tukangusil7

How to create a struct that one of its elements is an array of structs?

tukangusil7
Posted (edited)

When the type of a registry value given by RegQueryValueEx() is REG_RESOURCE_LIST constant (i.e. 8), the data received in the lpData (out) parameter is a pointer to a variable of type CM_RESOURCE_LIST struct.

According to MSDN, CM_RESOURCE_LIST struct is defined as follows:

typedef struct _CM_RESOURCE_LIST {
  ULONG                       Count;
  CM_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR List[1];
} *PCM_RESOURCE_LIST, CM_RESOURCE_LIST;

Additionally, CM_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR struct is defined as follows:

typedef struct _CM_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR {
  INTERFACE_TYPE           InterfaceType;
  ULONG                    BusNumber;
  CM_PARTIAL_RESOURCE_LIST PartialResourceList;
} *PCM_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR, CM_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR;

Furthermore, CM_PARTIAL_RESOURCE_LIST struct  is defined as follows:

typedef struct _CM_PARTIAL_RESOURCE_LIST {
  USHORT                         Version;
  USHORT                         Revision;
  ULONG                          Count;
  CM_PARTIAL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR PartialDescriptors[1];
} CM_PARTIAL_RESOURCE_LIST, *PCM_PARTIAL_RESOURCE_LIST;

Finally, CM_PARTIAL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR struct is defined like that (long enough to be posted here).

I have no idea how to create these kind of structs in AutoIt.

Please tell me how to write them in AutoIt just until the second struct (CM_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR).

Edited by tukangusil7

tukangusil7

OK, after struggling to find a way to create a struct that contains an array of structs, I come with the following solution:

Take TOKEN_PRIVILEGES struct as an example:

typedef struct _TOKEN_PRIVILEGES {
  DWORD               PrivilegeCount;
  LUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES Privileges[ANYSIZE_ARRAY];
} TOKEN_PRIVILEGES, *PTOKEN_PRIVILEGES;

The Privileges element of TOKEN_PRIVILEGES struct is an array of LUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES struct defined as follows:

typedef struct _LUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES {
  LUID  Luid;
  DWORD Attributes;
} LUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES, *PLUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES;

See also the definition of the LUID struct.

The general rule is that: To define an element that is an array of n structs, we just need to write the definition of the struct n times. That's it.

; Tag of one LUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES struct
Local $tagLUID                = "DWORD LowPart; LONG HighPart"
Local $tagLUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES = $tagLUID & "; DWORD Attributes"

; Tag of three LUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES structs
Local $iNumberOfStructs = 3
Local $tagArrayOfLUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES = $tagLUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES
For $iIdx = 1 To ($iNumberOfStructs - 1)
  $tagArrayOfLUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES &= "; " & $tagLUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES
Next

; Finally, create the TOKEN_PRIVILEGES struct
Local $tagTOKEN_PRIVILEGES = "DWORD PrivilegeCount; " & $tagArrayOfLUID_AND_ATTRIBUTES
Local $tTOKEN_PRIVILEGES = DllStructCreate($tagTOKEN_PRIVILEGES)

Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• tukangusil7
      By tukangusil7
      Overview
      _Security__GetTokenInformation() returns a struct containing raw bytes that represents the requested token information.
      Take for example, if _Security__GetTokenInformation()  called with  $iClass parameter is set to $TokenUser, the function returns raw bytes that represents a TOKEN_USER struct, which is defined as follows:
      typedef struct _TOKEN_USER { SID_AND_ATTRIBUTES User; } TOKEN_USER, *PTOKEN_USER; Subsequently, the SID_AND_ATTRIBUTES struct is defined as follows:
      typedef struct _SID_AND_ATTRIBUTES {   PSID  Sid;   DWORD Attributes; } SID_AND_ATTRIBUTES, *PSID_AND_ATTRIBUTES; Problems
      Since SID has variable length, I suppose that interpreting the returned bytes as SID_AND_ATTRIBUTES struct won't be easy as usual.
      Questions
      Please inspect my GetTokenInfoUser function below.
      Have I got a correct value of Attributes member of SID_AND_ATTRIBUTES struct? If I have got the correct value, is my approach efficient? #include <Security.au3> #include <WinAPIHObj.au3> #include <Array.au3> Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1) Func GetTokenInfoUser($hToken) Do ; _Security__GetTokenInformation() returns a struct containing bytes that represents the ; requested token information. Local $tRawTokenInfo = _Security__GetTokenInformation($hToken, $TokenUser) If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, _WinAPI_GetLastError(), "_Security__GetTokenInformation() fails.") ExitLoop EndIf Local $pRawTokenInfo = DllStructGetPtr($tRawTokenInfo) ; Since SID has variable length, I do not know how to interpret the raw bytes as SID_AND_ATTRIBUTES ; struct unless the SID length is known. Local $tagPtrSid = "align 4; PTR Sid" Local $tPtrSid = DllStructCreate($tagPtrSid, $pRawTokenInfo) Local $pSid = DllStructGetData($tPtrSid, 1) If Not _Security__IsValidSid($pSid) Then ; Just to make sure $pSid is a pointer to a valid SID MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "The SID is invalid.") ExitLoop EndIf Local $iSidBytesLen = _Security__GetLengthSid($pSid) ; The length of the binary SID, in bytes ; After the SID length is known, the raw bytes are interpreted as SID_AND_ATTRIBUTES struct Local $tagSID_AND_ATTRIBUTES = "align 4; PTR Sid; BYTE[" & $iSidBytesLen & "]; ULONG Attributes" Local $tSID_AND_ATTRIBUTES = DllStructCreate($tagSID_AND_ATTRIBUTES, $pRawTokenInfo) ; Return the results Local $avResults[2] $avResults[0] = $pSid $avResults[1] = DllStructGetData($tSID_AND_ATTRIBUTES, "Attributes") Return $avResults Until False Return SetError(1, 0, 0) EndFunc ; GetTokenInfoUser Func Main() Do Local $hToken = _Security__OpenProcessToken(_WinAPI_GetCurrentProcess(), $TOKEN_QUERY) If Not $hToken Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, _WinAPI_GetLastError(), "_Security__OpenProcessToken() fails.") ExitLoop EndIf Local $avResults = GetTokenInfoUser($hToken) If @error Then ExitLoop _ArrayDisplay($avResults) ; Display the results of GetTokenInfoUser() If $hToken Then _WinAPI_CloseHandle($hToken) Return Until False If $hToken Then _WinAPI_CloseHandle($hToken) EndFunc ; Main Main() Thanks in advance.
    • tukangusil7
      By tukangusil7
      From the documentation of DllStructCreate(), it can be called using the following syntax:
      DllStructCreate(Struct, Pointer) Struct A string representing the structure to create (See Remarks). Pointer [optional] If supplied the struct will not allocate memory but use the pointer supplied. Would somebody here explain the usage of Pointer parameter clearly with some examples?
      Thank's in advance.
    • c.haslam
      By c.haslam
      In the code that follows, it appears that DllStructCreate() is not allocating memory in
      $tag = 'byte val['&$iLength&']' . . Static Local $tvalue = DllStructCreate($tag) Running the code below, the problem does not show, but it does show in a much longer script: there _GDIPlus_ImageSaveToFile only writes about 30K bytes when it should write about 1MB, which it does when the code is
      $tag = 'char val['&$iLength&']' . . Static Local $tvalue = DllStructCreate($tag) It should write about 1 MB.
      I suggest caution in running the code below. On my PC, it caused a second instance of SciTE to appear at the top left of the Desktop, showing only the title bar, with a width of only approximately 200 pixels! Then rebooting the PC showed this at login. Further, double-clicking on the SciTE shortcut on the Desktop showed SciTE in the same way! (After running Regedit, and searching for SciTE, the shortcut behaves normally.)
