Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChrisL

SciTE Question

8 posts in this topic

In SciTE when you compile you get the reshack options and Icon options etc.

But when using Beta Compile you don't get these options, but it does read a previously created .au3.ini, is there something I need to change to get it to do the same as it does when you use the normal compile?

But when using Beta Compile you don't get these options, but it does read a previously created .au3.ini, is there something I need to change to get it to do the same as it does when you use the normal compile?

If your trying to compile with options with Beta, I think you can only use the #commands and or do what I did... just replaced all my regular files with beta ones :lmao:

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

update to the latest SciTE4AutoIt3

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/

open your script with SciTE

type 'compiler' (sans quotes)

press space

voila, all the options you need, including

#compiler_prompt = y

Just so I understand correctly:

You have a script in SciTE and when you press F7 it shows the Menu with the option and when you press Alt+F7 it doesn't ?

(or are you using Build -> Ctrl+F7 when it shows the Menu with compile options ?)

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Just so I understand correctly:

You have a script in SciTE and when you press F7 it shows the Menu with the option and when you press Alt+F7 it doesn't ?

(or are you using Build -> Ctrl+F7 when it shows the Menu with compile options ?)

Latest SciTE downloaded today.

From the Menu.. Tools / Beta Compile or Alt + F7 you get no reshack options or icon selection

Normal compile Tools / Compile or Ctrl + F7 gets all the options for reshack and icons etc

I would have thought that you should get the Reshack/Icon screen doing a Beta Compile too IMHO

I guess if you toggle them you do.

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

Latest SciTE downloaded today.

From the Menu.. Tools / Beta Compile or Alt + F7 you get no reshack options or icon selection

Normal compile Tools / Compile or Ctrl + F7 gets all the options for reshack and icons etc

I would have thought that you should get the Reshack/Icon screen doing a Beta Compile too IMHO

When we started with CompileAU3 F7 was the "Compile" and Ctrl+F7 was "Compile with options".

Then Beta was added and Alt+F7 is now BETA compile and is similar to F7 to compile with the production version

Ctrl+F7 is really the Compile with options where you can determine yourself what the settings should be.

I am never using the menu anymore but do everything with "Compiler directives" in the Script source itself.

I have considered removing support for the INI files totally, to get rid of some complexity in the program, but have decided to leave the current stuff in there but am not doing any more development on it.

So new Compiler options like the AU3Check options isn't available in the Menu.

Hope this explains what you are seeing...

EDIT: By the way, the Reshack is still done with the information defined in the INI file....

and you could change the behaviour for Alt+F7 by adding this line to your SciTEUSer.properties:

command.1.*.au3=$(SciteDefaultHome)\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe /beta /in "$(FilePath)" /autoit3dir "$(autoit3dir)\beta"

But remember you will override BETA settings when you specify the AUT2EXE to use in the Menu...

Edited by JdeB

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)