Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SkysLastChance

[Solved] ControlSend

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

How would I go about writing a IF Then statement if the conrol send fails?

Run ("Notepad.exe")
WinWaitActive ("Untitled - Notepad")
ControlSend("Untitled - Notepad", "", "Edit1", ("Provider Practice Record"))

I have been running into lag alot. So my script has been missing input. I would like to be able to have it retry to put in "Provider Practice Record" if it misses. 

I am assuming  a if then statement is what I need but I am not sure what ControlSend will return if it tries to send to Edit1 and it is not there. 

Or do I need to just add a timeout? 

Edited by SkysLastChance

Life's simple. You make choices and you don't look back.

#2 ·  Posted

Run ("Notepad.exe")
WinWaitActive ("Untitled - Notepad")
If ControlSend("Untitled - Notepad", "", "Edit1", ("Provider Practice Record")) = 0 Then
    ; Do Something
EndIf

Does this help you?

1 person likes this

#3 ·  Posted

I believe so. I will have to keep testing to see if it works. Thank you!

How did you know a failed value is 0? 

Life's simple. You make choices and you don't look back.

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/ControlSend.htm

From the help file

Return Value

Success: 1.
Failure: 0 if window/control is not found.

Almost every function has a Return Value. Usually when a function fails its Return Value is 0 or the @error flag is set.

Edited by Floops

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• rawkhopper
      By rawkhopper
      Hello everyone,
      I have a script that is automating a piece of sluggish software.  I want to automate it with a bit of caution and I am not sure the best way to do it.  ControlSend works great most of the time.  If I have it enter 10 into a text box every once in a while it will enter 1 or 11 and then hit enter.
      To overcome this I use MouseClick to select the text I just entered and then see if it matches the string it was supposed to put in before it hits enter.  This seems to work but what I love about ControlSend is there is less room for human interaction messing it up.  
      Yes I could block input but I prefer not to do that (permissions).
      Is there a better way of doing this?  Any Help would be much appreciated.
      Anyway here is the snippet of the script in question:
      Func KVSend () WinActivate ( "Window", "" ) Local $WindowPos = WinGetPos("Window", "") If $kV < 30 Then WinActivate ( "Window", "" ) ControlClick ("Window", "", 1001) ;Click in Accel Voltage box Sleep (100) ControlSend ("Window", "", 1001, $kV) ; \ kV Sleep (100) MouseMove($WindowPos[0]+130,$WindowPos[1]+75,1) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT) Send ("^c") Local $clip = ClipGet () If $clip = $kV Then ControlSend ("Window", "", 1001, "{ENTER}") ;Hit ENTER if value is correct Sleep (100) ControlClick ("Window", "", 1518) ;Lens Clear Else Send ("{BACKSPACE}") KVSend() ; If value is incorrect try again EndIf EndIf  
    • argumentum
      By argumentum
      UDF to intercept the error window of AutoIt, showing more details about the error, including ability to save and send by email!
    • SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I get this error, Whenever I try to find a date. Does anyone have any idea why? I saw some post from 2015, However I would imagine this is fixed by now. @water
      >"J:\Temporary Files\XXXXXXXXX\AutoIt\AutoIt\AutoIt\SciTe\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\Users\XXXXXX\Desktop\Call Report Automation.au3"     "J:\Temporary Files\XXXXXXXX\AutoIt\AutoIt\AutoIt\Include\Excel.au3" (656) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.: $aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch.Name.Name $aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch^ ERROR >Exit code: 1    Time: 5.791 #include <Excel.au3> Global $sExcelFile1 = FileOpenDialog("Choose/Create Excel File", @ScriptDir, "(*.xlsm)") Global $sExcelFile2 = FileOpenDialog("Choose/Create Excel File", @ScriptDir, "Excel Sheet (*.xlsx;*.xls)|All (*.*)") If FileExists($sExcelFile2) Then Global $oExcel2 = _Excel_Open () $oExcel2 = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel2,$sExcelFile2) EndIF If FileExists($sExcelFile1) Then Global $oExcel1 = _Excel_Open () $oExcel1 = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel1,$sExcelFile1,Default,Default,"2007") EndIF $oRead = _Excel_RangeRead ($oExcel2,Default,"A2",3) _Excel_RangeWrite ($oExcel1,"Calls Handled",$oRead,"BY7") Sleep (1000) _Excel_RangeFind ($oExcel1,$oRead,"E4:FD92") MsgBox (0,"Test",$oRead) UPDATE:
      If I take out this line it works. By works I mean I don't get the error. :/  However, I need it. I am just confused.
      _Excel_RangeWrite ($oExcel1,"Calls Handled",$oRead,"BY7")  
      UPDATE 2: I also get this error when trying to use the helpfile examples. I have version 3.3.14.2
      \AutoIt\AutoIt\AutoIt\Include\Excel.au3" (670) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.: $oSheet = $oWorkbook.Sheets($iIndexSheets) $oSheet = $oWorkbook^ ERROR >Exit code: 1 Time: 0.8931  
    • magmet00
      By magmet00
      Do you have a working imagesearch.au3 with working dll?
      and how can i gethandle and send keyboard/mouse commands to hidden d3d window?

i have tried imagesearch2015 but im getting dll error every time and tried older imagesearchs too in forum what i found.
      i have tried many things to send commands to hidden/background d3dwindow still nothing works.
      Can you help me please?

• Guy_
      By Guy_
      Was testing ControlSend("My Window Name", "", "", "^c") vs the normal Send("^c") or _SendEx("^c") to copy selected text from a window...
      In Windows, I have a setting that when I click the Ctrl key only, my mouse pointer is "highlighted" [that I could of course disable].
      If I use Send("^c"), or do this manually, the mouse pointer is never highlighted, as I wish it to be.
      With ControlSend it *does* highlight...
      I thought that maybe the Ctrl key goes up a few ms too soon in that one and increased AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDownDelay", 5) to way higher, but it doesn't make a difference.
      As it doesn't seem possible to do "^ down", could it be prevented in some way?
      Beside the slight annoyance, it simply alerted me that these seem to work differently [and of course, they are different].
      I also get the early impression that ControlSend [to copy] seems in no way quicker to get something on the clipboard, maybe even slower?
      Thanks