Sign in to follow this  
Piotr_Hodl

Run autoit script on remote virtual machine (using RDP like azure)

Piotr_Hodl

Hi guys,

My post is more architecture related than the actual autoit script.

Currently I have a java tool that makes a connection to a azure Windows VM using WINRM.

Then I "grep" the session ID of RDP and using psexec I execute my autoit script on the session ID of the RDP (This assumes that I need to have already a RDP connection established).

The script runs perfectly when I have a RDP session maximized/opened. If I minimize the RDP window some commands do not work, as for example the Send command.

I do understand that it has to do with the window not being active, even though the script is executed remotely.

https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/FAQ#Why_doesn.27t_my_script_work_on_a_locked_workstation.3F

My goal is to be able to run the autoit scripts with no limitations, like I was running in my local machine.

One important thing, all the flow is being triggered from a linux machine with no GUI. So that is why, I am using a jar file to start the winrm connection.

So to sum up:

starting server: centos with no GUI

remote server: azure win 10

goal: from starting server, launch autoit script that is on remote server

Thanks

Piotr

Edited by Piotr_Hodl

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi guys,

I've written a script that will move my mouse to a location on the screen whenever my remote access software becomes active, the problem I have is that as soon as the remote access software becomes active it appears to capture the mouse and keyboard so nothing happens when I use MouseMove().

Is there any way around this?

Thanks!
    • argumentum
      By argumentum
      ..so I have to help someone and remember how to get the session ID,
      then remember how to shadow. All from a command prompt. Not cool.
      So I wrote this,
      Is coded for Windows in English. May work in other languages too.
      ( as long as "qwinsta" runs, this should work )
      For this to work as intended, uncheck "noPrompt", or make the changes
       to the group policy, only if you know what you are doing.
      ( I will not aid anyone on how what, as I'm not qualified )
      This is for when all works as you wish, but have to use the
       command line to shadow a user ( and everyone is in a hurry ).
      This gives you a list of users to just click to help the
      user on a remote session, by guiding them ( view ) or
      interacting with the desktop ( control ).
      I do not advise to change anything on your system, nor to use this,
      but if you find it useful, then, it is a very practical utility.
        I did not post in the examples forum as is not an example worth posting.
        It grabs the text out of qwinsta and runs mstsc. Not a noteworthy example.
    • FMS
      By FMS
      Hello,
      At this moment I'm trying to make a RDP tool to make multiple connections and switch between them.
      Curently I'm having troubles in making multiple connections and got some error's.
      I know why I get the error's  (trying to change a active connection) but I'm not sure how to solve this.
      Does somebody know a cleaver way to make it scalable into more connections in the same embeded window?
      Also I'm open for sugestions for making this code better
      Below the code I'm working on at the moment:

