Magikarp7

Enter Hotkey for custom calculator

Magikarp7

Hi!

I was trying to make a program with an in-built calculator on a separate tab. The calculator works fine with the operators. But the problem is that when I press the "Enter" key it only functions on the form and when I focus on an internet browser, like GOOGLE, the enter key won't work anymore when I type something in google.

I know that the program is still running. But I set the hotkeys to not work when the GUIform is not active. How do I fix this? Any help will be appreciated! Gonna post some snippets of the code.

Func PressEqual()
 If WinActive($TrackerForm) Then
  MsgBox()
 EndIf
EndFunc 

Magikarp7

Hi!

I was trying to make a program with an in-built calculator on a separate tab. The calculator works fine with the operators. But the problem is that when I press the "Enter" key it only functions on the form and when I focus on an internet browser, like GOOGLE, the enter key won't work anymore when I type something in google.

I know that the program is still running. But I set the hotkeys to not work when the GUIform is not active. How do I fix this? Any help will be appreciated! Gonna post some snippets of the code.The calculator has 2 inputboxes. One inputbox is for the output and the other is a real time tracker of what the user types in.

Func PressEqual()
                      MsgBox(0,"","Enter working!")
             EndIf
EndFunc 

Switch GUICtrlRead($Tab1)
                        Case 3 ;this is the tab where my calculator is programmed.
                                                  HotKeySet("{NUMPAD0}", "Press0")
                                                  HotKeySet("{0}", "Press0")
                                                  HotKeySet("{NUMPAD1}", "Press1")
                                                  HotKeySet("{1}", "Press1")
                                                   ;...
                                                   ;etc. etc. etc. for the other hotkeys.
                                                  HotKeySet("{+}", "PressAdd")
                                      EndIf

Case Else
                                        HotKeySet("{NUMPAD0}")
                                        HotKeySet("{0}")
                                        HotKeySet("{NUMPAD1}")
                                        ;...
                                       ;etc. etc. etc. for the other hotkeys..
                                       HotKeySet("{ENTER}")
EndSwitch

Func PressAdd()
                         $getCalcresult = GUICtrlRead($calcresult) ;this inputbox displays the result
                         $getCalcreader = GUICtrlRead($calcreader) ;real time inputbox.

If $getCalcresult = "" And $getCalcreader <> "" Then
                                              $FirstNum = GUICtrlRead($calcreader)
                                              GUICtrlSetData($calcresult, $FirstNum & " + ")
                                    EndIf

If $getCalcresult <> "" And $getCalcreader <> "" Then
                                                If StringInStr($getCalcresult, "+") Then
                                                         $FirstNum = $getCalcresult + $getCalcreader
                                               EndIf
                                   If StringInStr($getCalcresult, "-") Then
                                                        $FirstNum = $getCalcresult - $getCalcreader
                                  EndIf
                                  If StringInStr($getCalcresult, "*") Then
                                                       $FirstNum = $getCalcresult * $getCalcreader
                                  EndIf
                                 If StringInStr($getCalcresult, "/") Then
                                                       $FirstNum = $getCalcresult / $getCalcreader
                                  EndIf
                       EndIf
  GUICtrlSetData($calcreader, "")
 EndIf
EndFunc

Edited by Jos
added codebox

Jos

Why did you create a new topic in Examples while you have the question already posted in the other thread?
Merged and moved to support

Jos

Edited by Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)