Sign in to follow this  
whiskas

Unhide Edge

whiskas

Hi all,

I just upgraded to windows 10 and am using Edge as my browser now. Updated my scripts, but I can not unhide a minimized Edge window with the script anymore.

WinSetState ( "titlle","", @SW_MAXIMIZE ) works fine, but not if it is minimized. Tried same with SW_SHOW, doesn't work.

WinExists("title","") -> returns 1, so it is finding my window.

WinWait($title,$text,$timeout)
        If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)
        WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)

Doesn't work also, so I think I tried all but cant get the window back :)

Any help would be appreciated

whiskas

found it

SW_SHOWNORMAL is showing it :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• tommytx
      By tommytx
      ConsoleWrite("Hello Dolly on Line 1" & @CRLF) #include <IE.au3> ConsoleWrite("Hello Dolly on Line 5" & @CRLF) Local $oIE = _IECreate("www.autoitscript.com") ConsoleWrite("Hello Dolly on Line 10" & @CRLF) Can anyone put me on the right track to troubleshoot this one.. the IE browser is not opening.. it is not my primary browser since FF is but that has not been a problem in the past.. it all seems to work including compile but the generation of the IE browser.. Never had any problem before.. below is the results of the run.. any ideas on where I might look.. that is the only error i get and its only after a 30 second delay.. I suppose a time out..

; >"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "G:\show_pos.au3\test.au3"
      ; Hello Dolly on Line 1
      ; Hello Dolly on Line 5
      ; --> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Error from function _IECreate,  (Browser Object Creation Failed)
      ; Hello Dolly on Line 10
      ; >Exit code: 0    Time: 30.46

• ohaya
      By ohaya
      Hi,
      I am still really new with AutoIT.  We are using it to automate logging into web sites and I have encountered problems with focus.  The target web page is configured to put the cursor into the first text field (username) when the page is loaded, and when I run the AutoIT script, which does the log in seems like it is just not starting where I expect it to be.  
      I have been kind of using ToolTip() to kind of help with debugging, but now I am wondering if the calls to ToolTip() are causing the focus to be messed up.  
      For example, at least visually, when the ToolTip() is called, I can see the cursor disappear from the web page text field and they when I do anything that is supposed to send keystrokes, they are going off somwhere else ("never-neverland").
      But when I remove some of the ToolTip() calls, it works correctly.
      So the questions I have are:
      1) Do the ToolTip() calls interfere with/change where the focus on the target page are?
      2) In general, what are the "rules" for where ToolTip can be used "safely" (== doesn't interfere with focus)?
      Thanks,
      Jim

• jwhausk
      By jwhausk
      Hi, I would like a script to open Edge and navigate to 2 different pages
      Open Edge tab 1 www.MyHomePage.com,  Tab 2 www.google.com
      Thank you, John
    • BlazerV60
      By BlazerV60
      Hello all,
      I've written the code below which launches chrome in incognito mode and then proceeds to go to the autoit website.
      From my understanding, the Run() command is also supposed to output the PID number related to the application that got launched from the Run command.
      However when I run the below lines, it outputs a PID number that is different from the newly launched chrome browser's PID number, does anyone know why and possibly explain how I could retrieve the accurate PID number associated with the newly launched browser?
      Global $iPid = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c start chrome.exe https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/ -incognito' ,"", "") msgbox(0,"",$iPid) Thank you,
      Brian
    • BlazerV60
      By BlazerV60
      Hello all,
      I've been trying to figure out how to launch Google Chrome in the background (hidden) but it doesn't seem possible. I've tried the following methods:
      ShellExecute("C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe", "", "", "", @SW_HIDE) Also I've tried:
      ShellExecute(@ComSpec, "/c start chrome.exe","","",@SW_HIDE) Lastly I tried:
      RunWait('"'&@ProgramFilesDir&'\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --silent-launch',@ScriptDir)  
      But all of them launch my chrome browser without hiding it. Does anyone know a workaround for this or if AutoIT just can't Chrome? 
      Bonus points if you know how to make it launch chrome hidden and make it go to https://www.autoitscript.com

Thank you,
      Brian