      I would appreciate help in determining whether or not there is a bug in DLLStructCreate, preferably a way which does not clobber Windows. Of course, It is possible that there is a bug in my code.
      I have made $tvalue Static in the hope that this might make the code run properly. Doing this did not help.
      My code is based on code written by Authenticity and ChrisL.
      #include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <Array.au3> Opt('MustDeclareVars',1) ; Property Item structure Global Const $tagGDIPPROPERTYITEM = _ "uint id;" & _ ; ID of this property "ulong length;" & _ ; Length of the property value, in bytes "word type;" & _ ; Type of the value, as one of TAG_TYPE_XXX constants "ptr pvalue;" ; pointer to property value ; Image property types constants ; Ref: https://www.media.mit.edu/pia/Research/deepview/exif.html Global Const $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEUBYTE = 1 Global Const $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEASCII = 2 Global Const $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEUSHORT = 3 Global Const $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEULONG = 4 Global Const $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEURATIONAL = 5 Global Const $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPESBYTE = 6 Global Const $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEUNDEFINED = 7 Global Const $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPESSHORT = 8 Global Const $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPESLONG = 9 Global Const $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPESRATIONAL = 10 Global Const $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPESFLOAT = 11 Global Const $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEDFLOAT = 12 main() Func main() _GDIPlus_Startup() Local $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile('H:\temp\AP test data\DSC00824 - Copy.jpg') Local $ar = _GDIPlus_ImageGetAllPropertyItemsEx($hImage) Local $propsAr[UBound($ar,1)-1][5],$vec,$j=-1 For $i = 1 To $ar[0][0] If $ar[$i][3]<>0 Then ; pValue -- for Sony! $j += 1 $propsAr[$j][0] = $ar[$i][0] ; id $propsAr[$j][1] = $ar[$i][1] ; length $propsAr[$j][2] =$ar[$i][2]; type $vec = _GDIPlus_ImageGetPropertyItemValue($ar[$i][1],$ar[$i][2],$ar[$i][3]) $propsAr[$j][3] = $vec[0] ; val1 Switch $ar[$i][2] Case 5,10 ; $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEURATIONAL,$GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPESRATIONAL $propsAr[$j][4] = $vec[1] Case Else $propsAr[$j][4] = '' EndSwitch EndIf Next ReDim $propsAr[$j+1][5] For $i = 0 To UBound($propsAr,1)-1 Switch $propsAr[$i][2] ; type Case 5,10 ; $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEURATIONAL,$GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPESRATIONAL _GDIPlus_ImageSetPropertyItemEx($hImage,$propsAr[$i][0],$propsAr[$i][1], _ $propsAr[$i][2],$propsAr[$i][3],$propsAr[$i][4]) Case Else _GDIPlus_ImageSetPropertyItemEx($hImage,$propsAr[$i][0],$propsAr[$i][1], _ $propsAr[$i][2],$propsAr[$i][3]) EndSwitch Next _GDIPlus_ImageSaveToFile($hImage,'H:\b\1.jpg') _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImage) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() EndFunc Func _GDIPlus_ImageGetAllPropertyItemsEx($hImage) Local $iI, $iCount, $tBuffer, $pBuffer, $iBuffer, $tPropertyItem, $aSize, $aPropertyItems[1][1], $aResult $aSize = _GDIPlus_ImageGetPropertySize($hImage) If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, -1) $iBuffer = $aSize[0] $tBuffer = DllStructCreate("byte[" & $iBuffer & "]") $pBuffer = DllStructGetPtr($tBuffer) $iCount = $aSize[1] $aResult = DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "uint", "GdipGetAllPropertyItems", "hwnd", $hImage, "uint", $iBuffer, "uint", $iCount, "ptr", $pBuffer) If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, -1) If $aResult[0] Then Return SetError(10, $aResult[0], False) ReDim $aPropertyItems[$iCount + 1][4] $aPropertyItems[0][0] = $iCount For $iI = 1 To $iCount $tPropertyItem = DllStructCreate($tagGDIPPROPERTYITEM, $pBuffer) $aPropertyItems[$iI][0] = DllStructGetData($tPropertyItem, "id") $aPropertyItems[$iI][1] = DllStructGetData($tPropertyItem, "length") $aPropertyItems[$iI][2] = DllStructGetData($tPropertyItem, "type") $aPropertyItems[$iI][3] = DllStructGetData($tPropertyItem, "pvalue") $pBuffer += DllStructGetSize($tPropertyItem) Next Return $aPropertyItems EndFunc Func _GDIPlus_ImageGetPropertyItemValue($iLength, $iType, $pValue) Static Local $tvalue Switch $iType Case 1,6 ; $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEUBYTE,$GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPESBYTE $tvalue = DllStructCreate('byte val',$pValue) Case 2 ; $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEASCII $tvalue = DllStructCreate('char val['&$iLength&']',$pValue) Case 3 ; $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEUSHORT $tvalue = DllStructCreate('ushort val',$pValue) Case 4 ; $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEULONG $tvalue = DllStructCreate('ulong val',$pValue) Case 5 ; $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEURATIONAL $tvalue = DllStructCreate('ulong val1;ulong val2',$pValue) Case 7 ; $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEUNDEFINED ; undefined, per specification, but may be a long but is sometimes a string $tvalue = DllStructCreate('byte val['&$ilength&']',$pValue) ; see _GDIPlus_ImageSetPropertyItemEx ;~ $tvalue = DllStructCreate('char val['&$ilength&']',$pValue) Case 8 ; $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPESSHORT $tvalue = DllStructCreate('short val',$pValue) Case 9 ; $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEULONG $tvalue = DllStructCreate('ulong val',$pValue) Case 10 ; $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPESRATIONAL $tvalue = DllStructCreate('ulong val1;ulong val2',$pValue) Case 11 ; $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPESFLOAT $tvalue = DllStructCreate('float val',$pValue) Case 12 ; $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEDFLOAT $tvalue = DllStructCreate('double val',$pValue) EndSwitch If @error Then Return SetError(@error,0,-1) Switch $iType Case 5,10 ; $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEURATIONAL,$GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPESRATIONAL Local $aRet[2] $aRet[0] = DllStructGetData($tvalue,'val1') $aRet[1] = DllStructGetData($tvalue,'val2') Case Else Local $aRet[1] $aRet[0] = DllStructGetData($tvalue,'val') EndSwitch Return $aRet EndFunc Func _GDIPlus_ImageGetPropertySize($hImage) Local $aSize[2], $aResult $aResult = DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "uint", "GdipGetPropertySize", "hwnd", $hImage, "uint*", 0, "uint*", 0) If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, -1) $aSize[0] = $aResult[2] $aSize[1] = $aResult[3] Return $aSize EndFunc ;==>_GDIPlus_ImageGetPropertySize Func _GDIPlus_ImageSetPropertyItemEx($hImage,$id,$iLength,$iType,$value1,$value2=-1) Local $tProp = DllStructCreate($tagGDIPPROPERTYITEM) DllStructSetData($tProp,'id',$id) DllStructSetData($tProp,'type',$itype) DllStructSetData($tProp,'length',$ilength) Local $tag Switch $iType Case $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEUBYTE,$GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPESBYTE $tag = 'byte val' Case $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEASCII $tag = 'char val['&$iLength&']' Case $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEUSHORT $tag = 'ushort val' Case $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEULONG $tag = 'ulong val' Case $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEURATIONAL $tag = 'ulong val1;ulong val2' Case $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEUNDEFINED ; undefined, per specification, but may be a long but is sometimes a string $tag = 'byte val['&$iLength&']' ; causes saving to jpeg to write junk ;~ $tag = 'char val['&$iLength&']' Case $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPESSHORT $tag = 'short val' Case $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEULONG $tag = 'ulong val' Case $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPESRATIONAL $tag = 'long val1;long val2' Case $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPESFLOAT $tag = 'float val' Case $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEDFLOAT $tag = 'double val' EndSwitch Static Local $tvalue = DllStructCreate($tag) Switch $iType Case $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEURATIONAL,$GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPESRATIONAL DllStructSetData($tvalue,'val1',$value1) DllStructSetData($tvalue,'val2',$value2) Case Else DllStructSetData($tvalue,1,$value1) EndSwitch DllStructSetData($tProp,'pvalue',DllStructGetPtr($tvalue)) Local $aResult = DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipSetPropertyItem", "hwnd", $hImage, "ptr", _ DllStructGetPtr($tProp)) If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, -1) If $aResult[0] Then Return SetError(10, $aResult[0], -1) Return $aResult[0] = 0 EndFunc I have seen $iLength be as much as 37 KB for $GDIP_PROPERTYTAGTYPEUNDEFINED.
      Is there is a bug, how can this be demonstrated to the developers in a few lines of code (without clobbering Windows)?

