Renderer

AutoIT connect to wifi network

8 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

Hello there! Is there any posibility to connect to a wifi network via AutoIt? Is there any COM Object able to do that? 

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

On 12.04.2017 at 1:44 PM, JLogan3o13 said:

yes, you can use netsh, look at the connect command:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755301(v=ws.10).aspx

I think this command only allows me to connect to the networks i've got in the "Manage Wireless Networks" list. I can't connect to different wifi networks, that require a password.

Edited by Renderer

#4 ·  Posted

Apologies, you stated "connect to wifi"; didn't realize you were after connecting to a new network, passing SSID, password, etc. The only way I have accomplished this is when doing it for a large number of machines: you configure it once manually, then export the config with netsh, then import on all your other machines. It doesn't sound like that is what you are after, however.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

#5 ·  Posted

14 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Apologies, you stated "connect to wifi"; didn't realize you were after connecting to a new network, passing SSID, password, etc. The only way I have accomplished this is when doing it for a large number of machines: you configure it once manually, then export the config with netsh, then import on all your other machines. It doesn't sound like that is what you are after, however.

Let's assume i've got a new network on my list,that is not mine. Does your advices apply on this situation too? And let's assume i know the password too. How do i connect to the new network i've just discovered,with the given data (network name and password). 

Thanks for your previous answers.

#6 ·  Posted

Again, the only way I know of doing it is to do so manually, then export the wifi profile using netsh. If you are looking to do it on only one device, however, that doesn't help you much. The only other option would be an attempt to manipulate the Manage Wireless Networks control panel item, which I have never had need to do, personally. Someone else may wander along with other suggestions.

#8 ·  Posted

The first link does precisely what I am suggesting to do natively, connects through an existing (exported) profile. The sourceforge project states it can only connect if there is no authentication (open network). I am unfamiliar with the arubnetworks tool, but am hesitant on any application that is so undocumented.