SteveJM

Toolbar button commands

SteveJM

I have a working program currently driven largely through menu selections. I would like to add a toolbar where most of the tollbar button actions are basically the same as menu items, but quicker to access. I have been wading around in toolbar examples, MSDN pages etc, it's clearly going to be a bit of a slog to get everything right, including tooltips etc. I thought I would start with something simple to prove the principle.

Using bits from the help file examples I have a small program that successfully displays a toolbar. However, what seemed like the most elegant way to deal with the button commands does not seem to work. My understanding was that a toolbar button fires a WM_COMMAND message, with the command Id set by the second parameter in the call to

_GUICtrlToolbar_AddButton ( $hWnd, $iID, $iImage)

so I though it would be a good idea to set this Id to the same value as my menu item Id; then it would run the same task which is what I wanted. This did not work. I am using message loop mode and would like to stick with this because some of my scripts run hardware at the same time as the gui; it is easier if I don't have to worry about code being interrupted with the hardware in an unknown state . So I added a handler for WM_COMMAND, with some cribbed display code to try and see why. The toolbar button defintely fired a WM_COMMAND message and the Id looked the same, so no explanation there.

I guess the issue is with GUIGetMsg() which may be constructed to ignore all but a limited number of control handles, i.e. those made with the GuiCtrlCreate... commands; this is speculation.

I would dearly love to find a tidy way to get around this. Having some controls handled in the message loop and some in a WM_COMMAND handler, performing the same task, feels ugly. I would be very grateful for further insight from someone experienced with handling a toolbar. Perhaps I should be trying to fire the menu item. I have attached a code snippet to try and illustrate the issue.

ToolbarTrial.au3

Melba23

SteveJM,

You are correct - the Control IDs are not at all the same. GUIGetMsg uses the AutoIt -defined CIDs (actually indices within an internal array of controls) while the toolbar uses an entirely separate set of values.

Anyway, I would use a dummy control to action the toolbar buttons - something like this:

AutoItSetOption("MustDeclareVars", 1)

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GuiToolbar.au3>
#include <GuiReBar.au3>

Global $uiDlg = GUICreate("Toolbar trial", 245, 137, 207, 121)
Global $MenuItem2 = GUICtrlCreateMenu("&File")
Global $miBeep = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Beep", $MenuItem2)
Global $btnBeep = GUICtrlCreateButton("Beep higher", 72, 64, 105, 25)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

; Start with a default toolbar
Global $hToolbar = _GUICtrlToolbar_Create($uiDlg)

; I need an image list. I can make it out
; of a wide bit map, or I can populate it with standard images from comctl32.dll
; Let's start with some standard button images, say Open & Close

Global $nButtons = 1 ; I am confused by this as we appear to be adding a whole set of button images
Global $hInst = -1 ; This means use a system set

Global $iLoc = _GUICtrlToolbar_AddBitmap($hToolbar, $nButtons, $hInst, $IDB_STD_SMALL_COLOR)

; Auto increment the ControlIDs
Global Enum $TBBeep_1 = 1001, $TBBeep_2
_GUICtrlToolbar_AddButton($hToolbar, $TBBeep_1, $STD_FILEOPEN)
_GUICtrlToolbar_AddButton($hToolbar, $TBBeep_2, $STD_DELETE)

; Create a dummy control to action via the handler
Global $cDummy = GUICtrlCreateDummy()

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND, MY_WM_COMMAND)

Global $nMsg

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg

Case $miBeep
            _Beep_1()

Case $btnBeep
            _Beep_2()

; if the dummy is fired
        Case $cDummy
            ; Read teh ControlID sent by the handler and action the relevant function
            Switch GUICtrlRead($cDummy)
                Case $TBBeep_1
                    _Beep_1()
                Case $TBBeep_2
                    _Beep_2()
            EndSwitch

Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _Beep_1()
    Beep(300, 200)
EndFunc   ;==>_Beep_1

Func _Beep_2()
    Beep(400, 200)
EndFunc   ;==>_Beep_2

;--------------------------------------------------------------
Func MY_WM_COMMAND($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    Local $nNotifyCode = BitShift($wParam, 16)
    Local $nID = BitAND($wParam, 0x0000FFFF)
    Local $hCtrl = $lParam

#cs
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "MY_WM_COMMAND", "GUIHWnd" & @TAB & ":" & $hWnd & @CRLF & _
        "MsgID" & @TAB & ":" & $iMsg & @CRLF & _
        "wParam" & @TAB & ":" & $wParam & @CRLF & _
        "lParam" & @TAB & ":" & $lParam & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
        "WM_COMMAND - Infos:" & @CRLF & _
        "-----------------------------" & @CRLF & _
        "Code" & @TAB & ":" & $nNotifyCode & @CRLF & _
        "CtrlID" & @TAB & ":" & $nID & @CRLF & _
        "CtrlHWnd" & @TAB & ":" & $hCtrl)
    #ce

; Action the dummy control and pass the ControlID of the taskbar item
    GUICtrlSendToDummy($cDummy, $nID)

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG

EndFunc   ;==>MY_WM_COMMAND

Please ask if you have any questions.

