Let your S.O. know how many times you've thought of them over discord! (Well commented, simple example)

Draygoes

Go to solution Solved by Draygoes,

• Solution

Here is a well commented and simple example that beginners should be able to follow. It deals with a lot of beginner consepts, a ton of them being consepts I started with. :)
You must have discord running, and you will have to modify the Window title names, but it should otherwise work right out of the box for you. :)

;This will help us keep a running tally of how often we've thought about our S.O.
;We could do this totally in ram, but we would lose our count any time the program crashes or restarts.
;This allows us to reset our count according to our wishes.
If Not FileExists( "count" ) Then ;If file doesn't exist,
    FileWriteLine( "count", "0" ) ;create the file with the number 0
EndIf

;This sets * on the numberpad as our hotkey to launch the main function.
;The loop just gives us a reason to be running in the background. Script can't end until we want it to or our hotkey isn't being watched for.
HotKeySet("{NUMPADMULT}", "KissAndTell"); * on the numberpad.
While 1
    Sleep( 10000 )
WEnd

Func KissAndTell() ;Create Function KissAndTell
    $count = FileReadLine( "count" ); Get number of times executed.
    $count = $count + 1; Account for this time by adding one.
    FileDelete("count"); Delete our file to ensure blank slate.
    FileWriteLine( "count", $count );write current count to file, recreating it.
    Do;Keep...
        WinActivate( "TheNuggetQueen - Discord");... activating this window until...
    Until WinActive( "TheNuggetQueen - Discord" );... we see that it's active.

Send("My program is recording how much I think about you. I've thought about you " & $count & " times today! I love you!",1)

Send("{ENTER}")
EndFunc ;EndFunction

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

31 minutes ago, Somerset said:

Not creepy one bit.

Haha, yeah, I can see how it would look that way. My wife and I are weirdos who find stuff like this romantic. To each their own. :)

31 minutes ago, Somerset said:

If you step away and leave that running on its own, it could get messy for an unsuspecting dm from a fellow dicord user.

Oh yeah, that would be a mistake lmao
But the point is to show off how often I'm thinking about her, so needing to trigger it with a button is a required function. Happy acciden, it can't go rogue.

Edited by Draygoes
Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.