItem ">019-208-17-3Y</li><li class="rcbItem ">019-208-17-6Y</li><li class="rcbItem ">124-ATR-3/0-L10</li><li class="rcbItem ">124-ATR-3/0-L10M</li><li class="rcbItem ">124-ATR-3/0-L10S</li><li class="rcbItem ">124-ATR-3/0-L13</li><li class="rcbItem ">124-ATR-3/0-L15</li><li class="rcbItem ">124-ATR-3/0-L15M</li><li class="rcbItem ">124-ATR-3/0-L15S</li><li class="rcbItem ">124-ATR-3/0-L18</li><li class="rcbItem ">124-ATR-3/0-L20</li><li class="rcbItem ">124-ATR-3/0-L25</li><li class="rcbItem ">124-ATR-3/0-L30</li><li class="rcbItem ">124-ATR-4/0-L10</li><li class="rcbItem ">124-ATR-4/0-L13</li> .....there are thousands of these parts, listed like this. then at the end of the li tag list.... <script type="text/javascript"> function ModelIndexChanged(sender, args) { var tableView = $find("cphBody_rgdModelDrawing_ctl00"); tableView.filter("ModelDrawing_ModelID", args.get_item().get_value(), "EqualTo"); } </script>  
      I am able to read and write to the dropdown using either _IEGetFormCollection (by index because the page always has the same input indices) or _IEGetObjectById, and then using _IEFormElementSetValue. What I cannot seem to do is to use the "child" method whereby one would address the list object by using _IEFormGetCollection. That returns an error code of either 7 or 2 (it's been a long day. I forget which)
      The problem with writing to the dropdown with setValue is that the form doesn't fire after you change the list box. In fact, it won't even fire if a user clicks on it, then hits return. It is only by changing the value manually and then changing it again that you can get the part number that you want to display as it should. 
      How should one go about selecting the dropdown value that would allow the page to fire as it should? 

;this works but doesn't fire - I use formCollection because there are other things that I have to use fields for in this document and the indices don't change Local $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, 0) $modelTextBox = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm, 7) _IEFormElementSetValue($modelTextBox, $chargerPartNumber)  
    • exodius
      By exodius
      Hi,
      Can someone help me with how to translate this correctly? I've been working on it for a few hours and I just can't quite get it right.
      Columns("G:G").Select Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlCellValue, Operator:=xlEqual, _ Formula1:="=""Purchase""" Selection.FormatConditions(Selection.FormatConditions.Count).SetFirstPriority With Selection.FormatConditions(1).Font .Color = -16383844 .TintAndShade = 0 End With With Selection.FormatConditions(1).Interior .PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic .Color = 13551615 .TintAndShade = 0 End With Selection.FormatConditions(1).StopIfTrue = False I think I'll be fine after the .Add line, I just cannot get it to work. Here's what I've been trying:
      $oExcel.Selection.FormatConditions.Add(9, 3, "=""Purchase""", '') ;Type:=xlCellValue, Operator:=xlEqual, Formula1:="=""Purchase""" Any help is definitely appreciated!
    • Jewtus
      By Jewtus
      I'm trying to create a simple outlook function that validates the email addresses before sending. I'm trying adapt this script:
      https://msdn.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/office/ff867165.aspx

Func SendEmails() $olApp = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application") $olMailItem = 0 $objMail = $olApp.CreateItem($olMailItem) With $objMail .Save .Subject = ("TEST") .Display $oRecipients=.Recipients EndWith With $oRecipients .Add("User1") .Add("User2") If not .ResolveAll Then For $z In $oRecipients If not .Resolved then MsgBox(0,"",.Name) Next EndIf EndWith EndFunc I'm only trying to capture the message box because the resolveall function doesn't seem to be doing anything. I tried using the above script and it works up to the resolveall statement but it doesn't seem to do anything. I was hoping putting the message box in would help me figure out what is going on, but I'm getting errors on .Resolved.

Anyone used the Resolveall function before?