232showtime

Strange output in Array, STringSplit

232showtime

im getting strange output in array display,$split_[1] is not properly aligned to other arrays and why guictrlsetdata is not writting any data if i put comma(,) at the end of the text in $Input1???

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=C:\Users\user\Desktop\Script\StringSplit.kxf
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 623, 449, 192, 114)
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("50UGITQ421X, 50UGITQ422X, 50UGITQ423X, 50UGITQ427X, 50UGITQ431X, 50UGITQ435X, 50UGITQ436X, 50UGITQ437X, 50UGITQ441X, 50UGITQ445X, 50UGITQ449X, 50UGITQ453X, 50UGITQ454X, 50UGITQ455X, 50UGITQ459X", 24, 16, 553, 21)
$Split = GUICtrlCreateButton("Split", 24, 48, 75, 25)
$List1 = GUICtrlCreateList("", 24, 96, 553, 97)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Split
            $read = GUICtrlRead($Input1)
            $split_ = StringSplit($read, ",")
            $Max = UBound($split_, 1)
            For $i = 1 To UBound($split_) - 1
                ConsoleWrite($split_[$i] & @CRLF)
;~              ControlSetText($Form1, "", $List1, $split_[$i])
                GUICtrlSetData($List1, $split_[$i])
;~              GUICtrlSetData($List1, $split_[$i])
;~              GUICtrlSetData($List1, $i)
            Next
            _ArrayDisplay($split_)
    EndSwitch
WEnd

ill get to that... i still need to learn and understand a lot of codes graduated.gif

Correct answer, learn to walk before you take on that marathon.

Floops

$Split[1] looks different than the other entries because it doesn't have a space in front of it like the other entries.

Edit: As for your other problem, try this line of code:

If $split_[$i] <> "" Then GUICtrlSetData($List1, $split_[$i])

If you put a comma at the end of the Input, StringSplitwill create an empty array entry. If the loop uses GUICtrlSetData with an empty string, the entire List gets deleted.

Edited by Floops

232showtime
20 minutes ago, Floops said:

GUICtrlSetData with an empty string, the entire List get's deleted

thats why im getting empty data, got empty string in $split_[16] :lol:

20 minutes ago, Floops said:

$split_[1] looks different

what do you mean looks different? it has the same no. of characters. also in $List1 its not aligned

just asking not really my " other problem " :P:P:P

Edited by 232showtime

ill get to that... i still need to learn and understand a lot of codes graduated.gif

Floops

You said that the first array entry is not properly alligned, it's because the other entries are not only seperated by a comma, but they also have a space in front of them.

Subz

As Floops mentioned: "1, 2, 3" isn't the same as "1,2,3", so you need to either place a space before 1 like so " 1, 2, 3" or remove all spaces from the string, before you split.

Edit: Floops already responded

Edited by Subz

232showtime

oh shoot, now I understand both your explanation, I will keep in mind these space. :sweating::sweating::sweating:

Edited by 232showtime

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• lattey
      By lattey
      hi,
      i have checkboxes and each checkbox that checked, i put in array. 
      now, im stuck on how to loop the checked array and store in in one variable. what i can do now, is only write the result into a text file. 
      below is the code:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> ;~ #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> Global $Count = 3 Global $CheckBoxP[$Count] Global $step[$Count] global $array1[1] Global $ExitResult $hGUI = GUICreate("Summary Steps", 500, 400) GUISetFont(12, 400, "Tahoma") GUICtrlCreateLabel( "Please Select the Summary Steps for Script Check", 70, 20) GUISetFont(10, 400, "Tahoma") Global $array_Pstep[3] = ["fix2","fix1","fix3"] global $step[3] = ["2","3","4"] $Spacing = 50 For $i = 0 To UBound($array_Pstep) - 1 $CheckBoxP[$i] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($array_Pstep[$i], 80, $Spacing + (20 * $i), 65, 17) Next $submit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Submit",180, 280, 80, 30) $exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit",180, 320, 80, 30) GUISetState() While 1 $Msg = GUIGetMsg() Select case $Msg=$submit For $i = 0 To $Count - 1 If GUICtrlRead($CheckBoxP[$i]) = $GUI_CHECKED Then _ArrayAdd($array1, $step[$i]) EndIf Next Global $logfilerray = @WorkingDir & "\checkedlist.txt" FileDelete ($logfilerray) Global $readlogfile = FileOpen($logfilerray,1) for $a = 1 to UBound($array1) - 1 ;~ $var=$array1[$a] FileWriteLine($readlogfile,$array1[$a]) Next FileClose($readlogfile) Exit case $Msg=$exit $ExitResult = MsgBox(1,"Summary Step", "Continue to Exit ?") if $ExitResult = 1 Then ;ok Exit EndIf Exit EndSelect WEnd  
    • omicron
      By omicron
      How do you perform a nested loop function with a multidimensional array from 2 lists.
      for i in list1
      (open file) extract variable
          while open for i in list 2
          (open file2) extract variable

