Latest Beta

jpm

lol, yeah, completely slipped my mind, for whatever reason :)

The new behavior is just a tad bit annoying since I reuse a DllStruct containing a string buffer (for performance reasons, since it's faster than reallocating new buffers), but I guess it's easy enough to work around (albeit ever-so-slightly slower -- hardly noticeable, so I'll can it xD). Anyhow, thanks for the replies :)

Edited by -Ultima-

[ WinINet.au3 | Array.au3 (Optimized) | _UnixTimeParse() ]

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, on second thought, let me look at the code. It may not be intended.

Edit: Alright, it is not intended. I can tell from my comments in the code that I considered the issue but did not consider people re-using the same structure.

Edited by Valik

Ah, that's cool too :) It just seemed odd to me that DllStructSetData() no longer seems to be inserting a null character when strings are copied to the buffer. I suppose the fact that I mentioned #92 and DllStructGetData() might've confused matters -- sorry about that (it was the only change between 3.2.13.7 and 3.2.13.8 that was at all related).

Edited by -Ultima-

[ WinINet.au3 | Array.au3 (Optimized) | _UnixTimeParse() ]

No, it didn't confuse matters. That was the ticket where the issue was fixed. The issue was that AutoIt *always* inserted a terminating NULL even if it caused data-loss. Now AutoIt never inserts a terminating NULL under the assumption that the buffer is pre-initialized to all NULL's. This assumption fails when the buffer is pre-populated with data.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit

3.2.13.13 (20th December, 2008) (Beta)

AutoIt:

- Added #744: StringFromASCIIArray() and StringToASCIIArray() now allow specifying an encoding.

- Fixed: Send() was incorrectly inserting a leading zero when using the {ASC 0xNNNN} format.

- Fixed: DllStructSetData() wasn't correctly terminating string buffers that had been used previously.

- Fixed #743: AutoIt Crash when Tray functions are use with invalid ID.

- Fixed #748: AutoIt Crash with DllCall(0,...).

- Updated #734: StringRegExpReplace() doc for backward reference.

UDFs:

- Updated: _SQLite 3.6.6.2 -> 3.6.7

I hate to say this Jon but the new AutoIt default Icon looks really terrible against a dark background. Very ragged edges. The old one with the "3 Tab" was much better.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I would be happy if it wasn't so dark... But its pretty nice! :)

Put it on a black background at 1024x768 and you will see what I mean.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

• Administrators

Put it on a black background at 1024x768 and you will see what I mean.

Do you mean the default AutoIt3.exe icon? It looks ok here on black, and shouldn't have ragged edges as it's got high color versions with transparency. You're not using Win 2000 by any chance?

• Moderators

I believe he's talking about when you compile an .au3 script, and use the icon that way.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Oh that, I just use a low colour icon by default (as the full icon is massive which people would moan about on a compiled script).

I don't see the icon options in the Beta Icon folder like the older ones. Maybe use the massive one as default and stick the low color one in the Icon directory?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I believe he's talking about when you compile an .au3 script, and use the icon that way.

Thats it. It's not too difficult to see the ragged edges in that shot.

Jo, I'm running XP. Win 2K is from a lost era.

George

• Moderators

the new icon looks very bad, the old one was nice and good.

I'm quite sure he got the picture (literally), no need for others to chime in.

• 1 month later...

@SmOke_N

yes... but this new icon really looks like a peace of cr@p... it's like we're back in 97' with an antique autoit version...

but you are correct ...

I'm ALSO quite sure he got the picture (literally), no need for others to chime in.

lol :)

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

• 2 months later...

Will there be any new Pixel Processing functions? talking about graphics... AutoIt got only 2 functions to process a visual image, and they can be so simple(small) yet so powerful if only we had few more built-in to work with. THX!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for that, but it is time for the next version ^_^

I'm looking forward testing the stuff Valik fixed.(Proxy)

And I hope he has some time to rewrite the inifunctions.

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Sorry for that, but it is time for the next version ^_^

Not yet.

I'm looking forward testing the stuff Valik fixed.(Proxy)

It's probably going to be re-written again. I'm not sure what testing it will do at this point since I intend to re-write all the InetGet() code from scratch (again).

And I hope he has some time to rewrite the inifunctions.

Far too many other things are above this on the list.