xml with chrome, json with IE

3 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, 

Since I'm able to get a Dell equipment warranty status thanks to my API key, I'm using an UDF to extract data from an XML file and get the end date. > 

Thing is, when using InetGet, the original file is in JSON format and the UDF is not working anymore, even if I download the file with the xml extension. Therefore, and when I manually download the page with Chrome, I have a proper XML file where the UDF is working fine.

Here's my code:

Spoiler
Local $sFilePath = @DesktopDir & "\3MTXM12.xml"
InetGet("https://sandbox.api.dell.com/support/assetinfo/v4/getassetwarranty/APIKEYICANNOTGIVE", @DesktopDir & "\3MTXM12.xml", $INET_FORCERELOAD)

Local $xmlPath = @DesktopDir & "\3MTXM12.xml"
If Not FileExists($xmlPath) Then Exit
$file = FileRead($xmlPath)
$file = StringReplace($file, @LF, '')
$file = StringSplit($file, @CR, 1)

MsgBox(0, 'DONE!!!', StringTrimRight(XMLget($file, 'AssetEntitlement\EndDate'),9))

Func XMLget($file, $Path)
    $Path = StringSplit($Path, '/\|', 0)
    $lastline = 0
    For $lvl = 1 To $Path[0] Step 1
        For $line = $lastline To $file[0] Step 1
            $lastline = $line
            $hstart = StringInStr($file[$line], '<' & $Path[$lvl] & '>', 0)
            $hstarta = StringInStr($file[$line], '<' & $Path[$lvl] & ' ', 0)
            If $hstart Or $hstarta Then
                If $lvl == $Path[0] Then
                    If $hstart Then
                        $end = StringInStr($file[$line], '</' & $Path[$lvl] & '>', 0)
                        If $end Then
                            $hstart = $hstart + StringLen('<' & $Path[$lvl] & '>')
                            Return StringMid($file[$line], $hstart, $end - $hstart)
                        EndIf
                    EndIf
                    If $hstarta Then
                        $end = StringInStr($file[$line], '/>', 0)
                        If $end Then
                            $hstarta = $hstarta + StringLen('<' & $Path[$lvl] & ' ')
                            $return = StringMid($file[$line], $hstarta, $end - $hstarta)
                            Return $return
                        EndIf
                        $ends = StringInStr($file[$line], '>', 0)
                        If $ends Then
                            $hstart = $ends + 1
                            $end = StringInStr($file[$line], '</' & $Path[$lvl] & '>', 0)
                            If $end Then
                                $return = StringMid($file[$line], $hstart, $end - $hstart)
                                Return $return
                            EndIf
                        EndIf
                    EndIf
                EndIf
                ContinueLoop 2
            EndIf
        Next
        If $line == $file[0] Then ExitLoop
    Next
    Return 'not found'
EndFunc ;==>XMLget

I even tried to convert the json to xml > https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/185717-js-json-to-xml/

I took a look here https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/104150-json-udf-library-fully-rfc4627-compliant/ but I don't understand anything :/

The XML read UDF is just perfect for my needs but I'm stuck here... 

Thanks for any help you can provide :)

-31290-

3MTXM12.json

3MTXM12.xml

~~~ Doom Shall Never Die, Only The Players ~~~

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi @31290

here is two suggestions for you. Hope they are useful.

Let me know if you have any questions, i will do my best to answer :)

$oXML = ObjCreate("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
$oXML.Load("3MTXM12.xml"); or $oXML.LoadXML(FileRead("3MTXM12.xml"))
$oNodes = $oXML.SelectNodes("./AssetWarrantyDTO/AssetWarrantyResponse/AssetWarrantyResponse/AssetEntitlementData/AssetEntitlement/EndDate"); or $oNodes = $oXML.SelectNodes("//AssetEntitlement/EndDate")
For $oNode In $oNodes
    ConsoleWrite($oNode.text&@CRLF)
Next

ConsoleWrite("-----------------------------------------------"&@CRLF)

$oSC = ObjCreate("ScriptControl")
$oSC.language = "JScript"
$oSC.Eval("Array.prototype.Item = function(i){return this[i];};")
$oJSON = $oSC.Eval("("&FileRead("3MTXM12.json")&")")
For $i=0 To $oJSON.AssetWarrantyResponse.length-1
    For $j=0 To $oJSON.AssetWarrantyResponse.Item($i).AssetEntitlementData.length-1
        ConsoleWrite($oJSON.AssetWarrantyResponse.Item($i).AssetEntitlementData.Item($j).EndDate&@CRLF)
    Next
Next

Edited by genius257
1 person likes this

Hi Genius257, 

Thanks a lot for your input. 

But in the meantime, I found this solution:

; Creating the object
$oHTTP = ObjCreate("winhttp.winhttprequest.5.1")
$oHTTP.Open("GET", "https://sandbox.apidp.dell.com/support/assetinfo/V4/getassetwarranty/ASSET?apikey=XXXX", False)
$oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("Accept", "application/xml")
$oHTTP.Send()

; Download the body response if any, and get the server status response code.
$oReceived = $oHTTP.ResponseText
$oStatusCode = $oHTTP.Status

If $oStatusCode <> 200 then
 MsgBox(4096, "Response code", $oStatusCode)
EndIf

; Saves the body response regardless of the Response code
 $file = FileOpen(@TempDir & "\update222.xml", 2) ; The value of 2 overwrites the file if it already exists
 FileWrite($file, $oReceived)
 FileClose($file)

Can be useful if someone ever need it :)

Bye

-31290-

