Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prasadstudy

How to call variable of one script to another

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I would like to know how to call a variable from one AutoIT script to Another. There are few questions posted in similar grounds in this forum but apparently still not getting what to be done.

My scripts are:-

Script1:-

$TestInputspath=IniRead("XXXX")

Global $TestInputsWorkBook=_Excel_BookOpen($OpenExcel,$TestInputspath)

The variable '$TestInputsWorkBook' is been used in many places through out the script1.

Script2:-

I would like to call the same variable '$TestInputsWorkBook' here in script2 as well. So that the same variable can be used in remaining portion of script2.

For the time being, I am have kept the script1 line repeated in script2 as well but each time the excel sheet is getting opened again which is why I wanted to reuse the already declared variable from script1.

Hope my question is clear to all. 

Edited by prasadstudy

Hi @prasadstudy, and welcome to the AutoIt forum :)

Why do you divided the _Excel* management and you would like to use a variable which point to an Excel Workbook handle?

Can you please post your code ( or a replication of it ), in order to let us understand what you don't want to repeat in your first script?

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.