M23

• Like 1

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

SteveJM

Sorry to be slow to respond - time zones and work crisies. Thank you for your suggestion. It looks a nice tidy way to deal with the issue, I like it better than the Global array based solution I was working on and I will definately use your concept in preference. I appreciate you taking the time.

Now to tackle mixing my own icons with the standard ones, tooltips and then rebars to put the whole thing in. I may be back!

Melba23

SteveJM,

We will be here if required.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Pricehacker
      By Pricehacker
      Hello again!
      I have tried searching for quite some time now but couldn´t find a single working way to change the class of your GUI that doesn´t include changing it manually after its compilation.
      First or "AutoIt v3 GUI" is a pretty boring name tbh and i would like to spice it up a bit, also, and more importantly, I would like to identify my windows by something other than its title as it will change depending on some factors and im using two different programs independently as multi threading isn't supported.
      Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
    • xtcislove
      By xtcislove
      Hello, 
      i have a Problem with  _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes, everything is working as excepted if u are on Windows 7.

But if u are on Windows 10 the transparent background of a control is not clickable anymore. 

Could someone help?

Please see example below, put cmd.jpg into the same folder as Example.au3

Please see trigger.jpg to see which sections are not clickable in Windows 10 (the red dots, the green dots are clickable) on Windows 7 the red ones and green ones are clickable.

The same problem occurs if i use 

Example.au3

• WilliamasKumeliukas
      By WilliamasKumeliukas
      Hello everyones reading this post,
      I'm struggling at resizing properly my radio buttons to fit long text inside without affecting others radio buttons and also adjust position of them relative to the string.
      I tried with _StringSize UDF but I guess im too tired to figure out how to use it correctly..
      I also tried: _Control_SetWidth2Text I found on this forum, it work aslong im not maximizing GUI (radio text is gone when I maximize and maximize is a must)

here is the code example, I hope someone can figure out (sorry if guictrlsetpos is not included in the example, I know thats probably the way to go but I wanted to make sure there is nothing better before use it)
      Thank you