var1 + var2 = (search term)

The list sizes will more than likely consist of different lengths.

What is the best approach to accomplishing this method?

• omicron
      By omicron
      Hello!

I am working on a function that I am just getting lost on. The goal is a multiple nested loop.

Here are the steps:
      Contents of file1.txt::
      [topic] var1=Name var2=OtherName var3=SomeotheName Contents of file2.txt::
      [subTopic] top=sub1 top2=sub2 top3=sub3 The Shell I am working from::
      #include <file.au3> $file = "c:\yourfile.txt" FileOpen($file, 0) For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file) $line = FileReadLine($file, $i) msgbox(0,'','the line ' & $i & ' is ' & $line) Next FileClose($file) Understanding however that the "msgbox" needs to then become a variable. in example the following::
      $file = "c:\yourfile.txt" FileOpen($file, 0) While true( prog.exe is running && "WinName" is open) do For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file) $line = FileReadLine($file, $i) ;Open File to log "current location of file 1" FileWriteLine ("filename", $i & ' is ' & $line) var = $line Next $file2 = "c:\yourfile.txt" FileOpen($file, 0) For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file) $line = FileReadLine($file, $i) ; OpenFile to log "Current location of file 2" FileWriteLine ("filename", $i & ' is ' & $line) Next FileClose($file2) FileClose($file) The goal in written form is the following ::

While in "OpenWindow"
          read from file 1 starting at line 1 until end of file.
         file 1 is a list of names to be searched.
         With $line selected, add this element to the element in file 2.

The search of a variables in list 1 and list 2 differ on the amount of posts that day. (This is not a web based platform, it is a game) I need to search 2 names and take a screenshot of the out put. The sizes of the names list depend on the activity of names at the time of search.
      This loop continues until all the names from both lists have been searched. Mostly in the format of::
      File1= item
      File2= Vendor

Item + Vendor  ( Capture screen, scroll) -- Not sure how to detect if I need to scroll)

Thank you for your help and support!
    • Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi Virtual People,
      My array works perfectly fine. However, what is the best practice if the line in the array doesn't have the correct amount of columns and if I can add a placeholder?

For $count = 1 To _FileCountLines($FileRead1) Step 1 $string = FileReadLine($FileRead1, $count) $input = StringSplit($string, ",", 1) $value1 = $input[1] $value2 = $input[2] $value3 = $input[3] _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $value2, "A1") _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $value1, "B1") _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $value3, "C1") Next  
    • MrCheese
      By MrCheese
      hi all,
      reviewing the forum, this thread is applicable: 

I wanted to know if there is now a better way to do this?
      In essence, I load a tab delimited txt file into an array (works well). I used tab, as some fields in the original csv contains commas.
      However, I needed autoit to manipulate this array, and output it as a csv.
      IF my array contains items with a comma, without double quotes around the field, then how best do I get a csv out of this?
      My current workaround is to filewritefromarray tab delimited, then open it in excel and save as a csv. I will need to check this to see how the address fields behave that contain a comma.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.