• InunoTaishou
      By InunoTaishou
      Struggling a bit to get this GDI+ function converted to AutoIt.
      #include <GDIPlus.au3> _GDIPlus_Startup() Global $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile("F:\DCIM\Camera\20170515_111804.jpg") Global $tBufferSize = DllStructCreate("uint") Global $tProperties = DllStructCreate("uint") _GDIPlus_GetPropertySize($hImage, $tBufferSize, $tProperties) Global $tAllItems = DllStructCreate("struct;char[" & DllStructGetData($tBufferSize, 1) & "];endstruct") _GDIPlus_GetAllPropertyItems($hImage, $tBufferSize, $tProperties, $tPropertyItem) _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImage) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() Func _GDIPlus_GetAllPropertyItems(ByRef $hImage, Const $tTotalBufferSize, Const $tNumProperties, ByRef $tAllItems) If (Not IsDllStruct($tPropertyItem)) Then Return SetError(-1, 0, "") Local $aResult = DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipGetAllPropertyItems", "hwnd", $hImage, "unit", DllStructGetData($tTotalBufferSize, 1), "uint", DllStructGetData($tNumProperties, 1), "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tAllItems)) If (@error) Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, ConsoleWrite("@Error = " & @error & @LF)) If ($aResult[0]) Then Return SetError($aResult[0], @extended, "") Return $aResult[0] EndFunc ;==>_GDIPlus_GetAllPropertyItems Func _GDIPlus_GetPropertySize(Const ByRef $hImage, ByRef $tTotalBufferSize, ByRef $tNumProperties) If (Not IsDllStruct($tTotalBufferSize)) Then Return SetError(-1, 0, "") If (Not IsDllStruct($tNumProperties)) Then Return SetError(-2, 0, "") Local $aResult = DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "uint", "GdipGetPropertySize", "hwnd", $hImage, "uint_ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tTotalBufferSize), "uint_ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tNumProperties)) If (@error) Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, "") If ($aResult[0]) Then Return SetError($aResult[0], 0, "") Return $aResult[0] EndFunc ;==>_GDIPlus_GetPropertySize Got the GetPropertySize function to work, gives me the correct buffer size and the property count, but I cannot figure out how to get the struct for the all items.
      Function on MSDN:
      https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms535372(v=vs.85).aspx
      Struct needed:
      PropertyItem class:
      https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms534493(v=vs.85).aspx
      Found other topics about this function in other languages where they used a blank string as the buffer, so I tried using a char array, which doesn't work. Just cannot figure out how to create the struct buffer to hold the data.
    • InunoTaishou
      By InunoTaishou
      I know you can store functions in variables but I'm interested in storing functions in structs.
      Global $tWindow = DllStructCreate("hwnd hwnd;ptr delete") $tWindow.hwnd = GUICreate("") ; works Global $pDelete = GUIDelete ; doesn't work $tWindow.delete = GUIDelete ConsoleWrite("Delete using $tWindow.delete: " & $tWindow.delete() & @LF) ConsoleWrite("Delete using $pDelete: " & $pDelete() & @LF) Maybe I'm using the wrong data type for my delete member, I've tried int, dword, ptr, handle, hwnd.