7/02/2021: Uploaded a new release candidate of the new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v21.203.1500.3

Jos

• Developers

Please try to understand the question before posting. I understand we have a language challenge, but it would help when you try a little harder to understand what is being asked of you....   so I know that you had that issue and I know you told me these step, but that doesn't give me the problem you have, as I have told you already many times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... so explain what this problem is with the current version and how you proposed 4 lines solve that issue!

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers
1 hour ago, wyf said:

Add below line 62 of AutoItIndentFix.lua:

if line + 3 >= editor.LineCount then
            editor:EndUndoAction()
            self.Check_Indent_inProgress = false
            return return_value
        end

This "fix" means that any indentfix won't work anymore on the last 3 lines, which doesn't make sense to me as that is often the place where you are typing new lines, so again, please explain what the issue is you see on your installation so I understand and can try to fix it for you.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Please do a test:
In the SciTe.exe edit box, open \AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\Directives.au3, scroll to the last line, click "Enter", and see what happens?

If you do this test without any exceptions, then it will be deemed as meaningless as my feedback!
In the Chinese Win 10 system, this test will cause the SciTe.exe edit box to be unresponsive for a long time, and neither the "Enter" operation can be performed, nor the SciTe.exe program window can be closed normally.

If you still don’t understand the meaning of this post, this is the end, OK !

The system notebook program shows that Directives.au3 is coded as ANSI.

Edited by wyf

• Developers
15 minutes ago, wyf said:

Please do a test:
In the SciTe.exe edit box, open \AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\Directives.au3, scroll to the last line, click "Enter", and see what happens?

Nothing other than showing a new line....  as I have been saying all along!   
... but I do not have any doubt that you do have an problem with your installation, but I simply need a way to replicate the problem on my system or somebody write a fix for the issue that makes sense to me.

If you still don’t understand the meaning of this post, this is the end, OK !

I understand you quite well, but I believe you do not understand what I am asking of you as you don't provide answers to my questions. ;) 
I can understand that the fix you posted is solving your issue when it only happens at the end of a file, but it is not a proper fix as it disables the functions feature.

What is the standard file encoding you use in SciTE? (the standard utf8 without bom or something else?)
.. or do you have any other code.page set than 0?

Could you show me the information shown by AutoIt3Wrapper:

+>15:59:46 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper (19.1127.1402.30) from:SciTE.exe (4.4.6.0)  Keyboard:00020409  OS:WIN_10/2009  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0413)  CodePage:65001  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\jos\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\jos\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Good evening Mister JOS,

I have just downloaded your last SciTE4AutoIt3_v21.203.1500.1 (from your link at the top of this topic: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/SciTE4AutoIt3.exe) and while downlaoding I got a warning message of MS antivirus (W10).
I discarded the warning as tend not to beleive MS antivir messages when coming from a know reputable soucrce as your site, but then I submitted your .exe to virustotal.

I got a shock as it said to me that 39/65 engines dtected this file.

As I also know that in the past antivirus vendors had flagged autoit as a virus for now reason but to allow to control Windows and had been used by malicious code authors, I suspect that could be the case here now.

However, before going on with installing your new version, I would appreciate that you reassure me by telling that you are sure there is no virus in this Scite installer and that there detections are false positives.

Thank you very much in advance.

Name: SciTE4AutoIt3_v21.203.1500.1.exe
Size: 5379375 bytes (5253 KiB)
SHA256: 6F2758282A2FABD6B2E6753A9EDBEF85B55E1129D5E8FB42B2F1F3FAB4DF8F23

Gilles

• Developers

I see indeed they are flagging and even chrome doesn't allow a download anymore. Also Tidy.exe, au3stripper and SciTE individually are flagged now with different "threats", so I have no idea why this is suddenly happening and will take them offline for now until this is sorted. 

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I have updated  all build tools, PellesC ; Visual Studio & NSIS  and recompiled all exe's  to get rid of the false positives, and they are now uploaded. 
Tidy still gives 3 errors, au3stripper 1 error and SciTE is now without. That is the best I can do for this moment, but hope this is not going to be the new trend or else it could be the end of support for all these tools. 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thank you very much for your answer.
The only thing that matters to me is that you just said (implied) that these were false positives. I will just re-download your distribution and flag it as an exception in Windows antivirus. All those AV companies are very sheep-like (we say "moutonnières" in French) : once one of them "found" something they think is of interest even if completely wrong, everybody follows and jump in the sea.

Thank you for your help.
Have a good week.

G.

• Developers
1 minute ago, GillesMaisonneuve said:

he only thing that matters to me is that you just said (implied) that these were false positives.

