can you read data from an html from another browser?

• Moderators

Yes

Seem like the answer is a little light on details? That would be because your request was too :)

Explain in detail what you're trying to accomplish and we'd be happy to help.

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Thanks, what a shame it is that I am new to this of auto it and I have realized that to read information from the html _IEDocReadHTML is used, but it only works if I run it in internet explorer and I need to run it in edge, I don't know if I am hinting.

Postscript: My English is not very good.

Edited by Jos
normalized the font - lets keep it this way please

• Moderators

Yes, reading the documentation on a function usually goes a long way toward explaining what you can do with it (and in this case would have clued you in to the fact that any function starting with _IE is for, well, IE).

Again, if you would explain in detail what you are attempting to accomplish, we would be better able to assist you with alternatives.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

also, if you are only interested on the HTML source of a web page, you can simply use commands like InetGet(), InetRead(), _INetGetSource(). Such commands doesn't relies on any browser and can get the html listing directly from the web server.

Local $sURL = "http://www.autoitscript.com"
Local $sHTML = BinaryToString(InetRead($sURL))
MsgBox(0, "HTML", $sHTML)

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....