water

Outlook: Import iCal events

FrancescoDiMuro

@water

It surely could be a good feature to add to your (already) amazing Outlook UDF :)

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

Thoughts:

• I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
    I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
    By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Skysnake

importing iCal would make my life a lot easier. :)

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

water

Hope I can soon provide an early alpha Version :) 

Edit: For download please see my signature ;)

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
iCal (2019-01-22 - Version 0.1.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Starstar

Great idea

Life is like a coin. You can spend it Anyway as you wish and for your kind information. "you can spend it only once."

water

First alpha test script:

Edit: For download please see my signature ;)

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

water

Version 0.1 released. Edit: For download please see my signature ;)

ADDED:

• Supports the DURATION property
Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

water

Please post example .ics files you would like to import to Outlook.
So I can check and add the properties still missing in my UDF.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

water

Do you think it is sensible to implement a callback function so you can decide how to process each event from an iCal file?
An array holding the properties to create the Outlook event item would be passed to the function (read only) .
You can then decide how to continue processing by setting @error:

0 - Create the Outlook event item
1 - Do not create the Outlook event item - continue processing the next event
2 - cancel processing the iCal file and return to the calling function

• Like 1

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

argumentum
2 hours ago, water said:

think it is sensible to implement a callback function so you can decide how to process each event

Yeap  :)

water

Great :) WIll be added.

• Thanks 1

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

water

Version 0.2.0.0 of the UDF has been uploaded. Have fun :)

• Like 1

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

water

At the moment the UDF only supports "floating" DATE-TIME values as described in the RFC (Section 3.3.5. - FORM #1: DATE WITH LOCAL TIME).
Support for UTC will follow quite soon (Same section - FORM #2: DATE WITH UTC TIME).

Is there a need for FORM #3: DATE WITH LOCAL TIME AND TIME ZONE REFERENCE (e.g. DTSTART;TZID=America/New_York:19970714T133000)?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

argumentum
6 hours ago, water said:

Is there a need for .......

If is within possibility, the more complete, the better  :)

water

I will do my very best ;)

Next on the list:

• VCard import
  • Putting everything together into a single UDF (iCal import, VCF import etc.) and rename the thing to OutlookTools.au3.
  • Add timezone support

What do you think?

• Like 2

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

FrancescoDiMuro

@water

MVP is not enough ^_^

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

Thoughts:

• I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
    I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
    By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

water

:)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki