If @error doesn't react, instead the bot dies

I wanted a simple bot that helps me look up my favorite manga side, search for a button that only exists when a new chapter has been updated and leave the open window for me to read when I come back.

Sometimes this works perfectly fine and sometimes it somehow gets an error. I have no idea why he gets it. as it is random which chapter gives the error and which doesn't. I also have run throughts where there is no error at all. 

Wanting to just ask again if it fails I added the if @error Then statement that I've seen before but somehow if the error happens  AutoIt3.exe simply stops.

Func lookForUpdate($link)

$ie = ObjCreate ("InternetExplorer.Application")

With $ie
    .visible = True
    .navigate($link)
    While($ie.busy)
    WEnd
    Sleep(3500)
    $button = .document.getElementsByTagName("a")
    If @error Then
        _IEQuit($ie)
        lookForUpdate($link)
    Else

$found = False

For $b in $button
            if $b.innerHTML = "NEXT CHAPTER" Then
                $found= True
                ConsoleWrite($link)
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        Next
        If Not $found Then
            _IEQuit($ie)
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndWith

EndFunc

the Error message is that "==> The requested action with this object has failed.:" 
and  $button = .document.getElementsByTagName("a") is the marked line in my code.
When I get that message I would like the system to continue on and try again.

You cannot catch @error after a COM statement without a custom COM error handler.  Without a custom COM error handler, the script just stops with an error, as you have been experiencing.  The custom COM error handler doesn't have to do anything in particular, it just has to exist so that you can process the statement after the COM statement that had the error.

Carefully read and look at the example under COM Error Handling, in the Help file, under the COM Reference topic:
https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/intro/ComRef.htm

Edited by TheXman

Thanks for the Link, I now got a Com Error Handler, and he gives me the necessary info that  I got a wrong Variable Type. Randomly. 
Sadly the bot still terminates. I did a few small edits to my function, having it now return an boolean at the end if it ran into an error. which is does but then AutoIt3.exe still stops.

Since I'm calling the method more then once I simply wanted it to give me the failed check and move on.

for $s = 0 to 19 Step +1
    if Not lookForUpdate($arr[$s]) Then
        ConsoleWrite("Error for Number " & $s)
    EndIf
Next

and while it does write down the error. when it randomly starts not working in the middle the array every following doesn't work until it terminates a little before the actual end of the list.

So while the error handler works to some degree it doesn't fully. But for this thread my question got answered.