Nostarion

Joystick Button Press Counter

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

Hello AutoIt Forum!

Im Pat! To it then. So I've got a goal of creating a counter for my button presses on my joystick, and display it in a SplashTextOn window. I think I'm fairly close. I'm having trouble getting the counter to go up, or for the ControlSetText to work properly. I'm not a coder by any means, but I'm hoping I can get this working with some help. 

Here's what I have so far:

VarA := 1
Global $Counter = 0
Do
    SplashTextOn 300, 100, Mashometer, %VarA%
    Sleep, 420000
    2Joy1::
    VarA += 1
    ControlSetText Mashometer, "", "", %VarA%
Until $Counter = 5

Also if someone wouldn't mind explaining the color coding in the example code throughout the help files, that would probably be a big help. I was also having trouble finding separate lists of Commands vs Functions. I'm pretty sure my VarA is delcared, it was displaying on the SplashTextOn until I tried adding the Do Until. But yeah, thanks for any help in advance!

#2 ·  Posted

bump. 

#3 ·  Posted

also, to clarify when I say I can't get the counter to go up, I meant VarA, not $Counter. I'm trying to prevent $Counter from going up at all. And I did realized the Do should come after Sleep, so what I would think it should look like now is.

VarA := 1
Global $Counter = 0

SplashTextOn 300, 100, Mashometer, %VarA%
    Sleep, 420000
Do
    2Joy1::
    VarA += 1
    ControlSetText Mashometer, "", "", %VarA%
Until $Counter = 5

with this code the error I'm getting is:

Dtlejqn.jpg

Sorry I didn't provide the error message in the OP. I'm not 100% on etiquette on this site, or any coding site truthfully. Thanks for your patience. Have a good one.

#4 ·  Posted

Did you take this code from where, buddy? :) 

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Nostarion said:

I'm not 100% on etiquette on this site, or any coding site truthfully. 

We have this wonderful Wiki that can teach exactly that:

https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/Forum_FAQ

Please be sure to read the section on the forum rules, especially game automation. At present I am content to let things go as long as you're strictly counting number of button presses. Stray into the realm of automating a game, however, and the topic will be closed. Also, there is a section on forum etiquette, which includes not bumping your threads until you've waited at least 24 hours. That gives everyone a chance to look the topic over and respond with suggestions.

Edited by JLogan3o13

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!