#include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <ComboConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> #Include <GuiComboBoxEx.au3> Global $configfile = @ScriptDir & "\config.rto" Global $configarray[0][0] Global $RDP_id = False Global $RDP_name = False Global $RDP_ip = False Global $RDP_usr = False Global $RDP_dom = False Global $RDP_pass = False $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1",952, 675, -1, -1, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS + $WS_CLIPCHILDREN) $Combo1 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Combo1", 8, 8, 145, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN,$CBS_AUTOHSCROLL)) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Connect", 160, 8, 75, 25) $Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Disconnect", 240, 8, 75, 25) $Button3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button3", 320, 8, 75, 25) $oRDP = ObjCreate("MsTscAx.MsTscAx.10") $oRDP_Ctrl = GUICtrlCreateObj($oRDP, 64, 44, 800, 600) GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKALL) GUICtrlSetStyle($oRDP_Ctrl , $WS_VISIBLE) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) fetch_config() While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Combo1 set_config(GUICtrlRead($Combo1)) Case $Button1 $oRDP.DesktopWidth = 800 $oRDP.DesktopHeight = 600 $oRDP.Fullscreen = False $oRDP.ColorDepth = 16 $oRDP.AdvancedSettings3.SmartSizing = True $oRDP.Server = $RDP_ip $oRDP.UserName = $RDP_usr $oRDP.Domain = $RDP_dom $oRDP.AdvancedSettings2.ClearTextPassword = $RDP_pass $oRDP.ConnectingText = "Connecting to " & $RDP_ip $oRDP.DisconnectedText = "Disconnected from " & $RDP_ip $oRDP.StartConnected = True $oRDP.Connect() Case $Button2 $oRDP.Disconnect() Case $Button3 WinSetState($oRDP_Ctrl, "", @SW_HIDE) EndSwitch WEnd Func cmdkey() ;cmdkey /generic:TERMSRV/ip1 /user:dom1\usr1 /pass:pass1 EndFunc Func set_config($selected = GUICtrlRead($Combo1)) Local $found = False Local $found_id = False $RDP_id = False $RDP_name = False $RDP_ip = False $RDP_usr = False $RDP_dom = False $RDP_pass = False For $x = 1 To UBound($configarray,1) -1 If $selected = $configarray[$x][1] Then ;~ ConsoleWrite ($configarray[$x][0]& @CRLF & $configarray[$x][1]& @CRLF & $configarray[$x][2]& @CRLF & $configarray[$x][3]& @CRLF & $configarray[$x][4]& @CRLF & $configarray[$x][5]& @CRLF) $found_id = $x $found = True EndIf Next If $found Then $RDP_id = $configarray[$found_id][0] $RDP_name = $configarray[$found_id][1] $RDP_ip = $configarray[$found_id][2] $RDP_usr = $configarray[$found_id][3] $RDP_dom = $configarray[$found_id][4] $RDP_pass = $configarray[$found_id][5] Return True Else Return False EndIf EndFunc Func fetch_config() If FileExists($configfile) Then ;~ ReDim $configarray[0][0] If _FileReadToArray($configfile, $configarray , 0 , "|") Then _GUICtrlComboBox_ResetContent($Combo1) _GUICtrlComboBox_BeginUpdate($Combo1) ;~ _GUICtrlComboBox_AddString($Combo1, "") For $i = 1 To UBound($configarray,1) -1 _GUICtrlComboBox_AddString($Combo1, $configarray[$i][1]) Next _GUICtrlComboBox_EndUpdate($Combo1) _GUICtrlComboBox_SetCurSel($Combo1, 0) If set_config(GUICtrlRead($Combo1)) Then Return True Else Return False EndIf Else Return False EndIf Else If Not _FileCreate($configfile) Then Return False Else Local $LC_fileSetTime = FileSetTime($configfile, @YEAR & @MON & @MDAY , $FT_CREATED) If $LC_fileSetTime = 0 Then Return False Else Local $set_rights = Run(@ComSpec & " /c icacls " & $configfile & " /grant Users:F" , "" , @SW_HIDE) If Not $set_rights Then Return False Else Local $file = FileOpen($configfile, 1) If $file = -1 Then Return False Else FileWrite($file, "ID|name|IP|username|domain|pass" & @CRLF) FileWrite($file, "1|name1|ip1|name1|dom1|pass1" & @CRLF) FileWrite($file, "2|name2|ip2|name2|dom2|pass2" & @CRLF) EndIf FileClose($file) fetch_config() Return True EndIf EndIf EndIf EndIf EndFunc  
      edit :
      error at reuse connection :

(51) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.: $oRDP.Connect() $oRDP^ ERROR >Exit code: 1 Time: 13.73  
    • ur
      By ur
      I have an aws cloud machine where I kept all the build process to create some set of zip files and uploading them to OneDrive.
      Once it is completed, I have another local machine in our environment which is a acting as a local share server also.
      Is there anyway to notify this machine(without public IP) to start downloading these files.
      I have written an AutoIT exe to download these files and copy them to respective locations.But don't know how to notify this from the remote machine.

Any suggestion??

• ur
      By ur
      With  ProcessList ( ["name"] )  we are able to get the running process list from the local machine.

Is there anyway to get the list from Remote machine, more precisely to get to know the status whether a particular application is running or not on remote machine using AutoIT?

We can implement through PSList.exe, but again we need to parse the text of it to read the output.
      Is there any direct UDF in AutoIT?