Send Ticker to Main window

Hello!

I am new to the forums but am interested in what AutoIt has to offer.

Ok, so I have a challenging ask for anyone that would like to help.

In my TOS Java stock trading program, I have two monitors open.

On the left monitor I have a 2x2 grid with a total of 6 charts. 
Each CELL in the grid has a ticker text box at top left populated with a ticker (i.e. STOCK3)

On the right monitor I have my MAIN window with order flow and that's where orders are executed.
This window also has a ticker text box at top left to type in a ticker. TOS refers to this as the "symbol entry" or "symbol selector" box.

Here is the workflow I'd like to have in place:

1. I hover the cursor on any CELL in 2x2 grid (let's say CELL 3)
2. Trigger: Hotkey 
3. Action: Send ticker (STOCK3) in top left of CELL 3 to MAIN window ticker box and press return.

I know that "move mouse" commands are generally a last resort so I'd like to get this done with a script.
This is a Java program. 

There is also a right click menu in TOS that accomplishes this workflow that could perhaps be scripted to a hotkey trigger. It goes like this:

1. Click on "Symbol Actions Icon"
2. Mouse over "Send STOCK3 to"
3. Click on [3] BLUE (this is the MAIN window ticker box)

I have included pictures to better illustrate the desired workflow automation:

Any ideas on how to map this workflow to a hotkey?  

I really don't know much about writing scripts but if AutoIt can do it I would download the app for sure!

Lots of other automation to do as well.

Thanks in advance.

TOS2x4gridandMAIN.png

TOSrightclickMenu.png

I would suggest not to setup hotkeys to interact with thinkorswim. It's bad enough when it takes a while for your order to hit the market, now you are planning on having an external program interact with it? You hit your hotkey and think it didn't register then hit it again and you are positioned for an amount you didn't expect or want. Or, the hotkey doesn't execute fast enough and you lost money. I thought of doing the same thing but reconsidered....just my 2cents. Stick with thinkorswims hotkeys, or use a different broker with an app with more extensive hotkeys. Good luck.

What Faustf is asking is if you downloaded Scite yet and used the au3info located under tools menu. When you use that, you hover the mouse over windows or controls and it tells you information about what you are looking at to interface.

Hello, thanks for chiming in! If you read over my posted workflow I would not be using a hotkey to enter an order. I agree with you there, probably not the best idea. The hotkey trigger would send the ticker to the main window and press enter and that's it. From that point I would be manually placing an order with the platform's hotkey. It would simply be a quick way to send a ticker to the active window. 

I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules, I could not find any on the subject but I am willing to pay anyone who can provide me with a working script for this if someone would like to help. I simply do not have the time right now but I could really use the functionality.

Seems to be doable, with just a few actions in the workflow.

I work in IT so any instructions you would have me do, i.e. installing, troubleshooting, etc. I would have no problem doing.

As a sidenote, you can download TOS papermoney which is free to use for testing and should have the same interface/menus that I would be using.

https://platform.thinkorswim.com/platform/index.html#!/pmregister

Pm me if anyone can help, thanks.

19 hours ago, FredMP said:

I simply do not have the time

Just a reference for a simple approach:

i'm using something like this with RemoteApps:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n ; In order for the x86 DLLs to work

#include "OpenCV-Match_UDF.au3"

Opt('WinWaitDelay', 250)
Opt('WinDetectHiddenText', 1)
Opt('MouseCoordMode', 1)
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase
Opt("SendKeyDelay", 50)
Opt("SendKeyDownDelay", Default)
Opt("SendCapslockMode", 1)

Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)

;needed for Windows Task Scheduler: "Failed loading DLLs"
FileChangeDir(@ScriptDir)

;Pauses execution of the script until the requested window exists
;Help. Window Titles and Text (Advanced): When you use a window handle for the title parameter[s] then the text parameter[s are] completely ignored.
Global $sTit = "Some Title", $sTxt = ""
Global $hWnd = WinWait($sTit, $sTxt, 20)
;You can use the WinActive() function to check if WinActivate() succeeded.
If Not WinActive($hWnd, $sTxt) Then WinActivate($hWnd, $sTxt)
If WinWaitActive($hWnd, $sTxt, 10) = 0 Then
   MsgBox(0, "Error", "Window not active:" & $sTit, 4)
   ;_FileWriteLog($hFile, "WinWaitActive TimeOut: " & $sTit)
   ;Global $hActive = WinGetHandle("[active]")
   $sTit = WinGetTitle("[active]")
   MsgBox(0, "Error", "[active] " & $sTit, 4)
   Exit
Else
   WinSetState($hWnd, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
   ;_FileWriteLog($hFile, "WinWaitActive OK: " & $sTit)
EndIf
Sleep(1000)

_OpenCV_Startup();loads opencv DLLs
_OpenCV_EnableLogging(True,True,True) ;Logs matches, errors in a log file and autoit console output.

;Please note that these examples might not work as the match pictures have to be found with the exact same size on your screen.
Global $sCoords[4] = [32, 131, 59,146]
Global $Match1 = _MatchPicture(@ScriptDir & "\Match\test_01.png", 0.70, $sCoords, 10, 1000);Try to find the match picture on the screen. Number of tries: 10, Sleep between each try: 500ms.
If Not @error Then
   _MarkMatch($Match1) ;Debugging: Draws a rect on the screen/coordinates of the match to show the user where the match was found
   Sleep(100)
   _ClickMouse($Match1, "left",1) ;Calculates the center of the match and clicks the left mouse once on click position
   Sleep(1000)
Else
   Exit
EndIf

Global $sCoords[4] = [340, 277, 353,290]
Global $Match1 = _MatchPicture(@ScriptDir & "\Match\test_02.png", 0.70, $sCoords, 10, 1000);Try to find the match picture on the screen. Number of tries: 10, Sleep between each try: 500ms.
If Not @error Then
   _MarkMatch($Match1) ;Debugging: Draws a rect on the screen/coordinates of the match to show the user where the match was found
   Sleep(100)
   _ClickMouse($Match1, "left",1) ;Calculates the center of the match and clicks the left mouse once on click position
   Sleep(500)
Else
   Exit
EndIf

_OpenCV_Shutdown();Closes DLLs

@faustf 

Would AssertJ work in tandem with AutoIt?

@robertocm 

Could you elaborate on how I would do this?

So basically, all you need to do is provide a path to the match picture 

Someone else suggested using Microsoft UI Automation.

So now I have 3 suggestions: AssertJ, OpenCV, and Microsoft UI Automation.

Which one is more likely to work and would be easiest to set up?

And then assuming I have picked an option, like say AssertJ, what are the steps? what do I need to download and run?

Included in the .zip file, there is a folder called Snapshot-Tool

Use the SnapshotTool.au3 script to save a png file

As described by the udf author BBs19:

On 2/8/2017 at 11:19 PM, BBs19 said:

Includes a Snapshot-Tool that creates snapshots of a certain area(buttons, text etc.) on the screen and generates the code that is required for the matching. It can also be used to get the coordinates to a marked area on the screen in order to check only on a certain area for the match picture.