As far as I know that is the case .... but there is never a 100% guarantee for anything is there....  at least that is what I have learned over the 40+ years dabbling in the IT world. :( 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

One other proposed change, 

If $INP_UseX64 = "y" Then
                    FileWriteLine($hTempFile2, '            processorArchitecture="amd64"')
                Else
                    FileWriteLine($hTempFile2, '            processorArchitecture="x86"')
                EndIf
                FileWriteLine($hTempFile2, '        publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"/>')

Allows the manifest to properly report the architecture of the build.

To mention... I notice that your scite manifest now has 2 language entries and that the 1033 english manifest no longer uses DPI. The reason this stands out to me is that in the past, I used to always edit the scite.exe manifest to disable the DPI features so that scite would display properly. It was mostly an issue with size of the icons not scaling. I use a 4K screen set to 225% scaling for most of my work.

Test again, the bug I reported will not appear in SciTE.exe in the English environment.
It only appears in the SciTE.exe of Language:0804 and CodePage:936.
So you cannot reproduce this bug.

A friend of mine provided another solution below:
Modify part of the code in function AutoItIndentFix:OnUpdateUI() in AutoItIndentFix.lua:
    -- Comment source code local Next_firstword = self:FirstWord(line+1)
    -- Comment source code local Next2_firstword = self:FirstWord(line+2)
    -- Add modification code:
                 local Next_firstword = ""     -- add modification code Start 
                 local Next2_firstword = ""     -- add modification code
                 if editor:LineLength(line+1) ~= 0 then     -- add modification code
                 Next_firstword = self:FirstWord(line+1)     -- add modification code
                 end         -- add modification code
                 if editor:LineLength(line+2) ~= 0 then     -- add modification code
                 Next2_firstword = self:FirstWord(line+2)     -- add modification code
                 end         -- add modification code end    

Please review!

• Developers
10 hours ago, Shark007 said:

One other proposed change, 

If $INP_UseX64 = "y" Then
                    FileWriteLine($hTempFile2, '            processorArchitecture="amd64"')
                Else
                    FileWriteLine($hTempFile2, '            processorArchitecture="x86"')
                EndIf
                FileWriteLine($hTempFile2, '        publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"/>')

Allows the manifest to properly report the architecture of the build.

Will add that to the list to look at.

8 hours ago, Shark007 said:

To mention... I notice that your scite manifest now has 2 language entries and that the 1033 english manifest no longer uses DPI.

Please provide the an example script which does this. 

4 hours ago, Shark007 said:

Tidy does not function in the current release.

Hate to say it but "Works for me" so you will have to provide more detailed info like the SciTE console info and what "not working" really means.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Test again, the bug I reported will not appear in SciTE.exe in the English environment.
It only appears in the SciTE.exe of Language:0804 and CodePage:936.
So you cannot reproduce this bug.

Thanks for that information! 

Please review!

I still need somebody to explain to me what is going wrong so I can review the solution given! 
So: What happens and is causing the hang for these Language/Codepage settings?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Thanks for that but:

2 hours ago, Jos said:

So: What happens and is causing the hang for these Language/Codepage settings?

Any idea about that question?

is it the self:FirstWord(line+1)  function that makes it hang when I look at the last posted "solution"?

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

4 hours ago, Jos said:

Please provide the an example script which does this. 

With the following 2 pics, the only difference is the actual SciTE.exe in use. The script in use is of no consequence.
This 1st pic is using the release version of SciTE.exe (with small, unusable icons) - this is where I'd edit the manifest to kill DPI usagage.
The 2nd pic is using the current beta of SciTE.exe. The 1033 manifest in the new version does not enable DPI usage at all.

About Tidy, works for me now also - (was a late night, last night, sorry)

Release version of scite.jpg

new version of acite.jpg

Edited by Shark007

• Developers
51 minutes ago, Jos said:

Thanks for that but:

Any idea about that question?

is it the self:FirstWord(line+1)  function that makes it hang when I look at the last posted "solution"?

@wyf,

Could you try making this change to common.lua and see if that fixes you hang and removing any code changes in AutoItIndentFix.lua?:

--
function Common:FirstWord(line)
    if editor:LineLength(line) == 0 then
        return ""
    end
    local word_pos = editor.LineIndentPosition[line] + 1
    local word_start = editor:WordStartPosition(word_pos)
    local word_end = editor:WordEndPosition(word_pos)
    local word_found = editor:textrange(word_start, word_end)
    word_found = word_found:gsub("^%s*", "")    -- remove leading white space
    word_found = word_found:gsub("[\r\n]", "")    -- remove newlines
    return string.lower(word_found)
end -- FirstWord()

This is a change that makes sense to me and should not harm any of its functionality.

Cheers,Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos locked and unpinned this topic