#include <Array.au3>

Local $sFile = @ScriptFullPath & ".xml"
If @error = 0 Then
    _XMLCreateFile ($sFile, "Work", True)
    _XMLFileOpen ($sFile)
    _XMLCreateRootChild("Day")
    $attribs = _ArrayCreate("Start")
    $values = _ArrayCreate("1200")
    _XMLCreateChildNode("Work/Day", "Enheder")
    _XMLCreateChildNodeWAttr("Work/Day/Enheder", "Enhed", $attribs, $values)
EndIf

The last entry is not written as far as I can see

You are correct. :shocked: I rewrote the fuction as _XmlCreateChildWAttr() and forgot to rename it. :( I have fixed it now. I just mapped _XMLCreateChildNodeWAttr to _XmlCreateChildWAttr and deleted the obsolete code. I have updated the downloads.

This should be your output now:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
     <Work>
     <Day>
     <Enheder>
     <Enhed Start="1200"/>
     </Enheder>
     </Day>
     </Work>

eltorro

I uploaded it again. I clicked on the download link and looked at the code and for sure it's what I uploaded now.

eltorro.

Nice works now :shocked:

You should change the last updated text 04.03.2007 (Version 1.0.3.39) and now the function produce this output in the console - (Not important as it works, but may confuse)

>Running:(3.2.2.0):C:\Programmer\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Kalle\Skrivebord\test.au3"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>+>18:02:38 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

+>18:02:39 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit

First off let me just say i Love this UDF, great work eltorro

I am useing the same Longhorn Unattend_LH.xml file that Jazkal posted about. I am currently useing your suggested solution of adding a Prefix and it is working great with the XMLUpdateField function.

This works great

_XMLUpdateField("/un:unattend/un:settings/un:component/un:UILanguage","NewValue")oÝ÷ Øz0z÷«Â§"Úò¶¬z+pØmåÌ,*Þj×)]6^~éܶ*'ÖvƧºw±¥ç-yÖ­¶¸º×+"²Ø^.)Þ!©±è§«­¢+Ø%}a51
ÉÑ
¡¥±9½ ÅÕ½Ðì½Õ¸éÕ¹Ñѹ½Õ¸éÍÑÑ¥¹Ì½Õ¸é½µÁ½¹¹Ð½Õ¸éUÍɽչÑÌÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí1½±½Õ¹ÑÌÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì¤$

and it is Adding This to the XML file

<LocalAccounts xmlns=""/>

I am Trying to get THis as a Result

<LocalAccounts />

There is always a butthead in the crowd, no matter how hard one tries to keep them out.......Volly

First off let me just say i Love this UDF, great work eltorro

I am useing the same Longhorn Unattend_LH.xml file that Jazkal posted about. I am currently useing your suggested solution of adding a Prefix and it is working great with the XMLUpdateField function.

This works great

_XMLUpdateField("/un:unattend/un:settings/un:component/un:UILanguage","NewValue")oÝ÷ Øz0z÷«Â§"Úò¶¬z+pØmåÌ,*Þj×)]6^~éܶ*'ÖvƧºw±¥ç-yÖ­¶¸º×+"²Ø^.)Þ!©±è§«­¢+Ø}a51
ÉÑ
¡¥±9½ ÅÕ½Ðì½Õ¸éÕ¹Ñѹ½Õ¸éÍÑÑ¥¹Ì½Õ¸é½µÁ½¹¹Ð½Õ¸éUÍɽչÑÌÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí1½±½Õ¹ÑÌÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì¤oÝ÷ Ù©Ýج×báËh¶0·âç(uî´.¢éí³¥

eltorro

That Worked for the _XMLCreateChildNode thank you for your help, I really apreciate it, also thank you for the Microsoft support link. I ended up using

_XMLCreateChildNode("/un:unattend/un:settings/un:component/un:UserAccounts","LocalAccounts","","urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend")

I also noticed there is No "Create Node Attribute" Function in your UDF, is that because it isnt possible to add an Attribute after a node has been created?

