MPV Player

Belini

I am testing version 2.0.0.0 which runs on windows xp but could not send any command to the player using StdinWrite () does this player support slave mode? Is it possible to send commands to MPV as they are sent to Mplayer?

If anyone knows how to send commands to MVP please post here as it will help me a lot.

Edited by Belini

• Moderators

@Belini I have split your topic off; as the OP never found an answer, and as you yourself note it is an old topic, there is no benefit to necroing the post.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Thank you @ JLogan3o13

In the tests I did here StdoutRead () works but StdinWrite () doesn't send commands to MPV

I was suggested to embed libmpv directly into the code to get the functions on but I don't even know where to start this, does anyone know how to do it and can give me tips on how to do it?

libmpv  https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv-examples/tree/master/libmpv#methods-of-embedding-the-video-window