Multiple Keyboards - HotKeySet - UDF

Nine

• 1 year later...

Hi!

Thank you for this UDF, I love It!

It seems you can not setup the same key on both keyboards at the same time, Is it intended?
If so, don't read anymore, thanks anyway.

EDIT:  I realized that it internally uses HotkeySet, so the same hotkey couldn't been registered two timese for different keyboards. I'm sorry.

If I setup {f1} hotkey for keyboard 1  and {f2} for keyboard 2, everything works perfectly, so:
- both keyboards works and they are detected
- There are no error registerings hotkeys.
- I get Console Messages for both hotkeys press

If I setup {f1} for both keyboards:
- It works for keyboard 1, I get Console Messages whenever I press {f1} on keyboard 1
- It doesn't work for keyboard 2, I don't get Console Message on this hotkey and keyboard 2

This code reproduce the problem:

#include <MKHKS-UDF.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>

_MKHKS_Initialize()

_MKHKS_Register_HotKey("{f1}", _keyb1, 1 )  
If @error Then ConsoleWrite("error " &  @error &  @CRLF)
_MKHKS_Register_HotKey("{f1}", _keyb2, 2 )  
If @error Then ConsoleWrite("error " &  @error &  @CRLF)

While 1
    sleep(50)
    _MKHKS_WaitForEvent()
    If _IsPressed("1B") Then  ; Esc
        Exit
    EndIf
Wend

Func _keyb1()
  ConsoleWrite("pressed F1 on keyb index 1"&  @CRLF)
EndFunc

Func _keyb2()
  ConsoleWrite("pressed F1 on keyb index 2 Dactyl manuform"&  @CRLF)
EndFunc

It seems  __MKHKS_FindKey function doesn't take in mind at what keyboard is registered that searched hotkey,
 so it finds the first one that was for Keyboard 1, and then, since The hDevice is not the same, it uses ControlSend.

Func __MKHKS_WM_INPUT:

Local $iHotKey = __MKHKS_FindKey($sMKHKS_HotKey)
  If ___MKHKS_FindKeyBoard($tRIH.hDevice) = $aMKHKS_HotKeySet[$iHotKey][2] Then
    If $aMKHKS_HotKeySet[$iHotKey][3] Then
      $iMKHKS_HotKeyPressed = $iHotKey + 1
    Else
      $aMKHKS_HotKeySet[$iHotKey][1]()
    EndIf
  Else
    ControlSend("", "", "", $sMKHKS_HotKey)
  EndIf

I Think __MKHKS_FindKey needs a second parameter (keyboard hDevice) so it only search the hotkey on the desired Keyboard hDevice. Am I right?

Edited by Lepes

@Lepes Glad you like my UDF.

As of today I would consider it a bug, since it registers both keyboards for the same key (F1 in your example).  Now I believe it would be quite easy to implement your suggestion.  Only drawback is that you would need to specify a keyboard in _MKHKS_UnRegister_HotKey (I could allow no specification and all keyboards would be unregistered).

Just curious what the others think about your idea.

Meanwhile, I'll think of the best solution (either a bug or an enhancement).

Thanks anyway for the report. 

Thank you very much!! I really appreciate your time and effort.

"Everyone said" that this was imposible, because Windows USB keyboard Management is transparent and you can not identify what keypress belong to a specific hardware.

I have been trying to achieve this for almost a year now, since I 3DPrinted and built a handwired Dactyl manuform 4x6. I am not sure if you realize what you have done here: To achieve this I need to craft a new keyboard (buy switches, keycaps, diodes, weld everything) configure QMK firmware to assign differents functions to each keys and use a dedicated Arduino Pro-Micro for this secondary macro keyboard.

Once I did everything, I got two problems:
- You can not create new virtual key codes. You are sticked to remap existings ones, the only availables are from F13 to F24
- Since the firmware is inside your macro keyboard, it knows nothing about Windows OS. I don't want to change keyboard/mouse layers manually everytime I change from Mozilla Firefox to Blender, to FreeCommander and so on. I want AutoIt detects the active window and remaps everything on the fly.

This UDF allows to connect any cheap keyboard and use it as a control panel, it is not just a keyboard anymore (although you can), It is a custom macro keyboard, you can program any key to do whatever you want.

The best part is that your main keyboard is not affected. I mean, if you map F5 for an Autoit function, you can not press F5 anymore to update mozilla webpage. You need to pause your AutoIt script to use F5 native function. Now you have two different F5 keys, Problem solved!!