There is always a butthead in the crowd, no matter how hard one tries to keep them out.......Volly

I think this won't work because the node doesn't exist.

_XMLCreateChildNodeWAttr("/un:unattend/un:settings/un:component/un:UserAccounts/un:LocalAccounts", "LocalAccounts", "wcm:action", "add","","urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend")oÝ÷ Ø"¶Ë©¦vÚzØb±«­¢+Ù}a51
ÉÑ
¡¥±9½]ÑÑÈ ÅÕ½Ðì½Õ¸éÕ¹Ñѹ½Õ¸éÍÑÑ¥¹Ì½Õ¸é½µÁ½¹¹Ð½Õ¸éUÍɽչÑÌÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí1½±½Õ¹ÑÌÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐíÝ´éÑ¥½¸ÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐíÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐíÕɸéÍ¡µÌµµ¥É½Í½Ðµ½´éÕ¹ÑѹÅÕ½ÐìoÝ÷ Ú«¨µâÊ'¢ØyÛaz·¢°Ú*ºB­æ­xÚxm®&îµê®¢ÑnËb¢x§Ê«P1b²ØZµ·jëجÚh²Èëhi×Zm®&îµæµêÚ^«yéÜ­æ­yßêº^bj{¬ysIë@¶ÚânÚ­æ­zØ^jÛk»­y«­¢+Ø)}a51MÑÑÑÉ¥ ÅÕ½Ðì½Õ¸éÕ¹Ñѹ½Õ¸éÍÑÑ¥¹Ì½Õ¸é½µÁ½¹¹Ð½Õ¸éUÍɽչÑ̽ոé1½±½Õ¹ÑÌÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐíÝ´éÑ¥½¸ÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐíÅÕ½Ðì¤oÝ÷ Ù»­ü¨º¯zj+zØZYµÈb èuè­Â)ei×mæ­¶¸º×­¡©e¡ûazb-Â¥u·§yǬ±ªò¶¨­ç±¦XÙrªæ¥ü­êZ¶¬xØ^­©â×±z'îºjPr§¶Íh­©×=«aªç«Ég¥uçW0°«y«^Ûk¶§Ë²°pYZuÛay«m®&îµëh¶~*ì·öæj×!x'¡×+%yÛhiÊ.¦W¨~az·âÅë-¢yø«²Úh²Ö®¶­s`¥õÔÄ7&VFTGG&"gV÷C²÷Vã§VæGFVæB÷Vã§6WGFæw2÷Vã¦6ö×öæVçB÷Vã¥W6W$66÷VçG2÷Vã¤Æö6Ä66÷VçG2gV÷C²ÂgV÷C·v6Ó¦7FöâgV÷C²ÂgV÷C¶FBgV÷C²

eltorro

Edited by eltorro

Is it supposed to be this?

No, That was My Bad, The Line I posted was correct because in my Script I create that First "LocalAccounts" Node at an earlyer Point. So at the time I run that line the node has already been created. Sorry for not includeing that.

Thank you for the Update and Suggestions, _XMLCreateAttrib seems to be workin Great :shocked:

Excellent - this was just what I was looking for! Any ideas on an error I am getting? I am using the following function to change the settings for a scanner program before I launch it:

Func _ScanSettings()
    $sXmlFile ="C:\settings.xml"
    If @error Then
        MsgBox(4096, "File Open", "Cannot open PACSScan XML File")
        Exit
    Else
        $oOXml = ""
        $oOXml = _XMLFileOpen($sXmlFile)
    EndIf
    If Not IsObj($oOXml) then
        MsgBox(0,"Error","No Xml file.")
        Exit
    EndIf
    $sRet = _XMLSelectNodes ("//SETTINGS/*")
    For $i = 1 to $sRet[0]
        Select
            Case $sRet[$i] = "STATIONNAME"
                _XMLUpdateField("SETTINGS/*[" & $i & "]", $Location)
            Case $sRet[$i] = "COLORMODE"
                _XMLUpdateField("SETTINGS/*[" & $i & "]", $ColorMode)
            Case $sRet[$i] = "AUTOINVERT"
                _XMLUpdateField("SETTINGS/*[" & $i & "]", $AutoInvert)  
        EndSelect
    Next
EndFunc

