[Solved] AdlibRegister fails after 'stop executing' uncompiled script

Hi, I wrote a script using 2 GUIs. At some point I AdlibRegister a function to always WinActivate GUI1 if GUI2 is activated.

Most of the time it works perfect. But I have the feeling that nearly always if I stop executing the uncompiled au3 with Strg+Break and restart the script then the AdlibRegister returns 1 but will not run. If I exit the script with Exit everything is fine.

Did I noticed it right? Is there a AdlibRegister issue if script is aborted? Is there a possibility to fix this?

Regards, Conrad

P.S. The script is about 1000 lines, so I think it wouldn't be helpful posting it. And I have no idea how to make it very small but prove the issue.

Edited by Simpel
[Solved]
SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

• Developers
35 minutes ago, Simpel said:

Strg+Break

You mean in SciTE?  This will kill the process so don't expect any clean termination of the script.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <WinAPISys.au3>

Global Const $WA_ACTIVE = 1
Global Const $WA_CLICKACTIVE = 2

Global $hMain = GUICreate("Window 1")
Global $hSecond = GUICreate("Window 2")

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_ACTIVATE, WM_ACTIVATE)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hMain)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hSecond)

While (True)
    Switch (GUIGetMsg())
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit 0
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func WM_ACTIVATE($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    Switch (_WinAPI_LoWord($wParam))
        Case $WA_ACTIVE, $WA_CLICKACTIVE
            Switch ($hWnd)
                Case $hSecond
                    ConsoleWrite("[" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & ":" & @MSEC & "] Second window set to active, changing to main" & @LF)
                    Return _WinAPI_SetActiveWindow($hMain)
            EndSwitch
    EndSwitch
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>WM_ACTIVATE

Give that a go instead of using AdLibRegister. Just use GUIRegisterMsg($WM_ACTIVATE, "") to turn off the activate function

Edited by InunoTaishou
Changed $WA_INACTIVE to $WA_CLICKACTIVE, had the proper value, just the wrong name

Hi @InunoTaishou,

your example works perfect. I have to prove whether I can put it into my script without greater problems. I'll give it a try.

Thank you and regards, Conrad

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

There was no problem to implement this. Thanks again.