It is exactly the same if you have a programmable mouse buttons and the mouse software doesn't fit your needs. I map Mouse Buttons to fixed functions keys (F1..F12) and then AutoIt remaps on the fly based on the active window, but it also remap my main keyboard, something I didn't like.

;File Generated with OdsToArray.au3 from 'Mapeado.ods' file
#Region ; $aTable
Global Const $WIN =  0 , $HOT =  1 , $SEN = 2 ,  $FUN =  3 ,  $HEL =  4  ; COLS constants
;Wintitle                      , HotKeySet           , ControlSend         , Function            , Help                          

Global $aTable[][] = [ _ 
["Mozilla"                     , "{f1}"              , "^+{TAB}"           , ""                  , "prior tab"                   ], _ 
["Mozilla"                     , "{f2}"              , "^{TAB}"            , ""                  , "next tab"                    ], _ 
["Mozilla"                     , "{f3}"              , "^w"                , ""                  , "close tab"                   ], _ 
["Mozilla"                     , "{f4}"              , "^c"                , ""                  , "copy text"                   ], _ 
["Mozilla"                     , "{f5}"              , "^x"                , ""                  , "cut text"                    ], _ 
["Mozilla"                     , "{f6}"              , "^v"                , ""                  , "paste text"                  ], _ 
["Mozilla"                     , "+{f4}"             , ""                  , "copyWebLink"       , "copy Web link"               ], _ 
["Mozilla"                     , "!{f4}"             , ""                  , "addWebLink"        , "Add new Web link"            ], _ 
["Mozilla"                     , "{f7}"              , ""                  , "TranslateWord"     , "translate from English"      ], _ 
["Mozilla"                     , "{f10}"             , ""                  , "GoogleText"        , ""                            ], _ 
["Blender"                     , "{f1}"              , "+s"                , ""                  , "Cursor a selección"          ], _ 
["Blender"                     , "{f2}"              , "{NUMPADDIV}"       , ""                  , "vista Local/Global"          ], _ 
["Blender"                     , "{f3}"              , "h"                 , ""                  , "Ocultar"                     ], _ 
["Blender"                     , "{f4}"              , "{NUMPAD1}"         , ""                  , "vista frontal"               ], _ 
["Blender"                     , "^{f4}"             , "^{NUMPAD1}"        , ""                  , "vista trasera"               ], _ 
["Blender"                     , "{f5}"              , "{NUMPAD3}"         , ""                  , "vista derecha"               ], _ 
["Blender"                     , "^{f5}"             , "{NUMPAD3}"         , ""                  , "vista izquierda"             ], _ 
["Blender"                     , "{f6}"              , "{NUMPAD7}"         , ""                  , "vista superior"              ], _ 
["Blender"                     , "^{f6}"             , "^{NUMPAD7}"        , ""                  , "vista inferior"              ], _ 
["Blender"                     , "{f10}"             , "{NUMPADDOT}"       , ""                  , "Focalizar selección"         ], _ 
["Blender"                     , "{left}"            , "1"                 , ""                  , "Vertices"                    ], _ 
["Blender"                     , "{Down}"            , "2"                 , ""                  , "Aristas"                     ], _ 
["Blender"                     , "{Right}"           , "3"                 , ""                  , "Caras"                       ], _

This UDF is a really good gift, Thank you and Merry Christmas!!

I'm having a problem here, while it shows that it catches the arrows, but it doesn't fire the function, unless I press another key

#include "MKHKS-UDF.au3" ;https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/205141-multiple-keyboards-hotkeyset-udf

Example()

;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Func Example()
    _MKHKS_Initialize(False) ;With True Show list of keyboards

_MKHKS_Register_HotKey("{LEFT}", goLEFT, 0) ;set hotkey to 1st keyboarb
    _MKHKS_Register_HotKey("{RIGHT}", goRIGHT, 0) ;set hotkey to 1st keyboarb

While True
        _MKHKS_WaitForEvent()
        Sleep(50)
    WEnd

EndFunc   ;==>Example

;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Func goLEFT()
    ConsoleWrite("goLEFT" & @CRLF)
EndFunc
Func goRIGHT()
    ConsoleWrite("goRIGHT" & @CRLF)
EndFunc

I know that I know nothing

@ioa747  Thanks for reporting.  I got same problem as you.  As of now, it seems there is a special treatment by Windows for those 2 keys.  I will need to investigate further although I still do not understand why Windows would do such a thing.