The second time the function is called I get this error:

COM Error with DOM!

err.description is:

err.windescription: Invalid class string

err.number is: 800401F3

err.lastdllerror is: 14000

err.scriptline is: 111

err.source is:

err.helpfile is:

err.helpcontext is:

I see I am having trouble with this portion of the XML DOM wrapper include, but I don't know what to do.

$objDoc = ObjCreate("Msxml2.DOMdocument." & $x & ".0")

Thanks!

Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing towards what will be. - Kahlil Gibran

Excellent - this was just what I was looking for! Any ideas on an error I am getting? I am using the following function to change the settings for a scanner program before I launch it:

Func _ScanSettings()
        $sXmlFile ="C:\settings.xml"
        If @error Then
            MsgBox(4096, "File Open", "Cannot open PACSScan XML File")
            Exit
        Else
            $oOXml = ""
            $oOXml = _XMLFileOpen($sXmlFile)
        EndIf
        If Not IsObj($oOXml) then
            MsgBox(0,"Error","No Xml file.")
            Exit
        EndIf
        $sRet = _XMLSelectNodes ("//SETTINGS/*")
        For $i = 1 to $sRet[0]
            Select
                Case $sRet[$i] = "STATIONNAME"
                    _XMLUpdateField("SETTINGS/*[" & $i & "]", $Location)
                Case $sRet[$i] = "COLORMODE"
                    _XMLUpdateField("SETTINGS/*[" & $i & "]", $ColorMode)
                Case $sRet[$i] = "AUTOINVERT"
                    _XMLUpdateField("SETTINGS/*[" & $i & "]", $AutoInvert)  
            EndSelect
        Next
    EndFunc

The second time the function is called I get this error:

COM Error with DOM!

err.description is:

err.windescription: Invalid class string

err.number is: 800401F3

err.lastdllerror is: 14000

err.scriptline is: 111

err.source is:

err.helpfile is:

err.helpcontext is:

I see I am having trouble with this portion of the XML DOM wrapper include, but I don't know what to do.

$objDoc = ObjCreate("Msxml2.DOMdocument." & $x & ".0")

Thanks!

What's happening is that the loop is trying to find the latest version of MSXML. I set the highest number to look for at 8 ( future??). Currently, I believe msxml is at ver 6. I guess I should supress the error message unless no version is found.

If you want to know what version the udf is using, open a file and call _XMLGetDomVersion(). You can set the the loop to that version or call the _XMLFileOpen with an explicit version number.

_XMLFileOpen("myfile.xml","",4)

What I need is a better way to determine version.

Edit: :) Duh. Just search System32 :D

Edited by eltorro

What's happening is that the loop is trying to find the latest version of MSXML. I set the highest number to look for at 8 ( future??). Currently, I believe msxml is at ver 6. I guess I should supress the error message unless no version is found.

If you want to know what version the udf is using, open a file and call _XMLGetDomVersion(). You can set the the loop to that version or call the _XMLFileOpen with an explicit version number.

_XMLFileOpen("myfile.xml","",4)

What I need is a better way to determine version.

Edit: :) Duh. Just search System32 :D

Thanks Eltorro! I modified my script to use _XMLGetDomVersion() after the first _XMLFileOpen to get the version number. Then call subsequent _XMLFileOpen's with the explicit version number. This seems to be working fine. Thanks for your help!
Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing towards what will be. - Kahlil Gibran

Updated the download. The search for the version now look is @Systemdir for msxml[x].dll.

