SkysLastChance

Single Key Repeated Not Working

I must be missing something. I have had this problem multiple times. Why does F6 key not send 6 times?  

Not working 

ControlSend("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "", ("{F6 6}"))

Working

ControlSend("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "", ("{F6}"))

Life's simple. You make choices and you don't look back.

You haven't specified a Control you want to send the key to.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2019-08-19 - Version 1.4.13.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-07-24 - Version 1.3.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (NEW 2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

17 hours ago, SkysLastChance said:

ControlSend("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "", ("{F6 6}"))

Should work, even without a control, I tested it on notepad.  Only reason I could think is you dont have focus on the right window.

BTW parenthesis are useless.  But it is not the problem :lol:

Edited by Nine

If you do not specify a Control, which Control gets the keys I send? The first, the active one ...?
Haven't found anything in the help file (but I'm old and blind ;) )

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2019-08-19 - Version 1.4.13.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-07-24 - Version 1.3.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (NEW 2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

@SkysLastChance

Maybe the repetitive keys are being sent so quickly that the application cannot recognize or process them.  The default value for the SendKeyDelay is 5 ms.  You could try adjusting the delay to something a little more human-like, maybe:

Opt('SendKeyDelay', 200)            ; Default = 5 milliseconds

Edited by TheXman

47 minutes ago, water said:

If you do not specify a Control, which Control gets the keys I send?

[CLASS:#32770] seems to me like message box or an input box (could be a save file box by the use of F6).  So there should be only one at a time (normally).

13 minutes ago, TheXman said:

Maybe the repetitive keys are being sent so quickly that the application cannot recognize or process them.

Not a bad idea but I trust the keys sent by controlsend are all buffered.  But worth a try.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Htps
      1. How do I make a multiple minimized windows at once believe I am holding down a key for like 5 seconds?
      I know I can send minimized windows a key press with ControlSend.
      What hat would be the way to simulate a 'humanly' held down key to a few minimized windows? 

2. How come: if I compare a handle's hexa value and the actual handler, I get false
      For example: when the Notepad's handler value is 0x00000000000CFFFF, I always get the message box.

if(NOT(0x00000000000C0664 == WinGetHandle("Untitled - Notepad"))) Then MsgBox(0,"swi","0x00000000000CFFFF" & @CRLF & "lmao" & @CRLF & WinGetHandle("Untitled - Notepad")) EndIf  
      Why does that happen? also I can't use hexadecimal value as a handler when I use the ControlSend function.
    • By faustf
      hi guys
      i have a script  like this,  in windows 7 work perfect , in windows 10 not  work  , some one can explain me  why ??'
      #include <Array.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Global $aGPathFoto= FileReadToArray (@ScriptDir & "\TEMP\PathFoto.txt") Local $ctrl = 0 While 1 Local $hWnd = WinWait("[CLASS:#32770]", "", 10) If WinExists("[CLASS:#32770]") Then If $ctrl < 2 Then ControlSend($hWnd, "Choose File to Upload", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]", $aGPathFoto[0]&"{Enter}") Exit $ctrl += 1 Else ExitLoop EndIf EndIf WEnd $aGpathfoto = C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\Chrysanthemum.jpg
    • By SkysLastChance
      Run("notepad.exe") GLOBAL $One = ('Line1' & _ 'Line2' & _ 'Line3' & _ 'Line4' & _ 'Line5') ClipPut($One) $Notepad = WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 10) ControlSend("Untitled - Notepad", "", "", ("^v")) Instead of having this paste as Line1Line2Line3Line4Line5
      How can I make it paste it into notepad as (without double spacing.)
      Line1
      Line2
      Line3
      Line4
      Line5
    • By lganta
      Hello!
      I created some scripts for a simple farming bot a few years ago and they rely on ControlSend.
      A year ago I quit that game and then installed Windows 10 (was using windows 7).
      Recently I installed that game and tried running them again and they seem to work (I have some messages displayed on the screen with the state of the bot ), except for the ControlSend part (which obviously is crucial).
      I started debugging the scripts so I created a basic script that makes use of Send. I tested this with Notepad in focus and works just fine and then with my game window in focus and it didn't work (it's supposed to write that text in an input box from the game).
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Sleep(3000); Send("some text"); MsgBox($MB_OK, "Notification", "Control was sent!");  
      Is there a way for the creators of the game to create some kind of security system against this? Or something happens because I updated to Windows 10?
      Is there something I'm missing?
      Thank you!
    • By rawkhopper
      Hello everyone,
      I have a script that is automating a piece of sluggish software.  I want to automate it with a bit of caution and I am not sure the best way to do it.  ControlSend works great most of the time.  If I have it enter 10 into a text box every once in a while it will enter 1 or 11 and then hit enter.
      To overcome this I use MouseClick to select the text I just entered and then see if it matches the string it was supposed to put in before it hits enter.  This seems to work but what I love about ControlSend is there is less room for human interaction messing it up.  
      Yes I could block input but I prefer not to do that (permissions).
      Is there a better way of doing this?  Any Help would be much appreciated.
      Anyway here is the snippet of the script in question:
      Func KVSend () WinActivate ( "Window", "" ) Local $WindowPos = WinGetPos("Window", "") If $kV < 30 Then WinActivate ( "Window", "" ) ControlClick ("Window", "", 1001) ;Click in Accel Voltage box Sleep (100) ControlSend ("Window", "", 1001, $kV) ; \ kV Sleep (100) MouseMove($WindowPos[0]+130,$WindowPos[1]+75,1) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT) Send ("^c") Local $clip = ClipGet () If $clip = $kV Then ControlSend ("Window", "", 1001, "{ENTER}") ;Hit ENTER if value is correct Sleep (100) ControlClick ("Window", "", 1518) ;Lens Clear Else Send ("{BACKSPACE}") KVSend() ; If value is incorrect try again EndIf EndIf