Sign in to follow this  
Guy_

[SOLVED] ControlSend "lights up my mouse pointer"

Was testing ControlSend("My Window Name", "", "", "^c") vs the normal Send("^c") or _SendEx("^c") to copy selected text from a window...

In Windows, I have a setting that when I click the Ctrl key only, my mouse pointer is "highlighted" [that I could of course disable].

If I use Send("^c"), or do this manually, the mouse pointer is never highlighted, as I wish it to be.

With ControlSend it *does* highlight...

I thought that maybe the Ctrl key goes up a few ms too soon in that one and increased AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDownDelay", 5) to way higher, but it doesn't make a difference.

As it doesn't seem possible to do "^ down", could it be prevented in some way?

Beside the slight annoyance, it simply alerted me that these seem to work differently [and of course, they are different].

I also get the early impression that ControlSend [to copy] seems in no way quicker to get something on the clipboard, maybe even slower?

Thanks  :)

Edited by Guy_

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bhooshan
      I need to mute an ongoing call on Microsoft teams without activating the window. Teams allows us to mute using shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+m but only when the window is active.
      # Used set option as ongoing call can be with any person which leads to change in Title Name.
      AutoItSetOption ( "WinTitleMatchMode", 2 ) 
      # I am not clear with the control ID which will be good to use here and also the key combination of ^M       
      ControlSend ( "Microsoft Teams", "", "[CLASS:Intermediate D3D Window; INSTANCE:1]", "{ctrl down}")

Can anyone help...!!! 

• By Htps
      1. How do I make a multiple minimized windows at once believe I am holding down a key for like 5 seconds?
      I know I can send minimized windows a key press with ControlSend.
      What hat would be the way to simulate a 'humanly' held down key to a few minimized windows? 

2. How come: if I compare a handle's hexa value and the actual handler, I get false
      For example: when the Notepad's handler value is 0x00000000000CFFFF, I always get the message box.

if(NOT(0x00000000000C0664 == WinGetHandle("Untitled - Notepad"))) Then MsgBox(0,"swi","0x00000000000CFFFF" & @CRLF & "lmao" & @CRLF & WinGetHandle("Untitled - Notepad")) EndIf  
      Why does that happen? also I can't use hexadecimal value as a handler when I use the ControlSend function.
    • By SkysLastChance
      I must be missing something. I have had this problem multiple times. Why does F6 key not send 6 times?  
      Not working 
      ControlSend("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "", ("{F6 6}")) Working
      ControlSend("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "", ("{F6}")) ControlSend("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "", ("{F6}")) ControlSend("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "", ("{F6}")) ControlSend("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "", ("{F6}")) ControlSend("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "", ("{F6}")) ControlSend("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "", ("{F6}"))  
    • By faustf
      hi guys
      i have a script  like this,  in windows 7 work perfect , in windows 10 not  work  , some one can explain me  why ??'
      #include <Array.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Global $aGPathFoto= FileReadToArray (@ScriptDir & "\TEMP\PathFoto.txt") Local $ctrl = 0 While 1 Local $hWnd = WinWait("[CLASS:#32770]", "", 10) If WinExists("[CLASS:#32770]") Then If $ctrl < 2 Then ControlSend($hWnd, "Choose File to Upload", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]", $aGPathFoto[0]&"{Enter}") Exit $ctrl += 1 Else ExitLoop EndIf EndIf WEnd $aGpathfoto = C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\Chrysanthemum.jpg
    • By SkysLastChance
      Run("notepad.exe") GLOBAL $One = ('Line1' & _ 'Line2' & _ 'Line3' & _ 'Line4' & _ 'Line5') ClipPut($One) $Notepad = WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 10) ControlSend("Untitled - Notepad", "", "", ("^v")) Instead of having this paste as Line1Line2Line3Line4Line5
      How can I make it paste it into notepad as (without double spacing.)
      Line1
      Line2
      Line3
      Line4
      Line5