Updated the download. The search for the version now look is @Systemdir for msxml[x].dll.

There is a typing mistake in this version! This did not work!

If FileExists(@SystemDir&"msxml"&$x&".dll") Then
oÝ÷ Ø
=Ú+&Ë"
÷"Û!¢é]m殶­s`¤bfÆTW7G277FVÔF"fײgV÷C²b3#¶×7ÖÂgV÷C²fײb33c·fײgV÷C²æFÆÂgV÷C²FVà

Both in _XMLCreateFile and _XMLFileOpen (lines 126 and 203).

By the way... Great UDF!

• 4 weeks later...

First off I really like this UDF, so far it is working well. However I am getting an error attempting to create grandchild nodes.

ACTUAL OUTPUT:

<menu>

<folder name="Antivirus" oscode="255">

<item xmlns="0" name="Norton Antivirus" target="WINFILES\Antivirus\Norton\NAV.exe" oscode="112" />

<item xmlns="0" name="AVG" target="WINFILES\Antivirus\AVG\avg.exe" oscode="112" />

</folder>

<folder name="Spyware" oscode="255">

<folder xmlns="0" name="Install" oscode="255" />

<folder xmlns="0" name="Run" oscode="255" />

</folder>

</menu>

EXPECTED OUTPUT:

<menu>

<item xmlns="0" name="Norton Antivirus" target="WINFILES\Antivirus\Norton\NAV.exe" oscode="112" />

<item xmlns="0" name="AVG" target="WINFILES\Antivirus\AVG\avg.exe" oscode="112" />

</folder>

<folder xmlns="0" name="Install" oscode="255">

<item name="Spyware Auto Install" target="WINFILES\Spyware\spywareinstall.exe" oscode="" />

</folder>

<folder xmlns="0" name="Run" oscode="255">

<item name="Spyware Auto Install" target="WINFILES\Spyware\spywarerun.exe" oscode="" />

</folder>

</folder>

</menu>

#include "_XMLDomWrapper.au3"
#include <Array.au3>

Local $sFile = "archrival.xml"

FileDelete ( $sFile )

_XMLCreateFile ($sFile, "menu", True)
_XMLFileOpen ($sFile)

$ATTRIBS1 = _ArrayCreate("name", "oscode")
$ATTRIBS2 = _ArrayCreate("name", "target", "oscode")

;Root folders
_XMLCreateRootNodeWAttr("folder", $ATTRIBS1, _ArrayCreate("Antivirus", "255"))
_XMLCreateRootNodeWAttr("folder", $ATTRIBS1, _ArrayCreate("Spyware", "255"))

;Child folders
_XMLCreateChildWAttr("/menu/folder[@name='Spyware']", "folder", $ATTRIBS1, _ArrayCreate("Install", "255"))
_XMLCreateChildWAttr("/menu/folder[@name='Spyware']", "folder", $ATTRIBS1, _ArrayCreate("Run", "255"))

;Grandchild items
$R1 = _XMLCreateChildWAttr("/menu/folder[@name='Spyware']/folder[@name='Install']", "item", $ATTRIBS2, _ArrayCreate("Spyware Auto Install", "WINFILES\Spyware\spywareinstall.exe", "255"))
$R2 = _XMLCreateChildWAttr("/menu/folder[@name='Spyware']/folder[@name='Run']", "item", $ATTRIBS2, _ArrayCreate("Spyware Auto Run", "WINFILES\Spyware\spywarerun.exe", "255"))

;These should work as well but doesn't
;$R1 = _XMLCreateChildWAttr("/menu/folder[@name='Spyware']/folder[0]", "item", $ATTRIBS2, _ArrayCreate("Spyware Auto Install", "WINFILES\Spyware\spywareinstall.exe", "255"))
;$R2 = _XMLCreateChildWAttr("/menu/folder[@name='Spyware']/folder[1]", "item", $ATTRIBS2, _ArrayCreate("Spyware Auto Run", "WINFILES\Spyware\spywarerun.exe", "255"))

