Compile exe to startup folder

Hi,

I'd like to run an autoit script which then compiles the following code as exe to the startup folder:

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -File C:\UA\Scripts\win-updates.ps1 -MaxUpdatesPerCycle 100 -RestartRequired 1", "")

Func SelfDelete()
    [...]
EndFunc   ;==>SelfDelete

SelfDelete()

Is this possible? I just found how to compile the current script to a certain folder but I only want those lines above executed upon startup.
I could just compile it and copy it into the startup folder but it would be an additional step.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Eggsplorer

You could make the script create a file to...

"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

and for the SelfDelete do you want to to stop the script until next computer restart (1) or remove the script from the directory? (2)

;Example 1

HotKeySet("{F1}", "SelfDelete")

While 1 ;Makes it so script never closes
   Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func SelfDelete()
   Exit
EndFunc

or

;Example 1

HotKeySet("{F1}", "SelfDelete")

While 1 ;Makes it so script never closes
   Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func SelfDelete()
   FileDelete("C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\name.exe") ;replace name with file name
   Exit
EndFunc

9 hours ago, badcoder123 said:

You could make the script create a file to...

"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

But how? I want the exe to be in this exact path but how do I write the script which compiles the exe?

And I already have the SelfDelete function. I just wanted to cut a corner since it wasn't topic of my question.

• Developers

Why do you need a script to compile the exe at all? Can't you simply distribute a compiled script?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

5 hours ago, Eggsplorer said:

But how? I want the exe to be in this exact path but how do I write the script which compiles the exe?

And I already have the SelfDelete function. I just wanted to cut a corner since it wasn't topic of my question.

If you're not pre-compiling it and you're try to distribute it on someone elses computer who doesn't have autoit installed it will not be possible.. However you could make it write a batch file do the startup directory