Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SkysLastChance

[Solved] ControlSend

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

How would I go about writing a IF Then statement if the conrol send fails?

Run ("Notepad.exe")
WinWaitActive ("Untitled - Notepad")
ControlSend("Untitled - Notepad", "", "Edit1", ("Provider Practice Record"))

I have been running into lag alot. So my script has been missing input. I would like to be able to have it retry to put in "Provider Practice Record" if it misses. 

I am assuming  a if then statement is what I need but I am not sure what ControlSend will return if it tries to send to Edit1 and it is not there. 

Or do I need to just add a timeout? 

Edited by SkysLastChance

Life's simple. You make choices and you don't look back.

Run ("Notepad.exe")
WinWaitActive ("Untitled - Notepad")
If ControlSend("Untitled - Notepad", "", "Edit1", ("Provider Practice Record")) = 0 Then
    ; Do Something
EndIf

Does this help you?

1 person likes this

I believe so. I will have to keep testing to see if it works. Thank you!

How did you know a failed value is 0? 

Life's simple. You make choices and you don't look back.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• nikink
      By nikink
      Hi all,
      I have a bit of code that works on my old Win10 PC, that fails on my new Win10 PC, and I think the only significant difference is the version of Autoit - old PC has 3.3.12, new has 3.3.14.
      I couldn't find anything mentioned in the change logs though, so perhaps I'm wrong.
      Anyway, the code to replicate my issue is:
      Test('username', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test(' ', ' ') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', 'DOMAIN') Func Test($un, $dom) $compName = 'PCNAME' $FullName = '.' $Description = '.' ; get the WIM object $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $compName & "\root\cimv2") ; get default user full name and description $objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") If IsObj($objAccount) Then $FullName = $objAccount.FullName $Description = $objAccount.Description EndIf ConsoleWrite($FullName & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($Description & @CRLF) Return EndFunc  
      On my old PC this code will output just . and . for each of those line currently commented out. Which is fine.
      On my new PC any of those commented out lines of code cause an error, and the script won't even compile.
      $objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") $objAccount = $objWMIService^ ERROR I'm very much a newb with the WMI stuff and objects, but it looks like the .Get property is failing when either $un or $dom aren't valid in v3.3.14, whereas in 3.3.12 the .Get would fail to return an object, which is then caught by the If statement.
      Am I on track with this? Is there some new/better way to code the example so that 3.3.14 will compile it?
    • lganta
      By lganta
      Hello!
      I created some scripts for a simple farming bot a few years ago and they rely on ControlSend.
      A year ago I quit that game and then installed Windows 10 (was using windows 7).
      Recently I installed that game and tried running them again and they seem to work (I have some messages displayed on the screen with the state of the bot ), except for the ControlSend part (which obviously is crucial).
      I started debugging the scripts so I created a basic script that makes use of Send. I tested this with Notepad in focus and works just fine and then with my game window in focus and it didn't work (it's supposed to write that text in an input box from the game).
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Sleep(3000); Send("some text"); MsgBox($MB_OK, "Notification", "Control was sent!");  
      Is there a way for the creators of the game to create some kind of security system against this? Or something happens because I updated to Windows 10?
      Is there something I'm missing?
      Thank you!
    • rawkhopper
      By rawkhopper
      Hello everyone,
      I have a script that is automating a piece of sluggish software.  I want to automate it with a bit of caution and I am not sure the best way to do it.  ControlSend works great most of the time.  If I have it enter 10 into a text box every once in a while it will enter 1 or 11 and then hit enter.
      To overcome this I use MouseClick to select the text I just entered and then see if it matches the string it was supposed to put in before it hits enter.  This seems to work but what I love about ControlSend is there is less room for human interaction messing it up.  
      Yes I could block input but I prefer not to do that (permissions).
      Is there a better way of doing this?  Any Help would be much appreciated.
      Anyway here is the snippet of the script in question:
      Func KVSend () WinActivate ( "Window", "" ) Local $WindowPos = WinGetPos("Window", "") If $kV < 30 Then WinActivate ( "Window", "" ) ControlClick ("Window", "", 1001) ;Click in Accel Voltage box Sleep (100) ControlSend ("Window", "", 1001, $kV) ; \ kV Sleep (100) MouseMove($WindowPos[0]+130,$WindowPos[1]+75,1) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT) Send ("^c") Local $clip = ClipGet () If $clip = $kV Then ControlSend ("Window", "", 1001, "{ENTER}") ;Hit ENTER if value is correct Sleep (100) ControlClick ("Window", "", 1518) ;Lens Clear Else Send ("{BACKSPACE}") KVSend() ; If value is incorrect try again EndIf EndIf  
    • argumentum
      By argumentum
      UDF to intercept the error window of AutoIt, showing more details about the error, including ability to save and send by email!
    • SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I get this error, Whenever I try to find a date. Does anyone have any idea why? I saw some post from 2015, However I would imagine this is fixed by now. @water
      >"J:\Temporary Files\XXXXXXXXX\AutoIt\AutoIt\AutoIt\SciTe\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\Users\XXXXXX\Desktop\Call Report Automation.au3"     "J:\Temporary Files\XXXXXXXX\AutoIt\AutoIt\AutoIt\Include\Excel.au3" (656) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.: $aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch.Name.Name $aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch^ ERROR >Exit code: 1    Time: 5.791 #include <Excel.au3> Global $sExcelFile1 = FileOpenDialog("Choose/Create Excel File", @ScriptDir, "(*.xlsm)") Global $sExcelFile2 = FileOpenDialog("Choose/Create Excel File", @ScriptDir, "Excel Sheet (*.xlsx;*.xls)|All (*.*)") If FileExists($sExcelFile2) Then Global $oExcel2 = _Excel_Open () $oExcel2 = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel2,$sExcelFile2) EndIF If FileExists($sExcelFile1) Then Global $oExcel1 = _Excel_Open () $oExcel1 = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel1,$sExcelFile1,Default,Default,"2007") EndIF $oRead = _Excel_RangeRead ($oExcel2,Default,"A2",3) _Excel_RangeWrite ($oExcel1,"Calls Handled",$oRead,"BY7") Sleep (1000) _Excel_RangeFind ($oExcel1,$oRead,"E4:FD92") MsgBox (0,"Test",$oRead) UPDATE:
      If I take out this line it works. By works I mean I don't get the error. :/  However, I need it. I am just confused.
      _Excel_RangeWrite ($oExcel1,"Calls Handled",$oRead,"BY7")  
      UPDATE 2: I also get this error when trying to use the helpfile examples. I have version 3.3.14.2
      \AutoIt\AutoIt\AutoIt\Include\Excel.au3" (670) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.: $oSheet = $oWorkbook.Sheets($iIndexSheets) $oSheet = $oWorkbook^ ERROR >Exit code: 1 Time: 0.8931