;Child items
_XMLCreateChildWAttr("/menu/folder[@name='Antivirus']", "item", $ATTRIBS2, _ArrayCreate("Norton Antivirus", "WINFILES\Antivirus\Norton\NAV.exe", "112"))
_XMLCreateChildWAttr("/menu/folder[@name='Antivirus']", "item", $ATTRIBS2, _ArrayCreate("AVG", "WINFILES\Antivirus\AVG\avg.exe", "112"))

MsgBox(0,"", $R1 & @CRLF & $R2)

EDIT: To accomplish this with XMLStarlet I had to use this command

xml ed -s "/menu/folder[@name='Spyware']/folder[@name='Install']" -t elem -n "item" -v "12345" archrival.xml

Where -s is used for subnode instead of -i for insert.

Edited by weaponx

First off I really like this UDF, so far it is working well. However I am getting an error attempting to create grandchild nodes.

ACTUAL OUTPUT:

<menu>

</folder>

<folder xmlns="0" name="Install" oscode="255" />

<folder xmlns="0" name="Run" oscode="255" />

</folder>

</menu>

EXPECTED OUTPUT:

<menu>

</folder>

<folder xmlns="0" name="Install" oscode="255">

<item name="Spyware Auto Install" target="WINFILES\Spyware\spywareinstall.exe" oscode="" />

</folder>

<folder xmlns="0" name="Run" oscode="255">

<item name="Spyware Auto Install" target="WINFILES\Spyware\spywarerun.exe" oscode="" />

</folder>

</folder>

</menu>

#include "_XMLDomWrapper.au3"
#include <Array.au3>

Local $sFile = "archrival.xml"

FileDelete ( $sFile )

_XMLCreateFile ($sFile, "menu", True)
_XMLFileOpen ($sFile)

$ATTRIBS1 = _ArrayCreate("name", "oscode")
$ATTRIBS2 = _ArrayCreate("name", "target", "oscode")

;Root folders
_XMLCreateRootNodeWAttr("folder", $ATTRIBS1, _ArrayCreate("Antivirus", "255"))
_XMLCreateRootNodeWAttr("folder", $ATTRIBS1, _ArrayCreate("Spyware", "255"))

;Child folders
_XMLCreateChildWAttr("/menu/folder[@name='Spyware']", "folder", $ATTRIBS1, _ArrayCreate("Install", "255"))
_XMLCreateChildWAttr("/menu/folder[@name='Spyware']", "folder", $ATTRIBS1, _ArrayCreate("Run", "255"))

;Grandchild items
$R1 = _XMLCreateChildWAttr("/menu/folder[@name='Spyware']/folder[@name='Install']", "item", $ATTRIBS2, _ArrayCreate("Spyware Auto Install", "WINFILES\Spyware\spywareinstall.exe", "255"))
$R2 = _XMLCreateChildWAttr("/menu/folder[@name='Spyware']/folder[@name='Run']", "item", $ATTRIBS2, _ArrayCreate("Spyware Auto Run", "WINFILES\Spyware\spywarerun.exe", "255"))

;These should work as well but doesn't
;$R1 = _XMLCreateChildWAttr("/menu/folder[@name='Spyware']/folder[0]", "item", $ATTRIBS2, _ArrayCreate("Spyware Auto Install", "WINFILES\Spyware\spywareinstall.exe", "255"))
;$R2 = _XMLCreateChildWAttr("/menu/folder[@name='Spyware']/folder[1]", "item", $ATTRIBS2, _ArrayCreate("Spyware Auto Run", "WINFILES\Spyware\spywarerun.exe", "255"))

;Child items
_XMLCreateChildWAttr("/menu/folder[@name='Antivirus']", "item", $ATTRIBS2, _ArrayCreate("Norton Antivirus", "WINFILES\Antivirus\Norton\NAV.exe", "112"))
_XMLCreateChildWAttr("/menu/folder[@name='Antivirus']", "item", $ATTRIBS2, _ArrayCreate("AVG", "WINFILES\Antivirus\AVG\avg.exe", "112"))

MsgBox(0,"", $R1 & @CRLF & $R2)

EDIT: To accomplish this with XMLStarlet I had to use this command

xml ed -s "/menu/folder[@name='Spyware']/folder[@name='Install']" -t elem -n "item" -v "12345" archrival.xml

Where -s is used for subnode instead of -i for insert.

