Fingerprint authorization

I have a number of applications that need to be opened early in the am. I have the script running well, the issue is one of the applications requires a fingerprint scan.

Is there any way to scan the fingerprint to a file and submit it, so the whole process can be seamless?

• Developers

I hope this is not possible and if so I do not think we want to discuss any security manipulating scripts!
These measures tend to be there for a reason.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Jos

If you can encrypt your fingerprint scan, and decrypt it in your script that wouldn't be manipulative. Actually, not sure how using a file of your fingerprint or your actual fingerprint is any different. If you can encrypt your scan, then anyone who happened to get the file would still need the decryption key or it would be useless. But yes, I can see why this would be hard to accomplish.

• Developers

A userid/password is a "what I know" security measure, which is less of an issue, but a fingerprint scan is a "what I have" security measure and is in my view a manipulation.
There is a reason why this is done, which is that only the authorised person(s) can open the program, which you would invalidate when you make this scriptable.

So this is a NoNo for me unless somebody can think of any reason why this would ever be plausible.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)