~~~ Doom Shall Never Die, Only The Players ~~~

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Dante_t
      By Dante_t
      Hi Guys, I need help. I have searched the forum before posting and i couldn't find anything. The code below works fine when downloading files from "http" sites, but when trying to download from "https" sites, no files are downloaded. I tried different sites and I experience the same problem everywhere. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? Please note that I'm not a programmer and I'm new to this. I'm just using logic wherever i can to get things done. your help will be highly appreciated.

#include <InetConstants.au3>
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
      #include <WinAPIFiles.au3>
      ; Download a file in the background.
      ; Wait for the download to complete.

Example()
      Func Example()
          ; Save the downloaded file to the temporary folder.
          Local $sFilePath = "d:\"
          ; Download the file in the background with the selected option of 'force a reload from the remote site.'
          Local $hDownload = InetGet("https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTPS#/media/File:Internet2.jpg", $sFilePath& "Internet2.jpg", $INET_FORCERELOAD, $INET_DOWNLOADBACKGROUND)
          ; Wait for the download to complete by monitoring when the 2nd index value of InetGetInfo returns True.
          Do
              Sleep(250)
          Until InetGetInfo($hDownload, $INET_DOWNLOADCOMPLETE)
          ; Retrieve the number of total bytes received and the filesize.
          Local $iBytesSize = InetGetInfo($hDownload, $INET_DOWNLOADREAD)
          Local $iFileSize = FileGetSize($sFilePath&"Internet2.jpg")
          ; Close the handle returned by InetGet.
          InetClose($hDownload)
          ; Display details about the total number of bytes read and the filesize.
          MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "The total download size: " & $iBytesSize & @CRLF & _
                  "The total filesize: " & $iFileSize)
          ; Delete the file.
          ;FileDelete($sFilePath)
      EndFunc   ;==>Example

• swatsapkraz
      By swatsapkraz
      First script here. Thanks for taking the time.
      I want to download a file from my dropbox or other cloud file host and I want autoit to read the file and proceed.
      Here are the references I've gone through, it's just I'm not familiar yet with autoit so I'm looking for advice:
      https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/InetGet.htm
      https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/FileRead.htm