Thanks for the reply, I glad you like the UDF. :)

I apologize for not replying sooner. I got figure out why I don't get subscription notification on the thread.

I tracked your problem down to a namespace issue that was probably introduce with the last fix. It should work now.

This will be the output:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
  <menu>
  <item name="Norton Antivirus" target="WINFILES\Antivirus\Norton\NAV.exe" oscode="112"/>
  <item name="AVG" target="WINFILES\Antivirus\AVG\avg.exe" oscode="112"/>
  </folder>
  <folder name="Install" oscode="255">
  <item name="Spyware Auto Install" target="WINFILES\Spyware\spywareinstall.exe" oscode="255"/>
  </folder>
  <folder name="Run" oscode="255">
  <item name="Spyware Auto Run" target="WINFILES\Spyware\spywarerun.exe" oscode="255"/>
  </folder>
  </folder>
  </menu>

Notice that 'xmlns="0"' is not in the above output. That was being added because of the bug and causing your node creation to fail.

Edit: typo.

Edited by eltorro

Hello - first a big "thank you" for this UDF - I just started with it, but it seems to be VERY useful (BTW: why isn't it part of the 'legal' AU3-release??)

Second: I am writing this not just to say how I like the UDF - of course I have a problem ...

I have to change some settings in .xml files like this:

<!DOCTYPE preferences>

<preferences application="XML" version="0.9" >

<group name="Environments" >

<option key="ARCH_BUILD" type="2" value="$KU_SRC/buildings/" />

<option key="BE_PARA" type="2" value="$KU_SRC/para/" />

.... (much more lines of 'options') ...

</group>

</preferences>

With

$var = _XMLGetAttrib("preferences/group[starts-with(@name,'Environments')]/option[starts-with(@key,'ARCH_BUILD')]", "value")

I can get attribute texts, but ONLY after kicking the 'DOCTYPE'-line, otherwise _XMLGetAttrib returns an error. As I know, the syntax of the doctype-line is wrong, but it is (and will be) part of the files.

Is it possible to get it working WITH this line?

Regards and thanks,

Linus

I can get attribute texts, but ONLY after kicking the 'DOCTYPE'-line, otherwise _XMLGetAttrib returns an error. As I know, the syntax of the doctype-line is wrong, but it is (and will be) part of the files.

Is it possible to get it working WITH this line?

Regards and thanks,

Linus

Hi, and Thanks for the interest!

After some digging, it seems that the simple solution is to add the following to _XMLFileOpen() before $objDoc.Load($strFile)

$objDoc.validateOnParse = false
oÝ÷ Ù8b³
+Ì"¶¡Ë¦z{Hµë-yØ^­â&k)æ©àzÚ-çîËb¢x^i׫jwZuÖ§¢Ø^®mÚö«¦åzÚ"µ«­¢+Ø)Õ¹}a51¥±=Á¸ ÀÌØíÍÑÉa51¥±°ÀÌØíÍÑÉ9µMÁôÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØíÙÈô´Ä°ÀÌØíY±=¹AÉÍôÑÉÕ¤(¸¸¸(ÀÌØí½©½¹Ù±¥Ñ=¹AÉÍôÀÌØíY±=¹AÉÍ(ÀÌØí½©½¹1½ ÀÌØíÍÑÉ¥±¤(¸¸¸¸

Another possible solution is to create a dummy preferences.dtd if the original can't be found.