7/02/2021: Uploaded a new release candidate of the new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v21.203.1500.3

Jos

• Developers
2 minutes ago, KnutJ said:

The difference can be seen from comparing the title bar to the menutext and the sourcecode

Sorry but I don't see any issue on that screen capture and looks like mine:

image.png.31627f380e93fc020badf4f43cd3db7b.png

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

other browser 6f6c88e6999bcd898491d4a0e6a09802bb6ee8de *SciTE4AutoIt3 (4).exe
ctrl-f5 on it   6f6c88e6999bcd898491d4a0e6a09802bb6ee8de *SciTE4AutoIt3 (3).exe
shift-f5 on it 6f6c88e6999bcd898491d4a0e6a09802bb6ee8de *SciTE4AutoIt3 (2).exe
your last link 6f6c88e6999bcd898491d4a0e6a09802bb6ee8de *SciTE4AutoIt3 (1).exe
your first link 6f6c88e6999bcd898491d4a0e6a09802bb6ee8de *SciTE4AutoIt3.exe
my first try -> 6f6c88e6999bcd898491d4a0e6a09802bb6ee8de *SciTE4AutoIt3_v21.316.1639.0.exe
always the same SHA1-Hash

rsRVpv.gif

Side-by-side. Did not change Resolution, pictures from the same monitor
image.png.8f30ea10e3655b8bd9c92dfed97f45f4.png
upper installation v3.3.14.5, clear / sharp.
lower installation 21.316.1639.0.1 blurry, only inside the windows --> and notice the artefacts lefthandside?

Edited by KnutJ

rsRVpv.gif

• Developers

Guys...  there is only one version there and the hash I get is: 6F6C88E6999BCD898491D4A0E6A09802BB6EE8DE

@knutj, It is correct what you see: I removed these lines from the manifest:

<dpiAware>true</dpiAware>
        <dpiAwareness xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2016/WindowsSettings">PerMonitorV2</dpiAwareness>

from this section:

<asmv3:application>
    <asmv3:windowsSettings xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">
        <dpiAware>true</dpiAware>
        <dpiAwareness xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2016/WindowsSettings">PerMonitorV2</dpiAwareness>
    </asmv3:windowsSettings>
</asmv3:application>

Because else the icons become vary small when you are running on a higher DPI. The result could very well give some lesser  sharp characters and ico's as the are shown larger with adding more pixels, but that is better that to punish the old eyes as far as I am concerned.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

ok, i get your point regarding larger icons - but the charset can be changed in the editor :)

if the icons would just be doubled in size, that would make them clear also, but the factor is somewhat off - like it is only +30% or something - which results in uneven rendering of all the rest.

i am not relying on the beta, therefore i can always use the older Scite4Autoit which is delivering a sharp-picture. Just wanted to state the case.
For me this is a "no worry" as long as i can upgrade AutoIt while keeping the old scite :)

or am i able to change the manifest after installation? --> i don't think so.

Edited by KnutJ

rsRVpv.gif

• Developers
1 minute ago, KnutJ said:

ok, i get your point regarding larger icons - but the charset can be changed in the editor :)

Just do Ctrl+1 and adapt the standard fontsize to what you prefer in this new situation. :) 

2 minutes ago, KnutJ said:

if the icons would just be doubled in size, that would make them clear also, but the factor is somewhat off - like 60% or something - which results in uneven rendering of all the rest.

I am using the standard set provided by t he official SciTE, only adapted the manifest.

3 minutes ago, KnutJ said:

i am not relying on the beta, therefore i can always use the oder Scite4Autoit which is delivering a sharp-picture. Just wanted to state the case.
For me this is a "no worry" as long as i can upgrade AutoIt while keeping the old scite :)

This version will be this weekend the next production version ....so somehow we need to find the best compromise of all the default settings. ;) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

if there would be a way, just to enlarge the icons ... ...
What about that option:  "toolbar.large=1" ?

image.thumb.png.e6d0c6cd67266f8323a648490323d6c8.png

toolbar.large=1 is some kind of "inbetween" size - but the fonts stays clear.

But changing the font size in the options - no matter which font and/or size - results in those blurry-edges

Edited by KnutJ

rsRVpv.gif

• Developers
35 minutes ago, KnutJ said:

What about that option:  "toolbar.large=1" ?

51 minutes ago, Jos said:

I am using the standard set provided by t he official SciTE, only adapted the manifest.

Ideas are great and appreciated, but I basically use the standard SciTE with only some minor changes to fit with AutoIt3 and annoyances fixes, so If anything needs changing. the official website would be the place to request changes. :)   

9 minutes ago, argumentum said:

...the way this is going, developers are gonna have to buy 4k monitors for the new era of higher pixel density.  :(

Not sure I understand ...  these new monitors are the issue here where everything becomes smaller....  hence the removal of the dpi awareness  for folks like me, with less than perfect eyesight. :) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos locked and unpinned this topic