Sign in to follow this  
khanhvd21

Problems encountered when using AutoIT in the LocalSystem account

Hi,

Issue - uninstall older versions of MS Visio and MS Project using Uninstall in the registry. If running from Add / Remove programs, user interaction is required to confirm uninstall. I was unable to find any switches for this process to run silently. I also do not want to start selecting all updates and other components of the original installation so that I can uninstall them manually, as there may be a lot. The installation vendor makes it clean. If I set up the deployment script to run this focus, the script will run as a system and not interact with the desktop.
I have a few questions that need to be answered:
1. When a process runs in the system account, are there any detectable "windows", even though the system user has no records?
2. If so, is it possible to locate and click a specific button on the generated window? 3. Are there any code examples I can share?

Tks!

John.

It should just be MsiExec /x {Guid} /qn /norestart, for example to remove Project Standard 2016 32-bit it would be:

RunWait("MsiExec.exe /X{90160000-003A-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} /QN /NORESTART")
Or you can hide any window using the @SW_HIDE, although you shouldn't require this for standard msiexec command.
RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c MsiExec.exe /X{90160000-003A-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE} /QN /NORESTART", "", @SW_HIDE)