Hanukka

Passing arrays to other scripts

7 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

Hello peeps, can any one please give an example of passing an array[1D] to another script, then read and display it. Thanks :)

#2 ·  Posted

1 hour ago, Hanukka said:

Hello peeps

(Peeps huh) ...

Hallo @Hanukka,

For starters: Why did you think the Examples forum would be the right forum to post your question after you read the forum purpose?

Jos

Moved.

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#3 ·  Posted

:P ...thanks for moving it to the right category @jos....I am new to this forum n b4 posting the question i found only 2 available options (for i guess the forum select) and the rest were greyed out...i just chose randomly. Also i dont know anything bout forum propose

#4 ·  Posted

#5 ·  Posted

@coffeeturtle..Thanks but I actually wanted to know if there was any way of doing this via cmd. Also i dont know about flat files but I could do it using the normal text file. But it is not as efficient as the cmd way. There is a method to pass normal variables using cmd, but i couldn't find one for arrays. :(

1 person likes this

#7 ·  Posted

Another way: _FileWriteFromArray() , _FileReadToArray()

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• DJKMan
      By DJKMan
      This script is fairly straightforward. If you ever worked with large files before then this may be of help. By large I mean files of 2 MB or so. Granted this doesn't sound so big but going through the file and parsing it to a 2D array all at once took an astronomical amount of time so I wrote my own function to handle this. I discovered that chunking a large array can boost the performance of iterating through the elements and theoretically this should maintain the performance no matter how large the array size is. I know there is room for improvement so please feel free to contribute! 
      Note: I wasn't able to fully test this on larger files such as 200 MB in size due to AutoIt complaining about an error allocating memory while executing _FileReadToArray(). Any help is appreciated.
      Features:
      Chunking (Performance will never degrade over time; I.E. Capable of parsing 200 lines or 20,000 and no performance hit will occur) Automatically re-sizes to dynamic columns  Preserves Columns while parsing FAST!!!!!! (I can parse a file that contains 24,000 lines with variable columns up to 8 columns and it will finish under a second.) Script:
      _ArrayTo2DArray.au3
      Example usage:
      Local $aExport ;Initialize array _FileReadToArray("LARGE TEXT.txt", $aExport) ;Returns 1D array of file Local $aSheet = _ArrayTo2DArray($aExport) ;Converts it to 2D Example Text File:
      LARGE TEXT.txt

This script was inspired by >this post.
      *Updated attachment: Minor bug fixes*

*UPDATE June 6, 2013: I apologize! I just realized I made a complete mess of the algorithm. I'm working on a fix now.*
      *UPDATE June 6, 2013: Bug fixed! It's attached in the post now.