Br,
      ~WilliamasKumeliukas

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <StringConstants.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIListBox.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <ProgressConstants.au3> #include <ColorConstants.au3> #include <AutoitConstants.au3> #include <Misc.au3> #include <WinAPIReg.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #Region Opt's Opt("GUIResizeMode", 802) #EndRegion Opt's Global $q = "INTRO LINE" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "description of everything until user press start." Global $file = @TempDir & "\test.p" destroy() Global $msg, $score = 0, $rate, $com, $total = 0, $cfile, $cq, $i = 0, $time = 0, $min = 0, $sec = 0, $hour = 0, $qf, $ii = 0 Main() Func Main() Global $iGUIInitSize = 550 #Region GUI Opt("GUICloseOnEsc", 1) Global $gui = GUICreate("example", 1124, 550,-1 ,-1, BitOR($WS_MAXIMIZEBOX , $WS_MINIMIZEBOX)) Global $gui_size = WinGetClientSize($gui) Global $iFontSize = Int(2 * (.25 + (8 * $gui_size[0] / $iGUIInitSize))) / 2 Global $options = GUICtrlCreateMenu("&Options") Global $guide = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Guide", $options) Global $restart = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Restart", $options) Global $about = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("About", $options) Global $exit = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Exit", $options) Global $extra = GUICtrlCreateMenu("Extras") Global $creator = GUICtrlCreateMenu("CQB", $extra ) Global $new = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("custom QP", $creator) Global $load = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("CQ", $creator ) Global $timer = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 752, 472, 294, 30, $WS_BORDER) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, $iFontSize) GUICtrlSetState($timer, $GUI_HIDE) Global $info = GUICtrlCreateLabel( $q, 200, 20, 700, 200, $SS_CENTER ) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) $fi = GUICtrlSetFont($info, $iFontSize) Global $a = GUICtrlCreateRadio("A)", 100, 210, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) $fa = GUICtrlSetFont($a, 15) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetState($a, 16) Global $b = GUICtrlCreateRadio("B)", 100, 310 , $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) $fb = GUICtrlSetFont($b, 15) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetState($b, 16) Global $c = GUICtrlCreateRadio("C)", 750, 210 , $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) $fc = GUICtrlSetFont($c, 15) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetState($c, 16) Global $d = GUICtrlCreateRadio( "D) ", 750, 310, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) $fd = GUICtrlSetFont($d, 15) GUICtrlSetResizing (-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER) ) GUICtrlSetState($d, 16) Global $sign = GUICtrlCreateLabel( $file, 420, 480, -1, -1, BitOR ( $SS_CENTER, $WS_BORDER ) ) GUICtrlSetResizing ( -1, BitOR ( $GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER ) ) GUICtrlSetFont($sign, 12) Global $yb = GUICtrlCreateRadio("True", 200, 420, 200, 50, $BS_PUSHLIKE) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER,$GUI_DOCKSIZE)) GUICtrlSetFont($yb, 15) GUICtrlSetState($yb, 32) Global $nb = GUICtrlCreateRadio("False", 700, 420, 200, 50, $BS_PUSHLIKE) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER, $GUI_DOCKSIZE)) GUICtrlSetFont($nb, 15) GUICtrlSetState($nb, 32) Global $start = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start", 20, 20, 100, 50, $SS_CENTER, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER)) GUICtrlSetFont($start, 12) Global $valid = GUICtrlCreateButton("Confirm", 20, 20, 100, 50, $SS_CENTER, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, BitOR($GUI_DOCKHCENTER, $GUI_DOCKVCENTER)) GUICtrlSetFont($valid, 12) GUICtrlSetState($valid, 32) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion GUI While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Switch MsgBox(4096 + 4, "Warning", "Are you sure to exit?") Case 6 AdlibUnRegister("timer") If Not $qf = "" Then FileClose($file) EndIf Exit Case 7 ContinueLoop EndSwitch Case $start ;AdlibRegister("timer") ;Global $qf = StringSplit(StringStripWS(FileRead($file), 6), @CRLF, 0) ;qloop($file) GUICtrlSetData($a, "A) This long string is an example as string that I want to fit in 4 radio buttons because sometimes it can be that long.") GUICtrlSetData($b, "B) This long string is an example as string that I want to fit in 4 radio buttons because sometimes it can be that long.") GUICtrlSetData($c, "C) This long string is an example as string that I want to fit in 4 radio buttons because sometimes it can be that long.") GUICtrlSetData($d, "D) This long string is an example as string that I want to fit in 4 radio buttons because sometimes it can be that long.") Case $restart MsgBox(4096, "Warning", 'Normally, your suposed to start something before restarting it.') ContinueLoop Case $new ;GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $gui) ;_CustomNew() ContinueLoop Case $load ;_CustomLoad() Case $about ;_About() EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc ;Main() Func timer() If $time = 0 Then Global $time = TimerInit() Global $diff = TimerDiff($time) Global $sec = Int(Mod($diff / 1000, 60)) Global $min = Int(Mod($diff / 60000, 60)) Global $hour = Int($diff / 3600000) If $sec < 10 Then $sec = "0" & $sec If $min < 10 Then $min = "0" & $min If $hour < 10 Then $hour = "0" & $hour GUICtrlSetData($timer, "Temps: " & $hour & ":" & $min & ":" & $sec) EndFunc ;==>timer Func destroy() If FileExists($file) Then FileDelete($file) EndIf DirCreate(@TempDir & "\About") FileInstall("C:\test.txt", $file) EndFunc ;==>destroy  
    • xtcislove
      By xtcislove
      Hello,

im searching like 6 hours and i didnt found the right solution.

Im trying to build a treeview from a directory and its subfolders etc.

This function give me right treeview, but i cant color each item seperated.

#include <GuiTreeView.au3> $hGui = GUICreate("Demo1", 600, 400) $hTreeView = _GUICtrlTreeView_Create($hGui, 10, 10, 580, 380) GUISetState() _GUICtrlTreeView_BeginUpdate($hTreeView) ListFiles_ToTreeView(@ScriptDir, 0) _GUICtrlTreeView_EndUpdate($hTreeView) Do Until GUIGetMsg() = -3 Func ListFiles_ToTreeView($sSourceFolder, $hItem) Local $sFile ; Force a trailing \ If StringRight($sSourceFolder, 1) <> "\" Then $sSourceFolder &= "\" ; Start the search Local $hSearch = FileFindFirstFile($sSourceFolder & "*.*") ; If no files found then return If $hSearch = -1 Then Return ; This is where we break the recursive loop <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ; Now run through the contents of the folder While 1 ; Get next match $sFile = FileFindNextFile($hSearch) ; If no more files then close search handle and return If @error Then ExitLoop ; This is where we break the recursive loop <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ; Check if a folder If @extended Then ; If so then call the function recursively ListFiles_ToTreeView($sSourceFolder & $sFile, _GUICtrlTreeView_AddChild($hTreeView, $hItem, $sFile)) Else ; If a file than write path and name _GUICtrlTreeView_AddChild($hTreeView, $hItem, $sFile) EndIf WEnd ; Close search handle FileClose($hSearch) EndFunc ;==>ListFiles_ToTreeView
      So i am searching for the exact same function just with
      GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem
      instead of 
      _GUICtrlTreeView_AddChild

Ps: i have a folder structure where i like to color each item green if a file only exist once and red if it exist more than once.

Could someone help?

Solution:

• Pricehacker
      By Pricehacker
      Title pretty much says it all. Im wondering what button the "primary mouse button" is, and while im here i would also like to know what the "secondary mouse button" is. I´m guessing its the left and right mouse buttons but i could not confirm this.
      Thank you!