BlazerV60

Run command keeps returning wrong PID

Hello all,

I've written the code below which launches chrome in incognito mode and then proceeds to go to the autoit website.

From my understanding, the Run() command is also supposed to output the PID number related to the application that got launched from the Run command.

However when I run the below lines, it outputs a PID number that is different from the newly launched chrome browser's PID number, does anyone know why and possibly explain how I could retrieve the accurate PID number associated with the newly launched browser?

Global $iPid = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c start chrome.exe https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/ -incognito' ,"", "")
msgbox(0,"",$iPid)

Thank you,

Brian

Thanks for the reply, but if I run chrome.exe directly, how would I be able to add Command Prompt attributes such as -incognito? There are a few other command prompt attributes I want to add besides that as well.

Use the full path to the EXE.  

Global $iPid = Run('"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/ -incognito' ,"", "")
msgbox(0,"",$iPid)

Adam

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Lourens
      Hi,
      I am looking for a way to automate login to a Internet Banking website (https://bank.tymedigital.co.za/) and all of the examples that I could found still do not solve my issue with this website.
      In order to Login, the user need to enter their Identity Number and Password the click the Login button.
      Inspecting the Elements in Chrome are as follow;
      Identity Number
      <input autocomplete="username" placeholder="Please enter your South African ID number" maxlength="13" type="tel" class="form-control" value=""> Password
      <input autocomplete="current-password" placeholder="Enter password" type="password" class="form-control" value=""> Button
      <button type="button" class="btn btn-yellow btn-block">Login</button> Any assistance or directing me to a solution will be appreciated.
      Thank you,
      Lourens
    • By gspino
      I hoping some of you young people can help an old man get off the nickel...  I have a small project I'd like to complete before I retire.  My problem is that on a terminal server environment I need to be able to detect the PID of a process by 'process name' AND 'process owner' so I can kill that specific process and not affect others who may be running the same process in another session.    I can seem to do one or the other but not both.  Can anyone please point me in the right direction?  Thanks very much in advance. -Glen
    • By TryWare90Days
      I'm trying to kill a malware process, that I can't remove with my www.sophus.com/hom antivirus.

The malware is known as coinminer,config and my Sophus only creates popups of blocking the malware.

I know that the malware is constantly launching a svchost *32.exe processes, where the svchost.exe processes are from my Windows 7 operating system.
      I have with no luck tried to do this:
      Global $_bStatus = False
      While $_bStatus = False
                 Global $_iPid
                 Global $_sActiveTitleNew = "svchost *32.exe"
                 $_iPid = WinGetProcess($_sActiveTitleNew)
                 If $_iPid <> -1 Then $_bStatus = ProcessClose($_iPid)   
      Wend
      EXIT

But the $_iPid doesn't ever show anything else than  -1, even if I can see the svchost *32.exe process in my TaskManager

YES - I know I shouldn't EXIT after killing the first malware detection, but it is easier to explain the above for you, so I can get a solution.
    • By AnonymousX
      So I just got a new computer, and instantly went and installed Autoit onto it. I selected run script as default action when clicking on an au3 file, however every time I do this it opens the script in the editor. I can from there run the script no problem.
      I've tried reinstalling and checking the settings by hitting "Ctrl+1" and have confirmed it is set to run, but yet it just continues to open in the editor.
      Any ideas why this is happening or how to solve?
      New system is windows 10, old was windows 7
    • By tommytx
      ConsoleWrite("Hello Dolly on Line 1" & @CRLF) #include <IE.au3> ConsoleWrite("Hello Dolly on Line 5" & @CRLF) Local $oIE = _IECreate("www.autoitscript.com") ConsoleWrite("Hello Dolly on Line 10" & @CRLF) Can anyone put me on the right track to troubleshoot this one.. the IE browser is not opening.. it is not my primary browser since FF is but that has not been a problem in the past.. it all seems to work including compile but the generation of the IE browser.. Never had any problem before.. below is the results of the run.. any ideas on where I might look.. that is the only error i get and its only after a 30 second delay.. I suppose a time out..

; >"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "G:\show_pos.au3\test.au3"
      ; Hello Dolly on Line 1
      ; Hello Dolly on Line 5
      ; --> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Error from function _IECreate,  (Browser Object Creation Failed)
      ; Hello Dolly on Line 10
      ; >Exit code: 0    Time: 30.46