Guy_

[SOLVED] ControlSend "lights up my mouse pointer"

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Was testing ControlSend("My Window Name", "", "", "^c") vs the normal Send("^c") or _SendEx("^c") to copy selected text from a window...

In Windows, I have a setting that when I click the Ctrl key only, my mouse pointer is "highlighted" [that I could of course disable].

If I use Send("^c"), or do this manually, the mouse pointer is never highlighted, as I wish it to be.

With ControlSend it *does* highlight...

I thought that maybe the Ctrl key goes up a few ms too soon in that one and increased AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDownDelay", 5) to way higher, but it doesn't make a difference.

As it doesn't seem possible to do "^ down", could it be prevented in some way?

Beside the slight annoyance, it simply alerted me that these seem to work differently [and of course, they are different].

I also get the early impression that ControlSend [to copy] seems in no way quicker to get something on the clipboard, maybe even slower?

Thanks  :)

Edited by Guy_

#2 ·  Posted

{CTRLDOWN} *does* exist, so it was solved by ...

ControlSend("My Window Name", "", "", "{CTRLDOWN}c{CTRLUP}")

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• rawkhopper
      By rawkhopper
      Hello everyone,
      I have a script that is automating a piece of sluggish software.  I want to automate it with a bit of caution and I am not sure the best way to do it.  ControlSend works great most of the time.  If I have it enter 10 into a text box every once in a while it will enter 1 or 11 and then hit enter.
      To overcome this I use MouseClick to select the text I just entered and then see if it matches the string it was supposed to put in before it hits enter.  This seems to work but what I love about ControlSend is there is less room for human interaction messing it up.  
      Yes I could block input but I prefer not to do that (permissions).
      Is there a better way of doing this?  Any Help would be much appreciated.
      Anyway here is the snippet of the script in question:
      Func KVSend () WinActivate ( "Window", "" ) Local $WindowPos = WinGetPos("Window", "") If $kV < 30 Then WinActivate ( "Window", "" ) ControlClick ("Window", "", 1001) ;Click in Accel Voltage box Sleep (100) ControlSend ("Window", "", 1001, $kV) ; \ kV Sleep (100) MouseMove($WindowPos[0]+130,$WindowPos[1]+75,1) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT) Send ("^c") Local $clip = ClipGet () If $clip = $kV Then ControlSend ("Window", "", 1001, "{ENTER}") ;Hit ENTER if value is correct Sleep (100) ControlClick ("Window", "", 1518) ;Lens Clear Else Send ("{BACKSPACE}") KVSend() ; If value is incorrect try again EndIf EndIf  
    • magmet00
      By magmet00
      Do you have a working imagesearch.au3 with working dll?
      and how can i gethandle and send keyboard/mouse commands to hidden d3d window?

i have tried imagesearch2015 but im getting dll error every time and tried older imagesearchs too in forum what i found.
      i have tried many things to send commands to hidden/background d3dwindow still nothing works.
      Can you help me please?

• SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      How would I go about writing a IF Then statement if the conrol send fails?
      Run ("Notepad.exe") WinWaitActive ("Untitled - Notepad") ControlSend("Untitled - Notepad", "", "Edit1", ("Provider Practice Record")) I have been running into lag alot. So my script has been missing input. I would like to be able to have it retry to put in "Provider Practice Record" if it misses. 
      I am assuming  a if then statement is what I need but I am not sure what ControlSend will return if it tries to send to Edit1 and it is not there. 
      Or do I need to just add a timeout? 

• SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      Okay so I am not sure if I can do this or not with the code I currently have but, I would like to send lastname and the first name with a comma inbetween. 
      so it would look like "last name,first name" 
      right now I just have it sending the last name.
      any help or sugestions are appreciated. 

$r = 1 Local $aArray = _Excel_RangeRead($oExcel, Default, Default) For $i = 1 To UBound($aArray) - 1 ;$i =0 Start from row A $sR1 = $aArray[$i][0] ;status $sR2 = $aArray[$i][1] ;first name $sR3 = $aArray[$i][2] ;Last name $sR5 = $aArray[$i][5] ;Email Address WinWaitActive ("[CLASS:MGUIWin]") Sleep (100) ControlSend("[CLASS:MGUIWin]", "", "Edit2", $sR3, & @CR) $r = $r + 1 If $r > $sBox Then Exit Endif Next  
    • initspawn
      By initspawn
      Hello,
      I've been trying to automate a process to check in the GUI of a Java program for a certain condition. When I use the Autoit Window information tool I don't get anything under the control tab, which seems to be normal for a Java program. I've been able to automate what I need using ControlSend and checking for the condition using ImageSearch but the Java program will not accept ControlSend unless it is the active window. I'd like to run the script while the window is inactive so I can still use the PC but haven't been able to come up with a solution other than a virtual machine. I even tried sysinternals desktops to create a second virtual desktop but that just causes WinActivate to return a failure after you switch to another virtual desktop. Does anyone have any ideas for getting a window to think its active when its not or an alternative to ControlSend that may work?
      Thanks.