7/02/2021: Uploaded a new release candidate of the new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v21.203.1500.3

Jos

• Developers

@wyf, so your hang issue is solved when I understand it correctly, but you now get another error on the code under the green text?

Please do not use screen captures, but cut&paste the text in a codebox <> 

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Sorry! I don't know how to do it "cut&paste the text in a codebox"

Due to language barriers, only "use screen captures"

"so your hang issue is solved when I understand it correctly, but you now get another error on the code under the green text?"
I think you already understand!

Waiting for you to continue repairing! Thank you!!!

Edited by wyf

• Developers
49 minutes ago, wyf said:

Waiting for you to continue repairing! Thank you!!!

No idea what that mean when you don't answer my question.  Repair what?
As before: I have no issues when I type that line and hit Enter.

For clarity: The reason the first one is fixed is because I used the common.lua changes I posted earlier without any change, and at that time you said it did not work, so I really don't know what to do with your feedback at times. 

49 minutes ago, wyf said:

Due to language barriers, only "use screen captures"

Don't and use the forum settings! I understand that language is an issue but this is not workable for me to work on issues you report.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
3 minutes ago, wyf said:

Got it! I canceled my feedback.

Glad you got it as I still have no idea whether everything now works for you or if you still have problems. ;) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

8 hours ago, wyf said:

description for the pic In the code of pic

MsgBox(64, 'ghjghj', 'ertert')
;;;; fghfghfghfgh
For 1 To 6

Next
;no problem   =(

ok, so I typed straight from an "untitled" ( no file present ) tab and start typing but show no error. But I can not run ("F5"/Go) as there is no file to be loaded by AutoIt

Nor SciTE would know what to do as it can not know what language to use, as there is no ".au3" file extension to claim a language ( AutoIt in this case )

Edited by argumentum

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

... troubleshooting software. What a pain. Anyway, there are conditions that create the unexpected behavior. Getting to find exactly what is going on is a rounding down to the specific occurrence. you could try

MsgBox()
; comment
$n = 2 -1

then 

$n = 2 -1

maybe is the "-1", maybe is the 3rd line, maybe.... . Rounding down those "maybes" to the exact point of failure is a tedious job but someone has to do it
And I would not know how to find my way around in Chinese(0804), so it would be highly convenient for you to do the troubleshooting as no one has been able to replicate the flaw. 

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

• Developers

@argumentum,

My guess is that the shown last line gives that error message when Enter is given or simply doesn't do anything, as that is when autoIndent.lua does its work....... but  you have seen the difficulty to get  strait answers to  questions asked or task to perform, which makes it totally impossible for me to debug things.... and I won't be trying to set my windows to chinees in an effort to try and replicate these issues. ....   

So, either somebody stops by that has these issues and can help debugging or else "it is what it is".  

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

On 3/16/2021 at 12:54 PM, Shark007 said:

With the following 2 pics, the only difference is the actual SciTE.exe in use. The script in use is of no consequence.
This 1st pic is using the release version of SciTE.exe (with small, unusable icons) - this is where I'd edit the manifest to kill DPI usagage.
The 2nd pic is using the current beta of SciTE.exe. The 1033 manifest in the new version does not enable DPI usage at all.

I have a different, but also SciTe beta related problem. the Buttonbar is smaller than before (older Scite Version) and the font in the source-code-windows is very blurry.

Sorry, i wanted to link to the other post, but didn't figure out, how.

Edited by Jos

rsRVpv.gif

• Developers
1 minute ago, KnutJ said:

I have a different, but also SciTe beta related problem. the Buttonbar is smaller than before (older Scite Version) and the font in the source-code-windows is very blurry.

Have you tried the latest Version 4.4.6 build Mar 16 2021 13:51:55?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Could you show an image of the issue you see as I expected the newly set manifest to show larger icons when you have an higher dpi setting since we have now:

<asmv3:application>
    <asmv3:windowsSettings xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">
    </asmv3:windowsSettings>
</asmv3:application>

in stead of 

<asmv3:application>
    <asmv3:windowsSettings xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">
        <dpiAware>true</dpiAware>
        <dpiAwareness xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2016/WindowsSettings">PerMonitorV2</dpiAwareness>
    </asmv3:windowsSettings>
</asmv3:application>

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos locked and unpinned this topic