Sign in to follow this  
RomanY

How can I use WPF controls in Autoit?

Hi all,

I have simple question and can not find answer on it. I am working with WPF application and I want to automate it with Autoit. For now I found Inspect.exe tool which gives me all wpf controls, but how do I can use that controls to click some buttons or dropdown list?

For example I have such a controls

AutomationId:    "comboArrayType" or 

Name:    "_Submit"
Which autoit command can I use to handle this?

Thanks and Regards, Roman Y

Edited by RomanY

Use this tool, and output the 'control' tab back here...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Au3Info.exe"

Assuming your control actually is a combo, you can use these functions:

ControlCommand

Or one of they many:

_GUICtrlComboBoxEx_* functions...one such example:

_GUICtrlComboBoxEx_SetCurSel

Edit: oops, not standard control...nevermind :)

Edited by jdelaney

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By mLipok
      How to use this example in AutoIt ?
      MSDN: Developing a Per-Monitor DPI-Aware WPF Application
      MSDN: Per-Monitor Aware WPF Sample
      Below other useful links:
      MSDN: DPI Tutorial sample
      MSDN: High DPI
      MSDN: User Interface - High DPI Awareness
      mLipok
    • By muchado
      I have found AutoIT to be very useful in automating some of the older programs that we use, but I am now trying to work out how to automate newer programs that use the Windows Forms - such as WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2bf8098_r13_ad1
      I have read through the manual, but do not find anything on this there. I have also done some reading on the forum and have found material that looks useful, but I am not familiar with this and some of the threads look a little old. Please could someone update me on what the latest status is on this?
      Are there any plans to provide wrappers to the UI Automation controls, similar to those already provided for ListView, ComboBox, etc? How would I go about making a menu selection with such a system? If people are not using AutoIT for this kind of automation, then what are they using instead? Similar threads:
      '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> - 2011 '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> - 2008 '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> - 2012 Other questions if you have time...
      What is the difference between MSAA mode and UI Automation? If I am using "Inspect.exe", how do I identify what information that I need to send a command to the control? Sorry - lots of questions - I am very much finding my way around this.