How would I start out downloading a text file from dropbox and if in the file there is a 1 then it will proceed with the rest of the script if there is a 0 or if the file cannot be downloaded I want it to just end.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I apologize in advance if this seems very trivial for some but this is my first script and I'm hoping this is the correct place to ask this question.
    • baolo073
      By baolo073
      [ [ [ "Kinh Oanh,\r\n", "Dear Oanh,\r\n", null, null, 3 ], [ "C\u1ea3m \u01a1n b\u1ea1n r\u1ea5t nhi\u1ec1u v졢\u1ee9c th\u01b0 c\u1ee7a b\u1ea1n \u0111\u1ebfn m\u1ed9t v᩠ngṠtr\u01b0\u1edbc. ", "Thank you very much for your letter which arrived a few days ago.", null, null, 3 ], [ "Th\u1eadt \u0111⯧ y뵠khi nghe t\u1eeb b\u1ea1n.\r\n", "It was lovely to hear from you.\r\n", null, null, 3 ], [ "b\u1ea1n \u0111i \u0111㵠v\u1eady.\r\n", "where do you go.\r\n", null, null, 1 ], [ "T\u1ea1m bi\u1ec7t!", "Goodbye!", null, null, 1 ] ], null, "en", null, null, null, 0.91366601, null, [ [ "en" ], null, [ 0.91366601 ], [ "en" ] ] ] How to parse array to json?
    • Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi. I'm trying to write a xml. Here is my code:
      #include <_XMLDomWrapper.au3> #include <Date.au3> Global $g_sXMLFileName Global $g_sDestPath = @DesktopDir & "\" Global $g_sReturnedBID = "A10829" _makeXML() _AddXML(1, "A10829_Thomas/wav/T001.wav") _AddXML(2, "A10829_Thomas/wav/T002.wav") Exit Func _makeXML() Local $sXMLtime = StringReplace(StringReplace(StringReplace(_NowCalc()," ","_"),":","-"),"/","-") ; in yyyy-mm-dd_hh-mm-ss $g_sXMLFileName = $g_sDestPath & $g_sReturnedBID & "_" & "EB-Ton-Upload" & "_" & $sXMLtime & ".xml" _XMLCreateFile($g_sXMLFileName, "gemagvl", 1,1) _XMLFileOpen($g_sXMLFileName) EndFunc Func _AddXML($iCount, $sDateiname) _XMLCreateRootNodeWAttr("row", "count", $iCount, "") _XMLCreateChildNode("//row", "picklistenname", $g_sReturnedBID & "_EB-Ton-Upload") _XMLCreateChildNode("//row", "picklisteninfo") _XMLCreateChildNode("//row", "bid", $g_sReturnedBID) _XMLCreateChildNode("//row", "audiodateiname", $sDateiname) _XMLCreateChildNode("//row", "titel", StringTrimRight(StringTrimLeft($sDateiname, 7), 4)) _XMLCreateChildNode("//row", "interpret", "EB") _XMLCreateChildNode("//row", "quelle", "Ton") EndFunc It returns:
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><gemagvl> <row count="1"> <picklistenname>A10829_EB-Ton-Upload</picklistenname> <picklisteninfo/> <bid>A10829</bid> <audiodateiname>A10829_Thomas/wav/T001.wav</audiodateiname> <titel>Thomas/wav/T002</titel> <interpret>EB</interpret> <quelle>Ton</quelle> <picklistenname>A10829_EB-Ton-Upload</picklistenname> <picklisteninfo/> <bid>A10829</bid> <audiodateiname>A10829_Thomas/wav/T002.wav</audiodateiname> <titel>Thomas/wav/T003</titel> <interpret>EB</interpret> <quelle>Ton</quelle> </row> <row count="2"> <picklistenname>A10829_EB-Ton-Upload</picklistenname> <picklisteninfo/> <bid>A10829</bid> <audiodateiname>A10829_Thomas/wav/T002.wav</audiodateiname> <titel>Thomas/wav/T003</titel> <interpret>EB</interpret> <quelle>Ton</quelle> </row> </gemagvl> But it should return:
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><gemagvl> <row count="1"> <picklistenname>A10829_EB-Ton-Upload</picklistenname> <picklisteninfo/> <bid>A10829</bid> <audiodateiname>A10829_Thomas/wav/T001.wav</audiodateiname> <titel>Thomas/wav/T002</titel> <interpret>EB</interpret> <quelle>Ton</quelle> </row> <row count="2"> <picklistenname>A10829_EB-Ton-Upload</picklistenname> <picklisteninfo/> <bid>A10829</bid> <audiodateiname>A10829_Thomas/wav/T002.wav</audiodateiname> <titel>Thomas/wav/T003</titel> <interpret>EB</interpret> <quelle>Ton</quelle> </row> </gemagvl> The second inserted nodes are double. How will it be going right?
      Regards, Conrad
    • rootx
      By rootx
      I need help to read in a loop the DVD id child and subchild. Thx
      Example...
      DVD001 - PAL - EN,FR,DE,ES,IT and filter the right title & descri language.  I tried with $oXML.SelectSingleNode but without success
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <datafile xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="mydvd.xsd"> <dvd name="My dvd title"> <id>DVD001</id> <region>PAL</region> <languages>EN,FR,DE,ES,IT</languages> <locale lang="EN"> <title>title en</title> <descri>descri en</descri> </locale> <locale lang="FR"> <title>title fr</title> <descri>descri fr </descri> </locale> <locale lang="DE"> <title>title de</title> <descri>descri de </descri> </locale> <locale lang="ES"> <title>title es</title> <descri>descri es</descri> </locale> <locale lang="IT"> <title>title it</title> <descri>descri it</descri> </locale> </dvd> <dvd name="My dvd title 2"> <id>DVD002</id> <region>USA</region> <languages>EN</languages> <locale lang="EN"> <title>title en</title> <descri>descri en</descri> </locale> </dvd> </datafile> #include <File.au3> $xml = @ScriptDir&"\test.xml" Local $oXML = ObjCreate("Microsoft.XMLDOM") $oXML.load($xml) $id = $oXML.SelectNodes("//dvd") For $ids In $id ConsoleWrite($ids.text &@CRLF) Next