AD - Active Directory UDF 1.4.6.0

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Extensive library to control and manipulate Microsoft Active Directory.

Threads: Development - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki

BTW: If you like this UDF please click the "I like this" button. This tells me where to next put my development effort :)

What's New in Version 1.4.6.0

Released

FIXED BUGS

• _AD_GetObjectProperties: Did not process all string type property values. You got message "Has the unknown ADsType: n"

9 people like this

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

willichan

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This is one of my three top used UDFs at the office, and has GREATLY simplified data gathering for some very complex reports, as well as automating several tasks.  I have even been able to free up one admin completely from our annual security audit process (for which he is also very grateful) thanks to the use of your UDF!

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
Quantumation

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Extremely useful for Sys admins or even just an engineer to manipulate AD data or Data Collections.

Tests are simple and code is simple to read and modify. If you work with anyone who doesn't know much about AD building a GUI with this UDF is very helpful.

Great Job @water

1 person likes this

Share this review

Link to review
  • Similar Content

• water
      ADCU - Active Directory Compare Users
      By water
      ADCU displays two Active Directory users and their group membership in two listviews. You can filter and export the data to Excel, Outlook mail and the clipboard.
      Before running the script you need to change file AD-Tools.ini and function _Check_Access in AD-Tools_User.au3.
      BTW: If you like this UDF please click the "I like this" button. This tells me where to next put my development effort
      Needs to be run with the latest AutoIt production version (>= 3.3.12.0).
      Needs to be run with the latest version of the AD UDF (>= 1.4.2.0).
    • water
      ADCG - Active Directory Compare Groups
      By water
      ADCG displays two Active Directory groups and their direct members in two listviews. You can filter and export the data to Excel, Outlook mail and the clipboard.
      Before running the script you need to change file AD-Tools.ini and function _Check_Access in AD-Tools_User.au3.
      BTW: If you like this UDF please click the "I like this" button. This tells me where to next put my development effort
      Needs to be run with the latest AutoIt production version (>= 3.3.12.0).
      Needs to be run with the latest version of the AD UDF (>= 1.4.2.0).
    • DavidLago
      Trying to dev a script to calculate Active Directory Authentication Time
      By DavidLago
      Hello. 
      I have 5 DCs, and I need to create a scheduled task to run a script that will test the authentication time for each one of them, once every minute. (Then I'll use it within a log analyser to create graphics).
      I came up with a script using the great AD UDF (by water). First I tried using "for" and an array, but something was messing up the results, then I went for the dumb old fashioned way:
      #Include <ad.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Global $AdTestTime = "" Global $Timer1, $Timer2, $Timer3, $Timer4, $Timer5 = "" Global $sAD1 = "MYSERVER109" Global $sAD2 = "MYSERVER110" Global $sAD3 = "MYSERVER111" Global $sAD4 = "MYSERVER112" Global $sAD5 = "MYSERVER113" $Timer1 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD1) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff1 = TimerDiff($Timer1) $Timer2 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD2) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff2 = TimerDiff($Timer2) $Timer3 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD3) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff3 = TimerDiff($Timer3) $Timer4 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD4) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff4 = TimerDiff($Timer4) $Timer5 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD5) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff5 = TimerDiff($Timer5) MsgBox(0,"", "MYSERVER109=" & $fDiff1) MsgBox(0,"", "MYSERVER110=" & $fDiff2) MsgBox(0,"", "MYSERVER111=" & $fDiff3) MsgBox(0,"", "MYSERVER112=" & $fDiff4) MsgBox(0,"", "MYSERVER113=" & $fDiff5) Still, something is off here. 
      The first AD to be tested is always the slowest one, by far, like 20 times slower. Then I started to suspect that the first one starts the "negotiation", and the following ones ride the gravy train.
      If I repeat the first code twice, All servers seem to have a similar result.
      $Timer1 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD1) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff1 = TimerDiff($Timer1) $Timer1 = Timerinit() _AD_Open("", "", $sAD1) _AD_Close() Local $fDiff1 = TimerDiff($Timer1) $Timer2.... Am I right?
      Also, is there a better way to test the authentication time?
      Thanks for the help.
      - Dave
    • water
      Active Directory UDF
      By water
      I have converted and extended the adfunctions.au3 written by Jonathan Clelland to a full AutoIt UDF including help file, examples, ScITE integration etc.
      The example scripts should run fine without changes.

2016-08-18: Version: 1.4.6.0
      As always: Please test before using in production!

KNOWN BUGS: (Last changed: )
      None
      AD 1.4.6.0.zip For AutoIt >= 3.3.12.0
      AD 1.4.0.0.zip other versions of AutoIt
    • water
      Active Directory UDF - Help & Support (III)
      By water
      As the Active Directory UDF - Help & Support thread has grown too big, I start a new one.
      The original thread can be found here.