Sign in to follow this  
jhave21

IE.au3 .zip file doesn't contain anything

jhave21

Hello all, I'm new here and I just started learning AutoIT a few days ago, And I would like to use IE.au3 and the thing is I downloaded documentation zip file from this  thread and Nothing showing up take a look:

jhab.png

thanks

JLogan3o13

@jhave21 if you were in that thread already, you should have noticed two things:

• The post is 11 years old!
  • The last post very clearly states - the latest and greatest when it comes to documentation is included in the current release of AutoIt.

Look in the AutoIt help file under IE Management

Edited by JLogan3o13

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

jhave21

WTH, how come I did not see that one, well is there really a documentation in the help file? can't seem to ind it :)

jhave21

HEY man I can't edit my reply(can't find the edit button) and I found the IE management thanks :)

jhave21

HEY man I hope you wouldn't mind me asking another question,  is there any way I can  use @SW_HIDE as a parameter in an the script:

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate(@SW_HIDE)
_IENavigate($oIE, "google.com")

I tried but it still shows the window, is it possible with autoIT?

jhave21

Thanks for the reply but I solved the problem, putting "0" on "_IECreate(0)"  alone doesn't work, but I tried to do it this way "_IECreate("google.com",0,0)". it works,

Now if it still is good, to anyone I would like to ask another question on this thread, I tried another code:

; Script Start - Add your code below here
 $var = "jhetro"
 $var2 = "jhetro"
 $var3 = "jhetro"
 if $var == $var2 Or $var3 Then
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Warning", "INVADING, opening my files are prohibited")
endif

and it doesn't show any messageBox, why? I tried some other codes andi thisnk it's because of the "Or" statement,:)

Danp2
9 hours ago, jhave21 said:

it doesn't show any messageBox

It does for me.

9 hours ago, jhave21 said:

i thisnk it's because of the "Or" statement

Yes, the or statement is definitely wrong. Perhaps you meant something like this --

if $var == $var2 Or $var == $var3 Then
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Warning", "INVADING, opening my files are prohibited")
endif

jhave21

thanks I didn't know that finally solved it, is that the way how I should use "or" statement in AutoIT? but anyway thanks

JLogan3o13

Once again @jhave21 if you actually open and read the help file you will be able to answer your own questions. The section on Or shows exactly how to use it correctly.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!