Automate MSI installer not working

Hey Guys,

I have a MSI file which I've to install daily, I've written a small script that just runs msi file on script directory and clicks on next button. I've also tried with windows class type. I found mouse coordinates with auto it window and made sure that coord mode was window instead of default screen so there will be no mismatch for coordinates when I run this script on a different machine. I'm not getting any errors on running the script but nothing happens when I run.

SetupGSM.au3

• Moderators

Moved to the appropriate forum, as the DEV forum clearly states:

Do not create AutoIt-related topics here, use the AutoIt General Help and Support

@DNaidu as this is already an MSI, why not simply use the command-line arguments to install the application silently rather than trying to automate the install GUI? That is what the MSI format is intended for.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

As @JLogan3o13 said.

Try standard MSI install commands.

Something like.

msiexec.exe /i GSMSetup12062017.msi /qn /norestart

If that works (just use a cmd or a .bat file) let me know.

You can put it in AutoIt if you wanted, but unless you have more to do than just install that file, not much reason too.

I literally just created a silent msi installer wrapped in autoit about an hour ago that may be exactly what you are trying to do.

The reason I used AutoIT was the file name changes and I wanted to just update my dependencies and not the script.

#RequireAdmin
#Include <File.au3>
#Include <Array.au3>

$iDebug = 0
If $CmdLine[0] > 0 Then $iDebug = $CmdLine[1]

$aFiles = _FileListToArray(@ScriptDir, "ampagent*.msi")
If $iDebug = 1 Then _ArrayDisplay($aFiles)

RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c msiexec.exe /i ' & $aFiles[1] & ' HOST=*snip* /qn', "", @SW_HIDE)

You could replace ampagent*.msi with GSMSetup*.msi probably and then put it as a scheduled task or login script to run daily.

Edited by ViciousXUSMC