Is this possible with AutoIt?

ManualIT

I have a program that downloads newly uploaded videos from YouTube channels automatically, however this program has an issue for a while and the developer seems like doesn't want to look into it and fix, the issues is that it stops detecting new videos until i restart it.

Now i'm trying to create a script that restarts the program every 1 hour, but the idea is that i want it to check first if there's any video downloading before closing.

The program has an exit confirmation message window that only shows when there are downloads running, is it possible for AutoIt to check for that window before restarting it?

If it's possible, i would really appreciate it if you can help me on it.

Hi @ManualIT, and welcome to the AutoIt Forum :)

I can tell you that it's possible.

You just have to check if that specific message box exists, and, if it doesn't, you can close the program.

Take a look at:

• Run(), to restart the program;
  • WinExists(), function to see if that specific window exists;
  • ProcessClose(), to close the application and restart if it's not downloading any video.

I don't know if you could have some information from this tool, but, in each case, if you are not able to find some information needed to use WinExists(), here you are a fantastic AutoIt Info Tool :)

Try them, and let us know ;)

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Thank you @FrancescoDiMuro

I was trying out AutoIt for a while now since i started the thread, i wrote some codes for testing and understanding it, however, there's just one thing i need to understand.

Now in the video downloader program, when i try to close it while it's downloading a video, the confirmation window that appears doesn't show any values in the Control tab in the (Frozen) AutoIt v3 Window Info when i highlight it, it only shows the value of the Handle in the Window tab

I'm in the step of trying to let it check if that confirmation window exists by using the Handle value if possible, not sure if it works that way or the values have to be from the Control tab

• Moderators

Hi all,

Please read this announcement to understand why this thread is now locked. I realise that AutoIt would only be interacting with the third-party program, but that is close enough.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area