Sign in to follow this  
SkysLastChance

[Solved] ControlSend

SkysLastChance

How would I go about writing a IF Then statement if the conrol send fails?

Run ("Notepad.exe")
WinWaitActive ("Untitled - Notepad")
ControlSend("Untitled - Notepad", "", "Edit1", ("Provider Practice Record"))

I have been running into lag alot. So my script has been missing input. I would like to be able to have it retry to put in "Provider Practice Record" if it misses. 

I am assuming  a if then statement is what I need but I am not sure what ControlSend will return if it tries to send to Edit1 and it is not there. 

Or do I need to just add a timeout? 

Edited by SkysLastChance

Life's simple. You make choices and you don't look back.

SkysLastChance

I believe so. I will have to keep testing to see if it works. Thank you!

How did you know a failed value is 0? 

Life's simple. You make choices and you don't look back.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Spartan117
      By Spartan117
      Hi everyone,
      I am wondering if is there any autoit function that make the program ignore errors and move on and resume correct lines?
      Thank you
    • SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      Run("notepad.exe") GLOBAL $One = ('Line1' & _ 'Line2' & _ 'Line3' & _ 'Line4' & _ 'Line5') ClipPut($One) $Notepad = WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 10) ControlSend("Untitled - Notepad", "", "", ("^v")) Instead of having this paste as Line1Line2Line3Line4Line5
      How can I make it paste it into notepad as (without double spacing.)
      Line1
      Line2
      Line3
      Line4
      Line5
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi dear
      I have a question please
      Can we customize error messages in autoit script?
      I mean internal error messages
      for example
      AutoIt Error
      Line 4  (File "D:\my projects\NVDA Manager\New AutoIt v3
      Script.au3"):
      $script[1] = 1
      $script^ ERROR
      Error: Subscript used on non-accessible variable.
      For example, I want to customize this message
      Is this possible?
      am waiting for your answers
    • AnonymousX
      By AnonymousX
      Hello,
      I'm trying to make a program that can look at a folder directory, find all the CSV files, and then add the data from CSV's to an array. 
      The problem I seem to be running into is on the 2nd iteration (2nd file) when the script will not create an array. Could someone please help? Thanks in advance

#include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Excel.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Global $MasterArray RefineData() Func RefineData() Local $i, $filenum, $file, $csvArray, $sFilePath = @ScriptDir $fileList = _FileListToArrayRec($sFilePath, "*.csv", 1) ;Create and array of all .csv files within folder ;=====Loop through the .csv files within the folder====== For $filenum = 1 To UBound($fileList) - 1 Step 1 $file = $fileList[$filenum] $sFilePath = $sFilePath & "\" & $file ;=====Create array based on csv file===== _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $csvArray, $FRTA_NOCOUNT, ",") _ArrayDisplay($csvArray,"File: " & $filenum) If $filenum = 1 Then $MasterArray = $csvArray _ArrayDisplay($MasterArray, "Master") Else $MasterArray = _ArrayColInsert($MasterArray, UBound($MasterArray)) ;want column added at end For $i = 0 To UBound($MasterArray)-1 Step 1 $MasterArray[$i][UBound($MasterArray) - 1] = $csvArray[$i][4] Next _ArrayDisplay($MasterArray, "Master") EndIf Next EndFunc ;==>RefineData  
    • ur
      By ur
      In the autoit file, if we add multiple libraries (both internal and custom created one)

When we compile the code and run the exe, some time we are getting runtime errors.
      But the line number of error is not showing the exact line number, might be it is including the line number count of libraries also.
      Can you please suggest how to get the exact error line number.
      So, it will be useful for debugging.